Christmas is stupidly scarily close and the spare room in my flat is resembling Santa’s Grotto mark 2 with presents everywhere. I have given a few friends shocks when they’ve seen the extent of just the presents I give. My family always spoiled myself and my brother with presents (and still do) so ever since I got my first job at 16 I like to do the same thing back. I spend an absolute fortune and end up with the room looking like Christmas threw up in it from around September onwards. I love to be able to spoil and treat my parents the way that they’ve always done for me.
In two weeks time i’ll be in a food induced Boxing Day coma surrounded by my family and looking forward to the year ahead. It really has scared me not just how quickly this month has gone, but how quickly the whole year has gone. I’ve done so much but it’s been over in a blur.
Highlights for 2015 have included:
- Sweden adventures over Easter Weekend covering Stockholm and Gothenburg
- Visiting Copenhagen (probably my favourite European city) in October
- Heading to America for nine intense days along the East Coast, especially seeing Niagara Falls again
- Spending May Bank Holiday in a cottage in the middle of Devon with some of my best friends. Limited phone signal and a weekend tucked away was lovely
- My Slam Dunk adventures heading up North to the Leeds leg before coming back down for London the next day
- Seeing Bring Me The Horizon slay the main stage at this years’ Reading Festival
With a busy 2016 already beginning to fill up I have high hopes for my 26th year on the planet.