Ultimate Travel Bucket List

walt disney mikey
Image Credit: Becky from Becky Bedbug

I know I bang on and on about travelling and how much I love getting away, so much so that a lot of you are probably fed up by now but I thought it was about time that I did an ultimate travel bucket list and talk about all the places that I want to go (pretty much every country that I’ve not yet been to it seems!)

Disneyworld Orlando- Florida

I guess it’s kind of cheating but I am going to begin with a trip which I know is going to happen in 2018 as it is beginning to be planned already. I am a full blown Disney fan having been brought up on a diet of chicken nuggets and Disney movies, but my family were never into theme parks or anything like that, and I didn’t make my first trip to the States until I was 17 so Disney was never really an option. In 2018 my best friend’s family are planning a massive 16 day trip covering ALL the Disney parks and everything else there is to do and I’m going along with them. We’re planning so far in advance because it’s going to be expensive and we’re going all out but I CAN NOT WAIT! One of the other great things about this trip is I do not have to plan anything as it’s all been sorted for me!

Image Credit: Anna at Anna International

India

In sixth form we were meant to be going on a religious studies trip to India but only me and my friends signed up for it and ever since then I’ve been dreaming of going. The Taj Mahal is one of the biggest reasons I want to go but I also really want to see how a country so completely different from our own lives. I’ve heard stories from friends who have been about how completely different it is and that’s one of the things I love about the idea of going. I’m not sure whether I would want to do a tour or travel the country myself but Sunshine Holidays have some good deals on flights.

Image Credit: Eileen from Crooked Flight

Romania

I was meant to be going to Romania for Easter but due to an injury my friend sustained we had to change our travel plans. But the idea was to fly into Bucharest for a few days, head down to Sibu to stay in an ice hotel and do all of their ice sports then head to Translyvania to see all of the things which inspired Bram Stocker’s Dracula including Bran castle and the graveyards. This is definitely a trip i’ll be looking to do at a later date. We originally found a trip online but it involved driving ourselves which I didn’t like the idea of so I’d plan this myself and travel my train.

Image Credit: Beth from Life As Mum

Thailand

While a lot of people have told me that Thailand is becoming very Westernized I think Thailand would be a great place to start my Asian travels. So far I have not been to the continent but have heard amazing things about Thailand from the Giant Buddha and walking down Khao San Road to the legendary Full Moon Party and jungle trekking across the islands. I am hoping to plan my first Asia trip for the end of 2017 and this is certainly where I’ll begin to look. Because I’ve never been to Asia before I think I’d be tempted to do an organised tour because I wouldn’t know where to go on my own, STA is who I am debating about going with but there are way too many tours to choose from.

Image Credit: Su from Soosie

Australia

An ultimate travel bucket list wouldn’t be complete without another continent that I’ve yet to go to. There’s just something about Australia which sucks me in and the thought of scuba diving at the great barrier reef, seeing the Sydney Opera House, skydiving there, shark cage diving and doing all those adrenaline pumping activities just gets me super excited. Another great thing is the fact that it’s about the only place that I can go to over my birthday which is warm aka January! This is certainly on the bucket list but I just don’t know when it will be possible as it would have to be a pretty big trip.

Image Credit: Victoria from Florence and Mary

Hawaii

For a lot of us Hawaii just seems like that ultimate destination full of sunshine and beaches and this is something I am hoping to do over next Easter with Trek America. I have found an amazing looking trip which covers so much across eight days that I am hoping I can justify the cost. It is a trip over the larger island and includes swimming with dolphins, scuba diving, visiting the black beaches, seeing an active volcano and the lava pools, seeing the native beach turtles, walking through national parks akin to rain-forests and so much more. It is an action packed adventure holiday and something that I feel I need to do. Here’s hoping I can make it a reality.

Image Credit: Joanne Norwood my awesome friend 🙂

St Petersburg and Moscow- Russia

Russia is again another trip that I missed out on during school *sad face* and I’ve only heard good things about the cities. I have this vision of going there in the light snow fall and wearing one of those flurry hats and exploring the churches, palaces, castles and cathedrals which cover the city. Of course St Basil’s Cathedral in Moscow is one of the most iconic images with it’s brightly coloured spires but there seems like there’s so much more to see as well.

Image Credit: Binny from Binny’s Kitchen

Africa for Safari

I haven’t quite got as far as working out where I’d like to go but I’ve always said for years and years (my parents can testify) that I want to go on a safari. I’d love to see animals out in their natural habitat and see them up close rather than inhumanly in a zoo. Alongside safari’s I’d love to go to both an elephant and a monkey sanctuary to spend time with animals because they absolutely fascinate me. One day I’ll make my dream a reality and do an African safari, especially as I’ve seen some awesome ones through Exodus who I travelled with to Morocco over New Year.

Image Credit: Ryazan from Two Monkeys Travel Group

The Philippines

A few of my close friends headed to The Philippines just before Christmas last year and it seemed like the dream trip with a mixture of relaxation and adventure. I would want to see the chocolate hills, scuba dive at Tubbataha Reef, scale Mayon Volcano and relax on the stretching beaches. I’ve been told that this is what Thailand used to be like before all the tourists which sounds like a great connection.

Image Credit: Ryazan from Two Monkeys Travel Group

Iceland

Now for one a little closer to home: Iceland. Obviously the dream would be to sleep out in a glass igloo/ bubble and see the Northern Lights but that’s never a definite. I’d also love to explore the city of Reykjavik and go off Whale spotting and relax in the hot springs after a long day walking. There seems like a lot you can do but at the same time it could be a nice 5 day trip so do-able with my limited holiday. It’s something I’ve been thinking about for New Year but just to find someone to go with.

What countries are on your ultimate travel bucket list?
February 23, 2016

• Reply Erin MacNeil

Oh! Lots of my own bucket list destinations are on your list: Iceland, Russia, Australia… ROMANIA! Haha! I'm actually planning a trip there myself right now, in late April! I was thinking basing myself in Bucharest and doing a bus trip to the Bran Castle and another castle, as well as a day trip to Constanta (because I like the water!). It's too bad that your trip had to be cancelled, but I'm sure you'll get there soon! Especially if you were already far along in the planning!

Erin

February 24, 2016 at 12:29 am
  • Reply fashion-mommy

I really want to get my little boy to Disneyland this year if possible. A great list, some fab destinations.

February 24, 2016 at 10:04 am
  • Reply Zoe Lester

Some lovely places there. I have lots of places I wish to go but mainly I would love to take my children to Disney Florida

February 24, 2016 at 2:40 pm
  • Reply Stressed Mum

We have been to Florida and loved it, the two main ones on our bucket list is Australia and Iceland, we also want to do a safari x

February 24, 2016 at 4:36 pm
  • Reply Emma White

Australia has to be my place to go it also helps my brother lives facing onto bondi beach I spent 3 amazing weeks 3 years ago and cant wait to go back

February 24, 2016 at 7:55 pm
  • Reply ana de jesus

Fantastic bucket list I would love to visit Thailand too and explore its breathtaking culture and witness the beauty of its beaches and walks.

February 24, 2016 at 11:04 pm
  • Reply Elizabeth

Norway is on my ultimate travel bucket list and I've already booked my ticket for the summer! I'd love to visit Iceland properly too. Only spent four hours there en route to Scotland from Canada years ago.

February 25, 2016 at 5:40 am
  • Reply Stella Olojola

Amazing countries you have got here. Heard a lot about Thailand.

February 25, 2016 at 8:09 am
  • Reply Sarah

Aww, really lovely plans! It's my dream to visit Australia and the experience of an African Safari. I've watched a few youtube videos of people on an African Safari and it looks AMAZING! I'd also love to go to an elephant sanctuary. Lovely post. xx

February 25, 2016 at 8:40 am
  • Reply Tori Gabriel

I've done quite a few of these and they are amazing! I visited Thailand in 2004 and I always thought it was the "most foreign" place I've been to. It saddens me that it's becoming Westernised.

I used to work at Walt Disney World in Florida so if you want any hints, tips or advice then I can happily talk Disney all day!

February 25, 2016 at 8:40 am
  • Reply Tori Gabriel

February 25, 2016 at 8:40 am
  • Reply Dannii @ Hungry Healthy Happy

We just got back from Iceland and it was incredible. We managed to see the northern lights too, so that made it even better.

February 25, 2016 at 10:04 am
  • Reply Anca

Lots of beautiful places, I would love to visit a few of them.

February 25, 2016 at 10:28 am
  • Reply beautyqueenuk

Iceland is my number one place I want to visit, I am fascinated by it x

February 25, 2016 at 11:13 am
  • Reply LilysLittleLearners

I think out of your list I would love Africa on Safari the most!

February 25, 2016 at 12:16 pm
  • Reply Angela - Garden Tea Cakes and Me

You have some fabulous destinations on your bucket list, I can recommend Japan which is an amazing country and culture. I would love to visit Hong Kong, maybe one day…

February 25, 2016 at 12:57 pm
  • Reply Hannah Dainty

I was just discussing this with my husband the other day, we are going to write a bucket list. I think we are such more likely to complete them if we look at them all the time and can tick them off. my main ones are Disney with our son and to stay in ice hotel!

February 25, 2016 at 4:55 pm
  • Reply Emily Underworld Music

I'd love to visit all of these places, especially Hawaii! I'm so jealous that you're going to Disney World!
    – Emily from http://www.emilyunderworld.co.uk

February 25, 2016 at 5:11 pm
  • Reply Kacie Morgan

India is on my bucket list and I'm hopefully going there later this year for a friend's wedding.

February 25, 2016 at 5:31 pm
  • Reply Jenny

Sounds like you've chosen some fantastic places to visit.

February 25, 2016 at 6:17 pm
  • Reply Tanya

A lot of the places you have on your list, I have on mine! Especially Hawaii. I need to travel more this year x

February 26, 2016 at 11:10 am
  • Reply Jennifer Durrans

Safari would be amazing!!!! I'm obsessed with elephants haha!! There are so many places to go to, I am definitely going to be travelling more this year!! It's my goal x

February 26, 2016 at 12:59 pm
  • Reply Laura Hartley

Disneyland Florida is high up on my list – age doesn't matter! I've been to Moscow and St Petersburg in winter when it's very snowy and they're both so so beautiful!

February 26, 2016 at 1:44 pm
  • Reply Rebecca Smith

Wow what a lovely list of places! I would quite like to visit them all too!

February 26, 2016 at 5:44 pm
  • Reply Amy-May Hunt

They'd easily make it on to my list too! I should write one of these up, just as a commitment to myself..

February 26, 2016 at 10:56 pm
  • Reply Rebecca Powell

New York, LA, Maldives, Mexico….. my list goes on and on haha!

Becca

http://www.QueenBeeBecca.com // http://www.HouseThatBloggersBuilt.co.uk

February 27, 2016 at 8:25 pm
  • Reply Gem

You're going to love Orlando, definitely a trip you need to do once 🙂 I went in 2000 but want to go back not there's a Wizarding world of Harry Potter x

February 27, 2016 at 10:00 pm
  • Reply Jazmin Williams

I've been to Disney World in Florida twice and you will LOVE it! I'm a huge Disnerd and it's literally the most magical place on earth! I've been bitten by the wanderlust bug and fancy going to Australia and Hawaii, too!

February 28, 2016 at 12:38 pm
  • Reply Sarah Barton

Iceland is definitely next on our list after our honeymoon in mexico! I'd love to go to disneyworld too x

February 28, 2016 at 12:40 pm
  • Reply Jessica Ayun

Wow! Thanks for including the philippines. Summer is coming so it would be crowded in top beaches there. I would love to include Safari and Iceland to my bucket list as well. 🙂

February 29, 2016 at 2:07 pm