Selfridges Binge Beauty Wishlist

Selfridges Binge Beauty Wishlist

Every day when I read others blog posts or trawl the internet trying to proscrinate I come across yet another beauty product that I want really really need. Each time I spot something it goes onto my wish list and having paid some money aside I am planning on making a trip to Selfridges next week and I thought that I better work out what I want to get so I don’t get distracted by everything else there (although this still will happen).

I realize that a large amount of my wishlist is foundation so I know that I need to narrow this down and only buy one next week but I can’t decide which one to get. I have heard amazing things about all of the ones below so I am pretty sure it will be one of these:

• Nars Sheer Glow Foundation
  • Bobbi Brown SPF15 Foundation
  • Mac Studio Fix Foundation
  • Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In Place
  • Too Faced Born This Way Foundation
estee lauder double wear foundationnars sheer glow foundationbobbi brown foundation

At this moment in time, I have zero ideas which one I will go for so any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

I also want to get a new concealer and I have been drawn towards the Charlotte Tilbury Retoucher which looks like a pen because when I have tried it at the counter it seems like it isn’t too heavy and blends really well into the skin. But I am also intrigued by the Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick which looks like it might be easier to apply than the Charlotte Tilbury one as it’s less of a liquid consistency.

While I have been on a massive lipstick binge recently I am thinking its about time that I tried a Tom Ford lipstick but I haven’t decided on which colour because I haven’t swatched them in person so I think i’ll have to make a trip. The Charlotte Tilbury Glastonberry is also calling my name but I think this might have to wait for another trip.

tom ford lipstickcharlotte tilbury glastonberrybare minerals lipliner

The final two items which I am debating with are one of the Nars Velvet eyeshadow sticks probably in Oaxaca because I haven’t got a lot of darker shadows and this has always looked really nice when I have swatched it in store (plus it glides on super quickly!) Finally I want a new lip liner and I have heard great things about Bareminerals Marvelous Moxie Lipliner and the Empowered shade looks gorgeous, but again I might have to go swatch out a few colours.

Have you tried any of these products? Do you have any recommendations?

1. November 22, 2015 / 12:55 pm

I haven't tried any of these but have heard amazing things about the Too Faced foundation and the Tom Ford lipsticks!

2. November 22, 2015 / 12:56 pm

Oh my gosh, I am LIVING for all of the lip products! The Tom Ford packaging is stunning as well!

Amanda xx
    amandaapparel.co.uk

• November 22, 2015 / 2:16 pm

The Tom Ford lipstick might have to wait until after Christmas as i've just seen how expensive they are. Definitely going to be a super indulgent buy x

3. November 23, 2015 / 12:19 am

Anything by Charlotte Tilbury and Bobbi Brown is alright by me. Love their products.

• November 23, 2015 / 10:04 am

I only bought my first Charlotte Tilbury lipstick last month, don't know how it took me so long! x

4. November 23, 2015 / 6:38 am

No I have not tried any of these products but anything Charlotte Tilbury should be great.

• November 23, 2015 / 10:04 am

I'm going to be like a kid in a candy shop tomorrow! x

5. November 23, 2015 / 12:37 pm

Looks like a perfect list to me. I haven't tried any of these 🙁

6. November 23, 2015 / 12:55 pm

My friend used to swear by the Double Wear foundation so maybe it's worth trying it out at one of their counters first?

• November 23, 2015 / 1:56 pm

Yeah I need to head to some counters, there's just way too much choice x

7. November 23, 2015 / 4:46 pm

Oh my god, I need the Charlotte Tilbury Glastonberry lippy like NOW. That shade is gorge, and I hear the lipsticks she does are incredible!

Lottie xx

• November 23, 2015 / 11:07 pm

I have one which I bought of hers last month but this shade is completely amazing. I need to see the exact shade when I go though x

• November 23, 2015 / 11:07 pm

I'm glad you love it, I am veering more towards this one I think x

8. November 24, 2015 / 2:00 pm

NARS sheer glow is my holy grail, it gives an amazing finish and you only need a tiny bit so it lasts ages, the charlotte tilbury lipsticks are incredible, bitch perfect is my favourite shade, fab post! xx

• November 24, 2015 / 2:25 pm

I think Nars might be the one I look at as I have heard loads of great things about the finish on this foundation. I just end up standing around the Charlotte Tilbury stand in awe! haha x

9. November 24, 2015 / 4:22 pm

Good Luck with this shopping trip – it sounds like it will be a long day out for you! So much choice! I personally love Bobbi Brown make up but I bet once you get to Selfridges you find a whole bunch of other stuff you want as well!

• November 24, 2015 / 5:23 pm

My issue with Selfridges is having too much choice so I try and limit myself to looking a few brands and even then it's so much choice! x

10. November 24, 2015 / 6:04 pm

Good prospective choices! I really want to try a tom ford lipstick the colours are beautiful! I've heard great things about Esteé Lauder double wear and also Nars sheer glow! I want to try both! Can't wait to see what you decide to pick up!

• November 25, 2015 / 9:16 am

There are just way too many products that I have heard good things about, decisions, decisions x

11. November 25, 2015 / 9:32 am

I've heard so much about the Too Faced Born This Way foundation – I'm dying to try it!

• November 25, 2015 / 11:36 am

I managed to swatch colours last night so just to buy it x

12. November 25, 2015 / 10:11 am

Great high-end brands. As far as concealer is concerned, I can absolutely recommend the By Terry Densiliss one. Flawless coverage, feels light as a feather on, it doesn't crease and best of all (should you have dry skin or like a moisture hit) extremely hydrating. Tx

• November 25, 2015 / 11:36 am

Oh this sounds great as I do have dry skin, thanks for the tip i'll have a look into this x

13. November 25, 2015 / 1:50 pm

You know, I've never tried Bobby Brown, but after seeing her feature on BBC News yesterday I will be trying her out very soon. This foundation seems like a great place to start 🙂

• November 25, 2015 / 4:09 pm

Up until recently I hadn't used any Bobbi Brown products either! x

14. November 25, 2015 / 10:10 pm

I have always wanted to try Bobby Brown, i have heard so many good things 🙂 Hopefully santa will leave something nice in my stocking 😉

• December 1, 2015 / 9:18 pm

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. BB under the tree would be a right treat x