Five Things – Week 07

alice in wonderland

This week has been a little more laid back than normal but the weekend saw a trip to Birmingham and lots of family time for Mothers’ Day which was lovely.

Five Things I Did This Week

• On Tuesday evening I had a good walk with my friend and we managed to clear our normal walk in a quicker time than we normally we do in which was great.
  • On Friday night my mum re-dyed my hair so finally I am a bright red head again. I have so missed it!
  • On Saturday I headed into Birmingham for cocktails (and lots of them) for my friends birthday and we then headed to see Sleeping with Sirens. I was feeling a little bit tender the next day (oops)
  • Sunday was Mothers’ Day and I had a lovely day with my family going out for a meal, having a few drinks and generally having a nice catch up and spoiling my mum rotten!
  • I booked tickets to see School of Rock when I am in New York because I had some money come through and I want to book as much as I can before I head over.

Five Great Things To Happen

• I watched the first movie on my March Cult Movie List which was Clerks. The film was funny in parts but other than that it wasn’t a great movie.
  • I found all the latest episodes of Season 9 of The Big Bang Theory so I am completely caught up and I am so excited to see what happens next.
  • As it was St Davids Day on Tuesday daffodils were everywhere and I love Daffodils. Currently my flat is full of pots of them and I hope they last for ages.
  • I had my passes confirmed for Against The Current later this month and I am so excited to finally get a chance to see them live after missing their headline show last year and their support slot with All Time Low last month.
  • Bring Me The Horizon got announced to play Glastonbury Festival and I am beyond ectastic. I had known about this for a few weeks but it seems to be properly out there now and it’s great that it’s a show I had tickets to before they got announced. Plus they’re headlining the other stage on Sunday evening so it will be the best way to end my festival.
tim burton pops

Five Things Which Sucked

• I was meant to be going out for food and catching up with a friend last Monday but sadly he had to work so we’ve had to reschedule.
  • Although it was nowhere near as bad as last week I did not stick to my spending ban and have made more orders. I think I genuinely need to see if I can even go one week without buying anything other than food.
  • Annoyingly I put on 2.5lbs at Slimming World this week and I know exactly why after some naughty meals out, oops. I am going to push myself to go back to basics again this week and lose at least the weight I have put on.
  • After a crazy week my flat is getting a little messy again which sucks as it means I’ll have to do a mass clean up again and I hate cleaning!
  • My nails are well overdue being re-done and my thumb nail has split slightly so I have to be so careful this week to make sure it doesn’t break.

Five Things I Need To Do Next Week

• Make it to the gym at least once in the morning because I’ve been so bad at getting up I just keep hitting the snooze button.
  • Be super good with my eating so that I lose weight at Slimming World this week. I’ll be back to basics and recording everything I eat so I can get back on track again.
  • Watch another movie from my to watch list, I am thinking it’s time I saw Pulp Fiction!
  • Get my April trip to Paris properly booked and planned.
  • Get my head stuck into the world of graphic novels and finish Civil War. I want to head to Forbidden Planet but I want to read what I’ve got so far so I know the direct of what I want to read.
What have you been up to this week?
March 6, 2016

• Reply Stella Olojola

Enjoyed reading this. I hope you have a better week.

March 6, 2016 at 9:45 pm
  • Reply Stressed Mum

Sounds like you had a busy week. I have had a stressful week with hospitals and schools,but had a lovely family day yesterday for Mothers day x

March 7, 2016 at 11:15 am
  • Reply Life-As-Mum

Sounds like a busy week. How lucky that youa re visiting New York! Have an amazing time!

March 7, 2016 at 12:55 pm
  • Reply Odd Socks and Lollipops

I do love Big Bang Theory though I haven't watched all of the episodes. I think I actually prefer the early seasons to the later ones, though they are still great!

March 7, 2016 at 4:28 pm
  • Reply Jessica McDonnell

This is such a lovely post and it really highlights how many things can actually happen in the space of a week. I hope you achieve your goals for next week 🙂

March 7, 2016 at 8:04 pm
  • Reply Rosana

I really need to get my lists done – such an inspiring post. R

March 7, 2016 at 10:09 pm
  • Reply georgina davies

I caught up with all the bog bang theories too! yay I am so super excited for the new season to begin! x

March 8, 2016 at 12:10 am
  • Reply Liz Mays

You're going to love Pulp Fiction. There was a bit of violence but the story and acting were fantastic. Good luck with the weight loss, and how fun you're headed to NYC!

March 8, 2016 at 4:29 am
  • Reply Nayna Kanabar

It looks like you had a fair balance of good and some not so good . It's great to be organised and pre plan, good idea making lists.

March 8, 2016 at 6:52 am
  • Reply Elizabeth Sellers

I'm the same with the gym! If I don't go in the morning I never end up going.

March 8, 2016 at 10:52 am
  • Reply Leoniiamber

ah school of rock will be awesome! and i hope you have remade plans with your friend!

March 8, 2016 at 12:36 pm
  • Reply Carly Markham

I love The Big Bang Theory! School of rock in NYC sounds amazing! I am going to start a zumba class this friday morning as I am rubbish with keeping up evening exercise!

March 8, 2016 at 1:43 pm
  • Reply Sarah

Cocktails in Birmingham sounds fab! And so does school of rock, which I'm sure will be amazing! Sounds like you've had a fairly good week, I hope you manage to reschedule with your friend soon 🙂 xx

March 8, 2016 at 3:51 pm
  • Reply Laura Hartley

Yes book that trip to Paris asap! 😀 I love it when I redye my hair – I feel all brand new again!

March 8, 2016 at 5:56 pm
  • Reply MsPretty LThings

Sorry that you gained weight but fab were all the other things you got up to?! Love me some cocktail nights even if it does lead to weight gain.

March 8, 2016 at 6:28 pm
  • Reply The London Mum

Ooooo a trip to Paris! How exciting. I love Paris. You can never have too much Paris! x

March 8, 2016 at 6:58 pm
  • Reply Jenny Kearney

I hope you enjoy Pulp Fiction, such a great soundtrack.

March 8, 2016 at 8:30 pm
  • Reply ana de jesus

Oh my god have you not watched Pulp Fiction? It is so good especially if you like Tarantino which I do he is a f***ing genius! Have fun in Birmingham where is it that you are from? x

March 8, 2016 at 9:08 pm
  • Reply Sarah-Louise Bailey

Wow what a week! I hope you manage to get everything you need to do done this week. Love your Pumpkin King pop 😉 x

March 9, 2016 at 1:19 am
  • Reply Roxie Ferguson

So many highlights this week. Can I be cheeky and ask what hair dye you use? I've been using Schwarzkopf Live XXL but I find that the red fades really fast.

Roxie | The Beautiful Bluebird

March 9, 2016 at 11:43 am
  • Reply Joanne Mallon

You've had a really cool week, I'm quite envious. My major achievement this week was that I was interviewed on the radio two days in a row, and I wore bright red lipstick both times which I'm sure makes a difference to the listeners!

March 9, 2016 at 11:47 am
  • Reply MUMMY'S LITTLE MONKEY (@Jax2000)

I have the exact same morning routine – set my alarm early so I can get up and attack the day…. then end up pushing snooze and running late instead… 😉 x

March 9, 2016 at 1:33 pm
  • Reply Jade @ Your Future Mixtape

Love this post idea, may have to take the idea on board with my blog, if you don't mind that is 🙂

March 9, 2016 at 2:35 pm
  • Reply beautyqueenuk

Blimey, how on earth do you find all the time to fit all of that in during a week? x

March 10, 2016 at 9:40 am
  • Reply Whitney Harries

Sounds like you had a great week! This is such a good idea for a post X

Whitney |

March 10, 2016 at 5:06 pm
  • Reply Emma Iannarilli

You have so many exciting things to look forward to when it comes to travel, you must be really excited about School of Rock.

March 11, 2016 at 12:03 am
  • Reply Angela Milnes

I like this post. It's always so interesting. Sorry you gained some weight. That sucks. Paris will be fabulous! I hope you enjoy it! Angela

March 11, 2016 at 12:19 am
  • Reply Hannah Dainty

I swear my house always seems messy! I will do all the housework and by the next morning it manages to look a tip! I have no idea how it keeps happening (she says whilst looking at her toddler and 2 dogs) LOL

March 11, 2016 at 8:26 am
  • Reply Emma White

I love red hair wish mine would do redder – I love daffodils too – I keep saying I am going to the gym but never have yet ha this year

March 13, 2016 at 8:18 pm
  • Reply Ickle Pickle

I love Big Bang Theory – Sheldon is a legend! I’m in Wales so loved St David’s Day and all the daffodils. Kaz x

March 18, 2016 at 2:52 pm