Sephora US Exclusive Goodies

sephora haul

Kat Von D Tattoo Eyeliner in Trooper- $19/ Kat Von D Lipstick in Lolita- $21/ Buxom Amplified Lash Mascara- $22

As anyone who’s read my blog before you’ll know that I headed over to the States in September because I haven’t stopped banging on about it. I didn’t have a lot of time in New York this time *boo* but I did manage to squeeze in a pretty impressive (although not to my bank balance!) Sephora haul.

With pretty much all of the products I had a list beforehand of things I had wanted to try that were cheaper in the States (pretty much everything!) or products which you could not get here in the UK. The three products which I am going to talk about here are US exclusives, or basically things which if you bought here you’d need to export.

First is the Kat Von D range, most people who I spoke to about shopping in New York told me that I had to have a look at this range and I ended up purchasing an eyeliner and a lipstick (it took a lot of restraint not to buy everything though!)

kat von d lipstick

The eyeliner is the Kat Von D tattoo eyeliner in trooper which I was told is the best eyeliner you’ll ever use. Now the eyeliner is great; it’s super long-lasting and a proper black colour, but probably it’s most redeeming feature is how fine the brush is so you can create a thin line of eyeliner and not be forced to go for a thick line. I wouldn’t go as far as saying it’s the best i’ve ever used but it is certainly something i’ll be grabbing another one of when I head back.

I knew from seeing the gorgeous packaging of the Kat Von D lipsticks that I had to have one, they’re glossy black and look like they have studs all over them. So me! But the tricky choice was what colour. I decided to bite the bullet and go for a colour which is much darker than i’d usually go for. Welcome Lolita! It’s a mid-shade burgundy and is just beautiful on. Because i’m not used to dark lipsticks I did have to tone down my eye make-up when I wore it but it is worth it. Next time I go i’m going to see what other colours I can add to my collection.

buxom mascara

My final US only product was a mascara from the Buxom range. This was actually recommended to me by a fellow Blogger and I thought why not. It really is one of the best mascara’s I have ever used, no exaggeration. One of the best things about it is that it has an adjustable wand. By twisting the lid the brush can extend and shorten and this has been a godsend. If you want to sneak into the corner of your lash you can make it small and easier to control, then extend it out to cover the rest of the lashes. It’s amazing how much difference this one feature can make. The colour is a proper dark black and it really adds volume to my lashes which takes a lot.

These three products alone made my Sephora trip worth while but I also nabbed products from Nars, Urban Decay, The Balm, Too Faced, Bare Minerals, Benefit, Smashbox and more. So keep an eye open for more from my haul!

Have you shopped at Sephora? What are your favourite non UK brands?
October 12, 2015

• Reply Zoe IKIWN

I'm so jealous, I have only heard good things about the Kat Von D lipsticks – I must look into how to make one mine! I wish they were easier to get hold of in the UK. The eyeliner sounds good too….

Zoe xx

October 12, 2015 at 5:24 pm
    • Reply Rhian Westbury

Yeah I hate buying make up without seeing it which is why I wanted to wait until I was in the States. I'm going to have to restrain myself when I head back next summer x

October 12, 2015 at 11:05 pm
  • Reply Sylvia F.

I'm still looking for a good mascara and I'm yet to find one 🙁 Maybe it's just that my lashes are so tiny that nothing looks really good on them :/

October 12, 2015 at 5:34 pm
    • Reply Rhian Westbury

You just need to keep trying. I recommend the Buxom one, `benefit roller lash or loreal paris miss manga punky. They're the best ones i've used.x

October 12, 2015 at 11:06 pm
  • Reply ana de jesus

I have never had any products from Sephora but I have heard so many good things about them that I think it is time to go and check them out. Love your haul.

October 13, 2015 at 7:17 am
    • Reply Rhian Westbury

It's so hard I feel to buy over the internet unless it's a repeat purchase. It's something you kind of have to do in a store in America! x

October 13, 2015 at 10:06 am
  • Reply Yaya Duran

I've been swooning over the KVD line, and that lipstick is to die for! Great picks!

October 13, 2015 at 10:18 am
    • Reply Rhian Westbury

There was just way too much to choose from it was so tough! x

October 13, 2015 at 12:04 pm
  • Reply Rebecca

That lipstick looks incredible! I bet the whole range is just as good. It's so hard not to go crazy in Sephora, isn't it?!

October 13, 2015 at 1:30 pm
    • Reply Rhian Westbury

Yes the whole range looks amazing, it was so hard to choose. I tried not to go too crazy when I was there but I still bought about 12 products, oops. It's so easy to do though x

October 13, 2015 at 1:40 pm
  • Reply Julia@Vikalinka

The only Sephora product I have is their brush set and they are the best brushes I've come across. Thank you for the helpful tips and enjoy America!

October 13, 2015 at 3:10 pm
    • Reply Rhian Westbury

That was something I didn't look at when I went, but I definitely want to check out their brushes next time x

October 13, 2015 at 4:06 pm
  • Reply Olivia Thristan

So jealous,

I bought the Kat Von D lipstick before and it broke in half straight away so I was gutted as they refunded me rather than send another, but I will get another at some point ;D xx

October 13, 2015 at 3:19 pm
    • Reply Rhian Westbury

Oh no that sucks! I bet they've changed the designs now as mine feels super sturdy! x

October 13, 2015 at 4:07 pm
  • Reply Dominika R.

I love Sephora and I wish there was a store, here in London – I would buy everything. I also wrote about them when creating my wish list. If I cant shop at Sephora, I just get whatever I need from Boots.

Dominika

October 13, 2015 at 9:07 pm
    • Reply Rhian Westbury

I quite like that it's only in the US just because it makes prices cheaper. If there was one in London it would just be UK prices! x

October 13, 2015 at 10:59 pm
  • Reply Kaye Ford

SOOOO jealous because I LOVE the Kat Von D range. I only have the shade & light palette which I paid ridiculous amounts for because I imported from Sephora's website, but I love it and her! x

October 14, 2015 at 8:39 am
    • Reply Rhian Westbury

I hate buying make up online when I haven't seen it as things look totally different. But there is so much stuff I want to buy when I go back! x

October 14, 2015 at 1:00 pm
  • Reply Serena Books

I love the look of these products, I wish there was a Sephora store near me!

October 14, 2015 at 8:40 am
    • Reply Rhian Westbury

It's just an excuse to head to the States! x

October 14, 2015 at 12:59 pm
  • Reply Laura Hartley

Ooh that lipstick is a gorgeous colour!!! I'm lucky that I'm currently living in France and there's a Sephora here – I hate how there isn't one in the UK!

Laura @ What's Hot?

October 14, 2015 at 1:34 pm
  • Reply Erin Niimi-Longhurst

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

October 14, 2015 at 2:40 pm
  • Reply fashion-mommy

I love Sephora when I'm abroad, so wish we had branches here.

October 16, 2015 at 10:51 pm