Was My Decision To Get A Sony Xperia Z5 A Good One?

Was My Decision To Get A Sony Xperia Z5 A Good One?

My contract for my old Samsung Galaxy S4 ran out in September and I was hit with the dilemma of what phone to go for. I’ve never been an Iphone girl despite loving and owning multiple other Apple products. It used to be because I loved being able to take out a battery and have spares if mine ever ran out but with most phones being sealed now this wasn’t an argument. I’m just so used to Android phones and I love them, over the years I’ve had HTC, Sony, Samsung and more but this time I was stumped.

Phones do so much now that all the features I want are available on all the phones and what makes them different is so minimal. That was until I found out the spec for the Sony Xperia Z5 which came out in October. The phone itself looked great style wise and functionality wise, but it was the camera which swayed it for me: a whopping 23 mega pixels! That’s pretty much SLR quality there in your hand.

xperia z5

Naturally I made my decision from this and ordered the phone because it wasn’t yet in shops and I have never looked back. Sometimes I don’t want to lug a camera around or my bag is just too small for one and this phone covers the bases. When I went to Copenhagen I used this as much as my digital camera and got the same quality photos, some of the photos on the very blog have been taken by my Xperia. The images are sharp, it works really well without a flash/ in low lighting and has a decent zoom which doesn’t blur photos.

The phone itself is a little bigger than my S4 but it’s flatter which almost makes up for it, but from both a blogging point of view and a personal point of view the camera makes all the difference. If you’re looking for a new phone I definitely recommend giving this a try out.

What phone do you have? Are you happy with it?

1. November 10, 2015 / 12:39 pm

Im in the market for a new phone so ill have to check this out. My. Sony experia is getting old now and the images arnt very sharp with it.

Umber x

• November 10, 2015 / 12:57 pm

You should stick with the Xperia and just get the latest version if the camera is something you use a lot! x

• November 10, 2015 / 2:54 pm

It is really good, it's as good as my digital camera! x

2. November 10, 2015 / 2:31 pm

Sounds like a great phone. I'm an iphone fan through and through, would be scared to change

• November 10, 2015 / 2:55 pm

It can be scary changing when you've had one thing for so long x

3. November 10, 2015 / 7:20 pm

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4. November 10, 2015 / 8:42 pm

I did look at the S6 Edge but it looked far too delicate, even the ones in the shops were broken which is why I looked at other brands x

5. November 11, 2015 / 10:41 am

The quality of images is great on this phone! I'm gobsmacked at 23 megapixels!!! I'm such an iPhone girl and I think I always will be, I did once have a blackberry and it was awful, I hated it and I don't think I can ever break up with the iPhone even if the camera is shocking compared to the Xperia Z5!

• November 11, 2015 / 11:50 am

I know I did wonder if it was a misprint when I saw how good the camera was. I never had a blackberry but I hated ever using my friends though x

6. November 11, 2015 / 10:46 am

I've always been an iphone girl, but damn having looked at the specs, the camera makes me ponder my next upgrade!

• November 11, 2015 / 11:54 am

I know a lot of people who have moved from Iphone to Android's because the spec's are a lot better! x

7. November 11, 2015 / 3:03 pm

I am iphone girl! I wouldnt change to anything 🙂 this looks decent thought!

• November 12, 2015 / 12:22 pm

As long as you're happy with what you've got that all that matters x

8. November 11, 2015 / 3:08 pm

I'm an iphone lover but moved over to samsung. The contract usually decides the phone so at the moment stuck with a samsung s4 mini. Not sure what will be my next phone but a good camera is a must!

• November 12, 2015 / 12:22 pm

Yeah the camera is the first thing I look at as I only then use it for the net/ emails/ maps etc which all phones have x

9. November 12, 2015 / 12:40 pm

I'm on my second sony phone. I have the M2 it's all I could afford on PAYG. I have to admit that the camera is somewhat disappointing. If budget was no option then I'd have gone for the HTC M8.

• November 12, 2015 / 1:00 pm

It looks huge but it isn't much bigger than your standard android phone, and nowhere near the size of the Samsung Note! x

10. November 12, 2015 / 6:10 pm

This looks awesome!! I have an iPhone and I'm so bored of it now!!

• November 12, 2015 / 10:43 pm

I always find I get bored about half way through my contract! x

11. November 12, 2015 / 9:37 pm

I love the look of the new Sony Xperia! I upgraded my phone in August to the Samsung Galaxy S6 (I also had the Samsung S4 before) and although I love it I sometimes wonder whether I should have waited and gone for the Z5.

I used to work in a phone shop (up until last year) and I always used to recommend the Sony Xperia's, purely because they have such an amazing camera. I even convinced my mum to get one haha 😉 x

• November 12, 2015 / 10:44 pm

I was told about this phone by a few people who used to work in phone shops too so it must have been a pretty standard phone to recommend! I wanted a change from Samsung. Maybe next time they'll be an even better one for you?! x

12. November 13, 2015 / 12:01 pm

I have only ever used Androids and Apple phones with exception of the back up phone which is a microsoft one and I love them all but not sure about sony though

• November 13, 2015 / 12:16 pm

Sony is just another android phone though but a better than average android phone! x