I was recently tagged by the wonderful Kaye Ford to do an eleven things post and it was really interesting to go over the questions that she chose. This will give you all a little more of an insight into me and my world.
1. If you could meet anybody in the world, who would it be and why?
It depends entirely on whether it means dead or alive. If it was dead then I would choose to meet my Grandpa as he died when I was 8 and I would love him to see me now and see the person i’ve grown up to become. If it was someone alive i’d go with Taylor Swift as she seems like one of the few genuinely nice pop stars out there who wants to talk to fans and wants to live her life as much like normal as it’s possible when you’re Taylor!
2. What is your ideal date?
Probably something which involved music as it is such a big part of my life, so perhaps dinner (an amazing burger joint or Nandos is good enough!) and a live music show afterwards because then we get the chance to talk and get to know each other but then get to experience something together. Either that or something adventurous like indoor skydiving or water sports! I’m a definite adrenaline junkie.
3. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
I was going to say chicken, but actually i’m going to change it to Nandos, because then I can not only have my chicken (medium of course!), but also rice, mash and halloumi, because yes I am addicted!
4. Favourite song at the moment?
My favourite songs change all the time and it’s very dependant on my mood, but while writing this I would say mine is ‘Why Worry’ by Set It Off. It’s such a bright, upbeat song and it’s a constant reminder to do as it says on the tin. I worry about a lot of things and i’m trying hard to be more spontaneous and think less about what others think and implications of things.
5. If you were to create a festival line-up, who would your 3 main headliners be?
I would have to say Foo Fighters, Biffy Clyro and Bring Me The Horizon because they’re three of my favourite bands and are all amazing live performers.
6. What is your absolute dream holiday?
Can I just cheat and say a round the world trip?! If not I would say either Thailand or Australia. I have quite a few friends who have been to Thailand and it looks amazing so i’d love to travel around and experience everything it has to offer. Australia is somewhere i’d love to travel around too, i’d love to skydive there, go shark diving and scuba dive at the Great Barrier Reef. All experiences i’d definitely not forget.
7. Can you remember the weirdest and or scariest dream you have ever had?
I don’t tend to remember many dreams but one which I do remember from when I was really young was about a killer flying koala bear. I literally have no idea where this strange character came from or if I had watched some crazy programme on TV to stimulate my imagination, but it just used to fly around and chase me and as a child it used to freak me out!
8. If you won a life changing amount on the lottery, what would be the first thing you would spend your money on and why?
There are lots of things i’d do as I have thought extensively about this, but the first thing i’d do is pay off my parents mortgage so they can stop working. My parents (like most peoples) have always worked hard to provide for me and my brother and to give them a chance to relax and not have to worry about their mortgage would be a great feeling.
9. Do you have a motto that you live by?
I don’t really have a motto as such but I try to live by two rules. The first one is ‘ Do whatever makes you happy (as long as it doesn’t hurt others)’. I am the first to admit that I am quite a selfish person but while I do think of others and want to ensure those I love are happy, ultimately I live for myself and if something will make me happy i’ll do it. And the second one is ‘Never give up on your dreams’ (I even have this tattooed on myself!) whatever you want to d,o be it a career, a place you want to travel or an experience you want don’t give up on it, make it happen. Those people who know me will know I plan a lot, I love doing things, gaining new experiences and if I want to do something I will do my best to make it happen.
10. Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
In 5 years time i’ll be 30 which in itself is quite a scary thought, but i’d like to be in a higher position of my career, ideally as a copywriter or content manager, but in an environment where I can be creative. I see myself still freelancing because however much my full time job pays I know it will never be enough! Ideally i’d like to be with a partner, although possibly not married within the next 5 years.
11. What do you think is the meaning of life?
This is quite a tricky one as I am not spiritual or religious in the slightest and I pretty much believe that we live our lives and then die and that’s it. Pretty bleak I know!
Your questions are these:
1. What’s your biggest ambition in life?
2. If you were stranded on a desert island what three things would you want with you?
3. How would your friends describe you?
4. What’s your favourite movie?
5. What is your proudest moment so far?
6. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
7. Why did you begin blogging?
8. If you were in a zombie apocalypse how long would you survive?
9. Favourite flavour of crisps?
10. What one piece of make up could you not be without?
11. Most reckless things you’ve ever done?