The Best Ways To Spend A Lazy Day

I’m going to stand up now and say lazy days for me do not come around often, I’m lucky if I get one every 3-4 months in all honesty. This is mostly due to my own organisation and I love doing things, going out and being active. But when I do have a lazy day I know exactly how I like to spend it.

Have a lie in

Going back to when I was at uni/ freshly graduated I would have a lie in until the afternoon and probably struggle to sleep the next night due to an overload of sleep. Nowadays I do like to have a lie in but I don’t like feeling that I have wasted my day so a 9-10am wake up time is perfect. It’s a few hours more than I get when I’m working but I still have plenty of time.

Cook a great breakfast

I don’t eat proper breakfasts when I am going to work, I’m lucky if I get a bowl of cereal, so at weekends when I am free I love making proper breakfasts. This could be a massive four egg omelette, a batch of pancakes or waffles made from my Deliciously Ella book or a proper full blown breakfast (veggie sausages/ spaghetti/ toast/ potatoes/ anything else I can find hanging around). Despite not eating it often I do properly love breakfast.

Have a pampering session

I love nothing more than to slap on a face mask, light some candles, get into a Lush filled bubble bath and sit back and pamper myself. I have a quick skincare routine but a lazy day means I can put on a hair treatment while laying in the bath, have a full body exfoliation and do all those things which I don’t generally get time to do more regularly. At the moment I am using: Tony Moly Facemasks/ Lush Facemask on my skin. Lush hair treatment on my hair. Soap and Glory’s exfoliation scrub on my body.

books

Read

I love to read and on a relaxing day I love nothing more than to spend an hour or two immersed in a book. I am quite protective of my books so while in the bath I only read magazines for fear of getting them wet so I like to relax on the sofa or lay on my bed and read as much as I can. This is especially good if I have a book which I started weeks ago and just haven’t had the time to finish as I feel a sense of accomplishment by the end.

Clear out my inbox

If I do have a rare relaxation day I try not to do work (freelance/ music/ blogging) because I want a little me time but I do love clearing out my inboxes for both my personal emails and my hit the floor related emails. Doing this means I set more into things I need to do for the week ahead, leads to loads of replying to things which just slipped my mind and leaves my colour coded inbox ready and clear(ish) for the week ahead.

Have a massive dinner

When I have a relaxing day I tend to have a big breakfast but by the time I cook it it’s basically brunch and throughout the afternoon I tend to snack quite a lot. Relaxation days are generally not diet days so a massive dinner is a must. If I am feeling really naughty I like to make a massive pizza order (I’m talking all the sides and a desert), but if I don’t want to be as naughty I’ll cook myself a feast of things from my fridge/ freezer/ cupboard depending on if I’ve been shopping.

April 23, 2016

• Reply Oliver

You have just the right ideas! A lie in and a good breakfast are the must-dos for me on a lazy day… usually on Sunday!

Oliver • http://suedeandsymphony.com

April 23, 2016 at 10:09 pm
  • Reply Rosana McPhee

I love lazy days! But then who doesn’t? A lie is my idea of heaven…

April 24, 2016 at 10:13 pm
  • Reply Anosa

If I am not traveling or meeting up with friends I use my weekends as lazy days and do the majority of what you mentioned

April 25, 2016 at 4:30 am
  • Reply Cathy Glynn

This sounds a lovely list. I love to pamper myself and have a lazy day sometimes, it’s the ideal tonic.

April 25, 2016 at 6:59 am
  • Reply Melanie Edjourian

I love to have a proper breakfast, I don’t get to eat a big one either at the moment so it’s nice to indulge sometimes.

April 25, 2016 at 8:05 am
  • Reply Beautyqueenuk

I love a good lie in and then a pamper session for sure, all the while reading a book x

April 25, 2016 at 8:59 am
  • Reply Hungry_Healthy_Happy

This sounds like my ideal lazy day. Apart from clearing out my inbox, as that sounds too much like my work day haha.

April 25, 2016 at 9:01 am
  • Reply PrettyLusciousThings

These are all things I love – there is nothing like a lazy day especially if you have a great box set to watch and binge on.

April 25, 2016 at 9:23 am
  • Reply Beth

Ah I so wish I could do most of those today! I am having a lazy day today but I am catching up on blog work – as well as looking after my youngest and both kids after 3pm! xx

April 25, 2016 at 9:37 am
  • Reply Tori Gabriel

Ah a lazy day. I think it’ll be another sixteen years before I get one of these again. Yours does sound rather perfect though.

April 25, 2016 at 11:56 am
  • Reply Leanne Dolan

I usually have a mass Youtube catch up session when I have a chilled day! Rather than pick and choose which videos from my subbox to watch I just go through them all one after the other! x

April 25, 2016 at 1:52 pm
  • Reply Becca @ Amuse Your Bouche

This sounds like the perfect day! I do love a lie in but these days I find it a treat even just to sleep in til half 8 😉

April 25, 2016 at 1:55 pm
  • Reply Sarah Bailey

I really need to try and have a pamper session and unwind sometime I think. x

April 25, 2016 at 2:17 pm
  • Reply Harriet @ Toby&Roo

I miss doing this all the time – it’s not so easy now we have kids. I get a lie in on a sat/sun because I’m always up and down with the baby through the night and hubs works during the week but gets a bit of a lie in on tues/wed. We usually have a good brekkie on a sunday morning and then chill out at home and play or I read and relax. Not as much as I used to but at least a bit! If not, it’s a day out full throttle! H x

April 25, 2016 at 3:26 pm
  • Reply Ana De Jesus

I do not know what this ‘lazy’ day is that you speak of haha what is the meaning of a lie in? Is it a mythical creature? Lol.

April 25, 2016 at 8:09 pm
    • Reply Rhian Westbury

Sometimes I think it is. I haven’t met the mythical creature in a long time! x

April 26, 2016 at 8:14 am
  • Reply Elizabeth

Some great ideas here, now, to find the time to have a lazy day…. .and I would love a lie in. I was up at 4:30 again this morning. I think it’s old age…. 😀

April 26, 2016 at 5:00 am
  • Reply Stella Kashmoney

Lovely ways to relax here. I love a lie in day x

April 26, 2016 at 6:40 am
  • Reply Secretplussizegoddess

I love most of these ideas, and can usually be found combining them! have a lie in, then run the bath, pamper myself whilst reading my book! BLISS!!

April 26, 2016 at 11:26 am
  • Reply Liz Mays

Having a pampering session and reading a book sounds pretty perfect to me. Any time I can get a lie in is wonderful too!

April 26, 2016 at 11:44 am
  • Reply Laura Hartley

Glad to see those Jojo Moyes titles there! Me Before you is one of my favourite books 🙂

April 26, 2016 at 4:06 pm
  • Reply Culinary Travels

What a fabulous way to have a pampering session. Having some ‘metime’ is vital isn’t it to allow you to recharge and relax.

April 26, 2016 at 5:38 pm
  • Reply sarah Lea

I SO need to try the lush unicorn! It looks amazing. A nice bath and reading really helps me to relax! I’ve lacked ‘Me’ time lately. I NEED a good lie in! Great post xx

April 27, 2016 at 8:07 am
  • Reply The London Mum

Sounds lie my perfect lazy day full of all the things I love too!

April 27, 2016 at 10:27 am
  • Reply Jo Smith

A lie in. Ohhh to have a lie in!! I’m defo with you on the brekky and dinner thing though!!

April 27, 2016 at 7:38 pm
  • Reply Rachael Phillips

i love a good lazy day, sunday’s are my relaxing day, i like to just lie there and do nothing – although it doesn’t happen very often ha!

April 28, 2016 at 8:47 am
  • Reply Candace

I love lazy days too but sadly like you I don’t get them too often. I love having a lie in then baking something lovely to sit, relax and enjoy

May 10, 2016 at 7:35 pm