This week has been one of those weeks where it has gone super quick and it feels like you’ve done loads but at the same time it feels like you haven’t done much at all. Do any of you ever get that feeling? Here are some of the things which happened this week:
Five Things I Did This Week
- On Tuesday I saw Coheed and Cambria play alongside Glassjaw and Crooks and it was one of the best shows I’ve been to in a long time. For me it was the first time i’d ever seen Glassjaw, and the first time I’d really taken notice of Coheed. All in all an amazing night.
- I finally got round to watching Ghostbusters (hooray!) and it was as great as I thought it would be. I am trying to work my way through some cult movies which I really feel like I should have seen so i’ll always have something to watch.
- Me and my friends booked our holiday for Easter weekend. March’s trip away will be four days in Malta which will be lovely. My mission for going out of the country at least once a month is looking more and more achievable as the weeks go by.
- On Friday night I headed up to Edinburgh for a weekend away completely on my own and it was lovely. Edinburgh is an amazing city and one i’ll definitely be heading back to. There will be a whole post on my trip but there’s just so much to do!
- While I was in Edinburgh I got myself two new tattoos (although one of them is pretty small!) I had been following a particular tattooist for ages and the thought occured to me a week or so before going that she was based right near where I was going and thankfully she had an open spot for me. I love my new additions and her style is amazing!
Five Great Things To Happen
- This week my pass to see Bury Tomorrow play alongside Parkway Drive came through and I am super excited for next week. Bury Tomorrow are one of my favourite bands and I’m so excited to catch some of the new album live!
- My date which got cancelled the other week got rearranged and happened the Thursday just gone and I pushed past my confidence issues to have a few hours of conversation with a sort of stranger.
- My Olympus Pen camera got delivered and on first use it is absolutely amazing. I love how easy it is to use the Wireless feature, how cute and easy to use the flash is and the screen which flips out.
- Although it’s not much I lose 1lb this week, it’s a start although I am determined to lose more over the course of February.
- I had a few SEO audits and other pieces of freelance work commissioned to start next week which gives me a good start to the month.
FiveWhich Sucked This Week
- I had planned to take a whole batch of blog photos this week but just haven’t quite had the chance to take them all so I’m going to have to spend an evening this week doing some.
- Everyday I take a thermos flask of tea into work to keep me going but on Friday I knocked it over at home (thankfully shut) but it seems to have damaged the seal so it leaks a bit and this makes me really sad.
- When taking some blog photos for a post I’m doing on foundations I managed to smear a whole load of product all over my SLR which I’m struggling to get off the grip so it just has this beige look to it 🙁
- After walking so much on Saturday in Edinburgh the muscles at the tops of my legs seem to have seized up and I’m walking like an old person. I can’t even take a nice muscle soaking bath because of my new tattoo!
- My train was an hour delayed coming back from Edinburgh which was a bit of a pain, but upside is I can claim back 50% of my train ticket so you know silver lining.
Five Things I Want To Do Next Week
- Plan what me and my single friends are going to do for Valentines Day weekend. We know we want to be together but that’s all.
- See Deadpool. I have seen that some places are doing showings on Wednesday so hopefully I’ll catch it then, but if not definitely next weekend.
- Get my bedside table built. I have had this flat pack table sat in my living room for a few weeks now and I just need to get it built.
- Tidy my spare room/ office and get into the habit of actually using it to do work in. I am so bad and sit on the sofa with my laptop to do freelance work/ blogging etc even though I have a desk and a nice office. I think a quick tidy up and it should be useable again.
- Sort through all my photos from Edinburgh and get my blog post on my weekend away written and live.