Another reasonably busy week and it’s felt like I have barely been at home much so much so that I left mine at 6.30am on Saturday and didn’t return until 10.30pm Sunday. I definitely think that I need some relaxation time sometime soon! This week I travelled up to Whitby in Yorkshire to spend a lovely weekend with a friend before she moves away. Here’s what else I’ve been up to.
5 Things I Did This Week
- Tuesday was my first day back to work after my holiday but to make it better I had not one but two meals out (Lunch and Dinner, not a double dinner!) at Bella Italia. They were doing dry runs before they opened so all of the food was free and I managed to have a nice catch up with my friend before she goes on holiday.
- On Thursday, me and my mum had a little shopping trip around Watford searching for birthday gifts for my dads’ birthday next week. It was a nice time to catch up and I picked up a few bits for myself as well as presents.
- Friday I headed into London to see Knuckle Puck, Seaway and Boston Manor play at London’s Underworld and it was such a great night of feel good pop-punk music.
- On Saturday me and my friend went up to Whitby in Yorkshire and had a lovely day exploring the Whitby Abbey ruins, wondering around graveyards and going on a ghost walk. It was such a lovely evening away.
- On Sunday I went to the Milton Keynes Imax to see Batman vs Superman with my friend. Without giving too much away it was a good movie but I think a little too much happened within it and it was just a bit too much.
5 Great Things To Happen
- Kiko had a great offer going on which was buy 3, get 3 free and I took advantage of the offer and picked up 6 items for just £22. I could have easily spent more but I limited myself to one use of the offer and actually stuck to it for once.
- The Moz update happened a few days earlier than planned and my blog DA increased from 23 to 26. This isn’t a massive jump but I am so happy to be over the allusive 25 which a lot of brands seem to want. It was also lovely as well to see so many well deserving bloggers have increased scores as well.
- I’ve ordered some brand new storage for my makeup to house in my ensuite bathroom and I’m so excited for them to arrive so I can finally have an organised collection looking how I want it to.
- I booked my Slamdunk travel for the end of next month to head to both Leeds and Birmingham legs of the festival and it’s made me even more excited for the shows.
- I checked me and my friend in for our flights to Paris in about 10 days time and it’s made me super excited for our little trip away!
5 Things Which Sucked
- Due to coming from super hot to super cold temperatures this week I have had a really bad cold and it’s left my poor nose really sore.
- I got a cold sore and I absolutely hate them, they’re such an annoyance and I’ve not really been able to wear lipstick all week because I don’t want to spread it
- I put on 2 pounds at slimming world, I expected this as I had missed a week and been on holiday etc but it was a pain. I need to push myself to be really good again and maybe do some food diaries again.
- Sadly between weigh in on Thursday and now I have been so bad with my diet due to not being at home much and relying on eating out. I have so little self control when it comes to food
- Our drive up to Whitby on Saturday took us 7 and a half hours due to a one junction closure on the M1 and the diversion being at a complete standstill. I am glad I suggested we left so early otherwise we wouldn’t have had time to do much.
5 Things To Do Next Week
- Not freak out on Monday at my first ever blogger event. I’m going to the Bloggers Hangout afternoon tea party in the evening and I’m pretty nervous as I’ve never been to an event before.
- Watch Labyrinth, I have failed at this for two weeks now and I need to change this. I have the DVD sat in my room and I need to create an evening where I relax in bed and watch a movie.
- Go and look at carpets next weekend. I have lived in my flat for three and a half years and have always hated the creamy coloured carpets in my room and my spare room/ office and finally I have the money to be able to get it replaced. It’s sad how excited I am to look at carpet.
- Finish updating the alt-text on all of my images which were transferred over from my Blogger blog. This is about the only outstanding thing to do since my move over.
- Do a batch load of photos so I can schedule in advance all of my weeks posts.