You’re Never Too Old To Be Obsessed With Disney

You’re Never Too Old To Be Obsessed With Disney

As a child I was brought up on Disney movies, when some kids were sat down to watch Playdays and Sesame Street I was sat down with The Jungle Book and Aladdin. A lot of people get to being a teenager and just think they’re too cool for Disney movies and never really get back into them as an adult. Sure you might have fond memories of them but that’s it. Fortunately I never grew out of them and I am happy to admit that I am a slight Disney obsessive.

I know looking back a lot of Disney movies don’t always have the best morals, Ariel gave up her voice just to be able to meet the man she had fallen in love with and Aladdin lied just to meet a girl he loved. But despite these small underlying issues I have such a soft spot for Disney as a franchise, even more so that they now own Marvel and a huge chunk of the movies I go to the cinema to see.

I have been dying to go to Disneyworld in Orlando for years as I didn’t go as a kid. My family weren’t into rides and things and preferred holidays sunbathing than doing things which suited me at the time but now I’m ready. I’m lucky enough to be going with my friend and her family in 2018 but that’s a long way away (although it needs to be to have enough time to save!)

While as an adult we might be able to see past the initial magic of the Disney movies we grew up with and see some flaws within them they still make me happy and remind me of my childhood. Plus I can probably quote a lot of them near enough word for word.

I’ve been thinking of my top choices and for animated films it would have to be:
1. Aladdin
2. The Little Mermaid
3. Toy Story
4. Alice in Wonderland
5. The Jungle Book
6. Lion King
7. Finding Nemo
8. The Aristocats
9. Lady and The Tramp
10. Up/ Inside Out/ Frozen (I literally could not pick between these three for the final spot)

Because who doesn’t love dancing around to Disney music make sure you whack this playlist up to the max!

What are your favourite Disney movies?

1. March 22, 2016 / 2:49 pm

I have to admit I still do love Disney – there is nothing like snuggling down and drifting off to happy land. x

2. March 22, 2016 / 9:58 pm

I love Disney films, I don;t think you can ever be too old for them x

3. Melanie Edjourian
    March 22, 2016 / 10:44 pm

I’m in my very late 30’s and I still love Disney!

4. March 23, 2016 / 9:46 am

I used to love Disney, my favourites were always The Little Mermaid and Pocahontas. I had a Pocahontas Barbie and Polly Pockets and everything! XD

5. Reclusive Fox
    March 23, 2016 / 2:53 pm

Love Disney movies, picking one is very hard though. I do love The Lion King (once you get passed the Mufasa scene at least, sob!). I have to admit I probably prefer Pixar now.

6. Bex Smith
    March 23, 2016 / 9:18 pm

I love Disney. My favourite is Beauty and The Beast

7. March 24, 2016 / 3:51 am

I love the films you mentioned so much. But I can’t believe I haven’t seen any of the three listed on your #10 spot.

8. March 24, 2016 / 8:19 am

I love Disney and I want to rewatch all my Disney faves now, you are never too old!

9. Louise
    March 24, 2016 / 8:35 am

I love Disney movies and my favourite would have to be Hercules but I also loved films like Ferngully and Thumbelina!

10. March 24, 2016 / 10:19 am

You’re right! I’m dying to go to Disneyland too. That’s what’s so great about Disney – it appeals to all of the family 🙂

11. Nayna Kanabar
    March 24, 2016 / 5:00 pm

You are absolutely right you are never too old for disney.I could easily sit through a disney film marathon any day.

12. Natasha Mairs
    March 24, 2016 / 5:49 pm

I love Disney films!! My first two I had when I was little were Lion King and Aladdin. Got them for Christmas when I was about 8 and used to watch them every day!! I have just watch the new Disney film The Good Dinosaur and really loved that

13. Elizabeth
    March 25, 2016 / 6:53 am

As a nearly 40 year old I am still in love with Disney. I often sing along to the kids CDs in the car too! 😀

14. March 29, 2016 / 9:46 am

I love Disney but my favourites are the films with actors rather than cartoons, babes in toyland is my number 1 film.

15. Little Steps
    March 29, 2016 / 10:06 am

I don’t think I’ll ever tire of Disney either and really enjoyed “Up”. It’s great that we also enjoy it especially since we have a little girl. Wouldn’t it be awful to be stuck in the cinema watching Disney movies if one didn’t like it either? I shudder at the thought 😉 x

16. The Son And The Moon
    March 29, 2016 / 5:39 pm

The Lion King all the way for me. I have found a new appreciation for all the amazing disney music now I have become a Mum. Some a the lyrics are amazing! I love the jazz in Arisocats 🙂

17. Harriet @ Toby&Roo
    March 29, 2016 / 6:46 pm

SO TRUE!!! I can’t even tell you which one I love the most, I love them all. At the moment we’re into The Good Dinosaur, Brave, Beauty and the Beast, Tangled and Inside Out. There are seriously too many to list! H x

18. Newcastle Family Life
    March 29, 2016 / 7:14 pm

I am in my 30s and I still love Disney, the Little Mermaide is my all time favourite film from being a kid. I love Disney world I was lucky enough to go as a child and I have taken my own children to euro disney I can’t wait to be able to take them to Florida, you will have the best time xx

19. March 29, 2016 / 7:34 pm

Some of my more recent Disney favs have to be Up, Tangled and Wall-E… still haven’t seen Frozen. I don’t really intend to tbh. I feel it’s way too over-hyped. :/

Oliver • http://suedeandsymphony.com

20. March 29, 2016 / 10:15 pm

I’ve never really been much of a Disney fan, though I like a few. My eldest toddler is Disney obsessed. Fortunately, Tangled is one of her favourites, which I do like. She currently quite likes Brave too, which I also quite like.

21. Tori Gabriel
    March 30, 2016 / 7:25 pm

I’m a huge Disney fan. So big in fact that when I grew up I continued my obsession by working for Disney in Florida. My favourite Disney film has to be The Little Mermaid.

22. March 30, 2016 / 9:06 pm

I think we are of the same vintage because they would be my favourite Disney movies too. Although I did watch Playdays when I was a kid and loved it too! The Jungle Book brings back really fond memories for me – we had it on tape and played it over and over again. I’ve been to Disneyland twice in Paris, but I think Orlando is where it’s at. Hopefully I’ll get to bring my family someday x

23. Hannah Malanga
    March 30, 2016 / 10:26 pm

I Love Disney! I collect the dvd’s and have loads of the enesco statues, they are so beautiful! I am dying to take my son to Disneyland. Definitely never too old. The only one I haven’t seen is inside out but its on my list