Cereal Killer Cafe

cereal

Generally pop-up shops and quirky places can be somewhat of a fad, somewhere to say you’ve been but somewhere you wouldn’t go back to. When the Cereal Killer Cafe first opened in Shoreditch that’s what many- including me- thought. But when they opened their second cafe right in the heart of the Stables market in Camden I knew I had to give it a go.

I’m a huge Reeces peanut butter fan so the fact that I knew they did that cereal made the choice of going even easier. Last weekend I planned an awesome day out in London with my friend and chose here to have our substantial breakfast to keep us going throughout the day. We rocked up to a wonderfully quiet Camden at 9.30am and found the cafe really easily (it’s just downstairs from the Amy Winehouse statue as you walk into the entrances of the Stables nearer Chalk Farm station).

cereal killer cafe camden

The first thing I noticed other than the really cute milk float style tables and chairs outside was the incredible choice. Boxes upon boxes of cereal lined the walls behind and beside the desk. I’ve never been a huge cereal person but I genuinely found myself excited despite knowing what I wanted to have. The next step choose your bowl size, milk type and toppings. With about 25 different toppings this was as difficult a choice as the cereal itself. I opted for milky way stars with my Reeces Puffs (as you do) and my friend who had simple Frosties chose party rings and Strawberries (just because you can).

As we were there we had to try some pop tarts as well because when in Rome and all that. I opted for chocolate chip ones and my friend has chocolate strawberry and both were delicious. We commented to the girl who worked there about how nice and quiet it was and she said it wouldn’t stay like that for long and they even had bookings throughout the day. Even by about 10.15am the place was getting pretty busy so i’m glad we went early enough.

resses cereal and poptarts

A lot of people have previously commented that the cafe was expensive but for a little over £7 I got a medium bowl of cereal (an American one which is slightly more expensive), a topping, two pop tarts and an apple juice which I thought was completely reasonable.

The Cereal Killer Cafe for me was not overhyped, overpriced or disappointing in the slightest and I can’t wait to go back again (I had my eye on the chocolate orange puff cereal!) I’d recommend heading here but only if you can get there at a decent time, i’d hate to see it busy!

Have you been before or are thinking of going?
August 17, 2015

• Reply Laura Pilkington

I have wanted to go here for AGES, well since I heard about it online. The only problem is that there are so many choices I wouldn't know where to start. Glad you liked it.

Laura x

August 17, 2015 at 9:10 pm
    • Reply Rhian Westbury

I have been wanting to for ages as well and Camden is so much easier for me than Shoreditch. You can stand around for ages, but i'm going to set myself the challenge of when ever I go not to have something i've already had! x

August 18, 2015 at 10:20 am
  • Reply Melissa Zia

I've been wanting to go here for a while! sounds like a brilliant café and the cereals look very nice 🙂
    The price is quite good too!

August 17, 2015 at 9:16 pm
    • Reply Rhian Westbury

I was quite shocked at the price because lots of others had complained about how much a bowl of cereal was, but I didn't feel it was for a massive breakfast! x

August 18, 2015 at 10:21 am
  • Reply Mellissa Williams

This looks interesting, I would never have thought of this concept before but it looks cool

August 18, 2015 at 12:54 pm
    • Reply Rhian Westbury

It was really cool, and i'm not even a cereal lover. x

August 19, 2015 at 4:26 pm
  • Reply Eleanor Cecily

Sad to say this still feels hugely overhyped to me. Did you see the now infamous interview with Channel 4 news? I have to say I'm still with the journalist. I mean it's great that they import loads of cereals so I suppose if you're into those sorts of things you can have a bowl if you fancy it rather than paying the huge amount to import the box yourself, but it's not for me. I'll be interested to see if it lasts!

August 18, 2015 at 1:06 pm
    • Reply Rhian Westbury

Yes I did see the interview and it was a product that wasn't around and so they brought their business in to fill the hole. I understand when people say its overhyped but after over a year they're going strong and opened a second branch. I wouldn't buy a whole box of certain cereals because i'd eat it all and then regret it. Just like i'd pay to go to the Hagan Diaz restaurant as opposed to buying a huge tub of ice cream. x

August 19, 2015 at 4:28 pm
  • Reply Stella Olojola

The food looks so yummy. I havn't visited yet but I want to now.

August 19, 2015 at 1:28 pm
    • Reply Rhian Westbury

It was really yummy, definitely a recommendation. Esp the one in Camden as its much bigger. x

August 19, 2015 at 4:28 pm
  • Reply Natasha Kendall

It seems a bit over-rated to me, but the interior is really cute and it's a great idea, they just need to expand their menu a tad more if it's going to last!

August 19, 2015 at 2:26 pm
    • Reply Rhian Westbury

Yeah the interior was lovely all old disney movie tapes where the sign was and old school games dotted around. A nice concept for an occasional treat x

August 19, 2015 at 4:29 pm
  • Reply Laura Hartley

I LOVE the Cereal Killer Cafe! It's expensive but so worth it for the tasty cereal combos and the cool atmosphere!

Laura @ What's Hot?

August 21, 2015 at 1:15 pm
    • Reply Rhian Westbury

Totally agree, there is so much choice it's hard to decide what to go for! x

August 21, 2015 at 3:57 pm
  • Reply Lio O

Such an interesting concept! Do they do a hot breakfast as well? I really wish they had things like this in my neck of the woods it's certainly something I'd be willing to try.
    Lydia

August 21, 2015 at 1:39 pm
    • Reply Rhian Westbury

I know there are a few cereal cafes right up north, Liverpool if I remember rightly. The only thing warm is the pop tarts and the tea/ coffee. x

August 21, 2015 at 3:57 pm
  • Reply AliceMegan

I love the idea and concept of this but still not sure I'd go out for cereal!
    AliceMegan