I started my five things post series last week and it seems to have gone down well so for the foreseeable future until I get bored or forget I am going to carry on doing them.
5 Things I Did This Week
- I took the plunge and ordered the latest Olympus Pen model. I have been toying with getting this camera for ages as I want a great portable camera which I can use to take snaps of my travels but its the wi-fi feature which swayed me more than anything else. I got a 25% off code from a fellow blogger on Twitter and just though f**k it.
- I got super duper organised with my blog after receiving my Blogger Planner. I have a whole load of content ideas and I’ve started drafting up as much as I can in advance. Blogging is only a hobby for me but I love pushing myself to higher heights.
- On Friday night me and my mum went into London to see Bend it like Beckham and it was such a great musical. I didn’t really remember much of the movie other than the general synopsis but it was incredible and the songs were so clever.
- On Saturday I took my friend on a day trip into London and we went to see the Alice exhibition at the British Library which was really interesting, we did some shopping in Camden and saw Wonder.Land at the National Theatre which was really good (yet a bit odd!)
- I had a lovely catch up with some friends on Sunday evening which included a trip for a Mexican meal at Wahaca’s, some drinks and seeing Aiden in London.
5 Great Things To Happen This week
- I had my passes confirmed to see Coheed and Cambria and Glassjaw in London this week and I am so damn excited. I have seen Coheed once a few years ago but didn’t really pay much attention but this time i’ll be on full alert. Tuesday is going to be ah mazing!
- I also had my passes confirmed for the Kerrang Tour and City and Colour in Feb which means it is set to be a great one for live music!
- I found out my friend is going to be in New York around the same time as me which means I’ll have a friend to go to Warped Tour with. Yay!
- Bring Me The Horizon announced a small Brits show for February which I managed to nab myself tickets for. I am so excited for the show and it means with all the times I’ve booked to see them this year i’ll hit my big 50 anniversary!
- Although I didn’t stick to my gym schedule quite as I would have liked I went on a nice walk with my friend one evening which resulted in me doing over 15,000 steps and I have managed to do my 25 sit ups every single night so I’m looking forward to upping this to 30 next week. I even got to over 21,000 steps on Saturday during my day out in London!
5 Things Which Sucked This Week
- The Monty Python Movies. I pushed myself to watch them this week to tick off my ‘Cult Movies’ list and I feel like I wasted about 8 hours of my life that i’ll never get back.
- I have had absolutely no time to myself this week. I don’t know why it has been such a manic week but I’ve had no time to watch movies/ catch up which means Ghostbusters still goes unwatched
- I put on a few pounds when I went to get weighed so I am going back to basics with my Slimming World this week to get into a good mindset to lose weight.
- I missed out on a gig on Tuesday evening to see I Set My Friends on Fire because I wasn’t feeling 100% right and I am gutted because I’ve never seen the band before.
- My whole going to bed a little earlier this week did not go to plan AT ALL. If anything I have been going to bed even later at around midnight (or a bit later) every night. Sometimes I get a bit ill when I get exhausted due to lack of sleep so I need to resolve this asap before I get ill.
5 Things I Want To Do Next Week
- Book up some of my things for my Edinburgh trip next weekend so maybe the ghost tour, or the Gin Distillery tour because you know Gin!
- I want to carry on doing my sit ups next week every night and make it to the gym at least three times which I think should be achievable
- At least one more module of my tax accounting course. I signed up to a cool online course last month and want to get through at least one more module this week.
- Get to grips with my Olympus Pen when it arrives so that I can take it to Edinburgh when I head there on Friday!
- Lose any weight. When I go and get weighed on Thursday I want to have lost something, anything just to remind myself that I can do it!