Every time I write up one of these posts I can’t believe that yet another week has gone by. How are we half way through February already?! Also if you’re reading on the day this is published Happy Valentines/ Galentines day! It’s been another busy week like every other with a few London trips for gigs/ catch ups/ food and a viewing of another film in the Marvel Collection. Welcome to my week.
Five Things I Did This Week
- I saw Deadpool on Wednesday evening and it was such a great movie. I won’t go into it in too much detail as you can read more in my post here. But even if you’re not a massive Marvel geek it’s a great movie to watch.
- On Friday night I went to Brixton Academy to catch Bury Tomorrow play alongside Parkway Drive and the show was amazing. I caught up with some friends before the show and had dinner which was nice.
- I celebrated Chinese New Year with a great meal in Chinatown on Saturday and it was really good. I even pushed the boat out and tried some bits I don’t usually eat.
- Me and some friends discovered a new cocktail bar near Leicester Square called The Experimental Cocktail Bar where the cocktails were a bit odd including mushrooms, tomatoes, egg whites, tea and other things in them. It was an interesting place but probably not one I’d pop to again for drinks.
- Valentines Day started with a lovely brunch in Bill’s with one of my friends and a nice late morning catch up. Their scones are one of my favourite things.
Five Great Things To Happen
- Seeing as it was payday for me I ordered the Morphe Taupe Eyeshadow Palette which I have been lusting over for ages. I was so impressed when it got delivered later that week because the colours are so pretty.
- I had my delivery of Certaslim products which I will be trialling for two weeks to see how they aid my weight loss and I am super excited to give the products a try.
- I actually managed to schedule three posts for my blog. Now this may not seem like much but I always have loads of blogs written but I struggle with taking batches of photos, but this week I smashed a load out which meant I had less to do during the week *yay*
- I got my pass confirmed to go and see Sleeping with Sirens in Birmingham next month where I get to help my friend celebrate her birthday with cocktails and good music.
- I discovered an amazing new desert place in Piccadilly Circus which I need to go back to again. I had some of the most amazing chocolate cake I’ve had in ages there so I will definitely be going back.
Image above from one of my amazing photographers: Graham Berry
Five Things Which Sucked This Week
- For pretty much all of Monday my legs were super sore after so much walking over the weekend in Edinburgh and they were really uncomfortable.
- I set my alarm to go to the gym on Wednesday morning and I failed miserably at getting up in order to go. One day I will get my body clock on more normal level so I don’t struggle so much in the morning.
- As expected the guy I went on a date with last week never bothered to message me again. This seems like a running theme with me and dates and sometimes makes me wonder whether to bother any more. Clearly I’m super scary/ undesirable in person 🙁
- Good Charlotte and Against The Current played in London on Thursday while supporting All Time Low and I wasn’t there 🙁 ATC have a show coming up soon so here’s hoping Good Charlotte also announce one!
- I didn’t manage to have a lie in all weekend because I had to be up pretty early both days, I’m looking forward to next weekend when I can sleep in without setting an alarm.
Five Things I Want To Do Next Week
- Start my Certaslim diet. I was lucky enough to be sent two weeks worth of products for this fantastic new slimming tool so I am super excited to get started on this tomorrow.
- Try out the Vegcafe in Brixton before going to see my favourite band play in Brixton: Bring Me The Horizon.
- Do a big clean of my flat over the weekend. Other than an afternoon being hopeless at archery with my dad on Saturday I have a rare free weekend so I want to do a massive spring clean of my flat and do all the fun things like clean bathrooms and my oven.
- Have a bath. This may sound like an odd thing but I got a tattoo done recently so haven’t been able to indulge in a relaxing bath, but I am hoping by the weekend they should be heeled enough so that I can have one.
- Have lost at least 2-3lb at Slimming World this week. Because i’ll be following my Certaslim plan I am hoping to see some good results from it.