Sorry this post is a little late, with it being Easter weekend and me being away I couldn’t get this live on Sunday and my flight back got me into my flat around 1.30am on Monday night/ Tuesday morning before returning to work today (Tuesday) so there was no way I was staying up any later. I can’t believe the Easter weekend is already over and I want more bank holidays asap!
5 Things I Did This Week
- On Monday I finally got round to catching Against The Current who were playing at London’s Koko and it was such a great show. Chrissy has such a great voice and live it sounds just as strong and just as good as on record, something I think doesn’t always work with female singers.
- I bought my tickets for Warped Tour in Wantagh, New York for when I am over there. This has been on my bucket list of things to do for so long that I am so excited to be heading there this summer! Plus Good Charlotte are playing the tour I was so gutted I missed them last month that now I get a chance to see them before they come back to the UK!
- On Wednesday I headed to Reading to see Crossfaith play along with support from two of my favourite (yet underrated bands) The One Hundred and The Qemists. The show was absolutely amazing and I really want to do it all over again in London next week!
- On Thursday evening one of my school friends had his engagement party in Dirty Martini in Covent Garden and it was lovely to have a quick catch up although we didn’t get to see him much as there were loads of friends and family there. I definitely need to organise a proper catch up with him.
- Early Friday morning I headed to Malta and enjoyed four days relaxing, exploring and avoiding the rain and bad weather in England. I will have a whole post about my trip so I won’t bore you with too many details but the island is really pretty and there was more to do than I thought there would be.
5 Great Things To Happen
- There is a brand new Bella Italia opening in Watford and I was invited to their dry run before the actual restaurant opens so next Tuesday lunchtime I’m heading there for some free pasta and I’m pretty excited.
- I seem to have magically become a pro-packer and managed to pack my whole Malta trip items into hand luggage which is something I usually suck at.
- I finally bought some marble backdrop for blog images, I know everyone has marble but I love to change things around so as you can see from my prop images I have quite a bit of choice/ variation. I just loved the way everyone’s marble always looked
- On my trip I was finally able to relax and have a bit of me time. I had reasonable sleeps, read a whole book (almost finishing a second) and generally recharged which I definitely needed.
- Due to food being reasonably cheap in Malta and me not spending that much I have quite a few euros left over to take to Paris with me which is great news.
5 Things Which Sucked
- I had so much stress trying to book my Warped Tour tickets that I wanted to throw my phone/ laptop/ Ipad against a wall. Stupid Live Nation did not want to make my life easy.
- This week has just been the craziest week and I have really not got enough sleep, on Wednesday night I was up until 1am editing live music images for management and the rest of the week I’ve just not had time to catch up with my TV shows, have a bath or tidy my flat. I need to take a bit of me time next week.
- Due to the sunshine in Malta and my fair skin I got pretty red arms and I also think I burnt my head as it was super super sore when I brushed it through on Tues morning. Ouch!
- On the day that we decided to head to a little island lagoon in Malta I chose to wear dolly shoes which was a bad choice as we did quite a bit of walking, climbing rocks and exploring. Sadly the shoes did not make it back in one piece as they were ruined from the rocky climbs.
- Since coming back from Malta I seem to have a pretty bad cold and it’s now making my nose really sore I assume it’s to do with coming from really warm weather to pretty cold weather. I don’t tend to get ill from colds but a runny nose is not nice!
5 Things I Need To Do Next Week
- Pack for my trip to Whitby next weekend. I also need to look into times and places to go with my friend as her final trip before she moves back to Germany
- Get back into some sort of normal sleeping pattern. I began this year so good getting into bed by 11pm so I could fall asleep before midnight but recently with never ending to-do lists this has got a bit out of control again.
- Watch Labyrinth. I totally failed at watching this last week because I just had so much going on so I need to watch it next week.
- Finish a large freelance project that I took on last week so that I can finalise payment and everything before the end of the tax year.
- Have a general clean of my flat to get my world back to normality after a busy few weeks.