This week (like most others) have gone so quickly and I can not believe that I am writing this at the end of the weekend which means it’s now back to work time It’s been a pretty good week even though I only really had plans at the later end of the week.
Five Things I Did This Week
- I began my Certaslim diet on Monday where pretty much all of the food I ate was their products, and I was a bit worried about how the shakes and soups (made with water) would taste but a whole load of them were surprisingly tasty. I’ll be doing my first weeks’ weigh in on Monday so wish me luck!
- This week I managed to try out a Vegan restaurant in Brixton called Vegcafe which I’ve been meaning to go to for months and I was not disapppointed. Their mac and cheese was amazing so I’ll definitely be going back again soon.
- On Thursday I saw my favourite band in the world Bring Me The Horizon and it was an amazing experience. The venue was tiny compared to what I’m used to them now playing it and it was up there with one of the best times I’ve seen them. Plus they played my favourite song off the new album ‘Follow Me’ for the first time!
- Friday night I went to the Kerrang Tour and it was great seeing Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes and seeing Sum 41 was so much fun!
- On Saturday morning me and my dad went to play archery which was something that I had booked for us for Christmas and it was so much fun, and I got a lot better than I was last time. The day ended in going to my parents and having dinner which was nice as I haven’t been round properly since Christmas.
Five Great Things To Happen
- I was super productive with work and managed to get a whole bunch of articles commissioned and finished this week. More pennies to add to my never ending holiday funds.
- I caught up with a friend on Thursday evening and it was lovely to just chat and catch each other up on our lives. Usually when we see each other we’re in a big group so it was lovely to see her on her own.
- I had my pass confirmed to see Sleeping With Sirens in Birmingham at the beginning of March to help celebrate my friend’s birthday which should be great fun.
- I found out that I won a competition hosted through an awesome blogger in conjunction with Ernest Jones so I have some lovely jewellery winging it’s way to me
- I’ve been a lot better with my sleep and the nights I’ve not had gigs I’ve been in bed with the lights off by around 11.30pm- which for me is super early. I am slowly trying to train my body into a new routine.
Five Things Which Sucked This Week
- My new tattoo has been super itchy this week and it has taken a lot of self control to not scratch away at it all day.
- I hoped to have time to finish the first season of GRIMM which I seem to have been watching for months but I only managed one more episode this week.
- Because I had gigs both Thursday and Friday I got totally out of sync with email replying/ tidying up my kitchen/ living room and generally keeping my flat the way it should be.
- I had planned to do a lot on Sunday including catching up with things and tidying up but I ended up sleeping in until the afternoon which meant I got a little behind.
- I ended up booking my hotels for two Slamdunk shows in May and I probably should have booked them before Christmas as they were a little pricy.
Five Things I Want To Do Next Week
- Make a trip to the Oxford Street Lush store to treat myself to a few new goodies. Although I have a Lush store in Watford nothing beats the Oxford Street store and with a few trips into London next week I want to make a trip here.
- Finish watching Season 1 of GRIMM. For the life of me I can’t remember how many episodes I have left (that’s what Netflix is for!) but I want to finish it as I’m really enjoying it but I seem to have been watching it forever.
- Catch up with some friends next weekend. I have a reasonably free weekend which is pretty rare for me so I want to use the time to catch up with some friends, maybe go out for dinner or drinks or something similar.
- Lose some weight. I have my second week of the Certaslim diet so I am hoping that I can keep on track and lose weight this week.
- Update my portfolio. I am constantly doing freelance work but I keep forgetting the save the information of the article so that I can search for it when it goes live online. Every now and then I have to do quick catch ups and ensure that my portfolio is up to date with my articles.