I don’t do a lot of update posts, they’re usually just reviews on products or me talking about the last trip I went on so I thought i’d give the five things posts a go that I’ve seen a lot of bloggers do. Sometimes I feel that readers don’t really know a lot about me so I want to change that, plus a post like this gives me something nice to look back on and see what I’ve done week on week. It also makes you realise however bad you think a week has gone there have still been good bits.
Five Things I Did This Week
- I had a lovely catch up with some of my favourite girlies on Thursday evening. There’s a bunch of about eight of us who are all still friends from school and I love that we all still hang out. This is especially true when everything we do tends to revolve around food.
- I caught up with a few of my friends in Camden on Friday night and we had such a laugh. Lots of food and cocktails were consumed and it was a lovely evening. In 2016 I want to make more of an effort to catch up with friends who I don’t see as often.
- I went to Reading on Tuesday to catch up with another friend and we then headed off to see Cancer Bats in the evening which was an awesome show.
- I had my parents round to my flat on Sunday evening where I cooked them dinner after my dad did some odd jobs around my place and I knocked up an amazing Spinach Cannelloni if I do say so myself.
- I managed to finally catch up with everything which I’ve been meaning to do for the last few weeks and my to-do lists have been getting a little smaller *phew*
Five Great Things To Happen This week
- I’ve now booked my flights and hotels for my 8 day stay in New York in July. I am super excited because I have so much planned to cram in even though this is my fourth time in the city. And I finally get to go to Warped Tour which has been a life long ambition of mine.
- A PR campaign I have been working on at work went live this week and we got mentioned on Talk Sport, printed in The Daily Mirror and mentioned on The Express website. Little things like this make me realize that I am doing okay in my job.
- I got commissioned to do some more freelance work which means I have started to be able to save for my New York spending money (Warning to Sephora in advance)
- A friend of mine has booked to go on a solo trip to Florence in the summer. She isn’t the most independent and after her long term partner passed away last July she has been trying to do things to make him proud and I know that both him and me are proud of her.
- I managed to replace my iPod after it broke because the Apple store still had some of the Classic 160GB ones in stock. Although it made me weep handing over the pennies I am so happy I now have my massive stock of music back.
Five Things Which Sucked This Week
- I broke a nail 🙁 I know this doesn’t sound like a big deal but I have permanent pink and white nails (kind of like Gel) and this split part way down the nail so I’ve had to cover it up all week to prevent my real nail getting damaged.
- My umbrella broke. I only realised it was broken when I went to use it on Friday and it didn’t click at the top and I had to hold it really far up.
- I have been so bad on my diet this week and by bad I mean eating everything in sight. I didn’t go and get weighed on Thursday evening through shame so I am hoping I can get it all off this week.
- My date got cancelled 🙁 I had finally regained my faith in Tinder after talking to a seemingly lovely guy and arranging drinks for Sunday evening but it fell through. Here’s hoping it was a genuine reason and not just him re-thinking.
- My fitbit battery died on a day when I know I did over 12,000 steps. I know this isn’t a big deal but I had such a rubbish week that this would have brought my average up quite a bit!
Five Things I Want To Do Next Week
- Go to the gym, at least three times during Monday- Friday, and manage at least one of these in the morning before work.
- Finally get round to watching Ghostbusters. I know it’s awful that I haven’t yet seen it and I’ve been putting it off for ages but next week I finally want to see it.
- Plan my weekend away in Whitby. I am planning a paranormal/ Dracula experience for the first weekend of April before my friend moves back to Germany *sob* so I want to plan this awesome trip sometime next week so we both have something to look forward to.
- Try not to spend money on beauty products. I have a real issue and whether it’s ordering a new product online that I’ve seen people rave about or going into Boots/ John Lewis I buy so many products (like at least 2 things a week). I am putting myself on a beauty spend ban for at least a week.
- Go to bed before midnight every weeknight Monday- Thursday. I know I’ve got a super busy weekend next week so I need to catch up on my sleep earlier so I am not like a walking zombie by the end of it.