Compared to previous weeks this one has been a bit more relaxed and I haven’t travelled anywhere this week (that’s saved for next weeks’ four day trip to Paris!) and I haven’t been out here there and everywhere. It waa my dads’ birthday this week so I got to spend a nice evening with my family, and I did my first obstacle course run of the year on Sunday which was my first ever 10km so I’m just waiting for more bruises to manifest themselves.
5 Things I Did This Week
- On Tuesday I headed to see my nan as she had just got out of hospital and it was so nice seeing her in her own environment and not laying in hospital looking like she is in pain. I’ve always been really close with my nan so I hate to see her in pain or discomfort.
- On Wednesday myself and my friend had a meeting to discuss our Paris plans for nex week to ensure that we get to do everything which is on both of our to-do lists. Fortunately as we have four days there we have plenty of time to do everything we want to without feeling rushed.
- On Friday night I went out for a meal with my family to celebrate my dads’ birthday and we had a trip to Zizzi.
- On Saturday I went to have a look at carpets as I am looking at re-carpeting my bedroom and the spare room in my flat. I didn’t realise how expensive carpets could be and it made me feel like a proper adult.
- On Sunday I completed my first 10km obstacle course run which was Rough Runner. It was incredibly tough (especially as I cut my knee during it) but it was a great experience, some awesome obstacles and a great feeling on finishing.
5 Great Things To Happen
- I caught up with all of the latest episodes of New Girl and Big Bang Theory and I am loving both new seasons. It makes me so happy that Jess is back in New Girl after quite a few episodes of her being away!
- I have finally seen Labyrinth *hooray* Those of you who have been reading this series will know it’s been on my to-do list for absolute ages and I’m so glad I’ve seen it as it’s a really good movie.
- My brand new Halsey Mac lipstick has arrived and it’s a beautiful grey colour, something I’ve never tried before. Annoyingly though my cold sore has still been hanging around so I haven’t been able to try it out yet *cries*
- I actually managed to get my butt out of bed and do a gym session before work on Friday *hooray* I don’t done a morning session in ages and it actually made me feel great and I had plenty of time to not rush getting ready for work too!
- I booked my New York Yankees game tickets for my final night in New York. I am going with my friend who happens to be out there at the same time and I am super excited to see some proper American sports. I also booked some other bits for my trip including my 9/11 memorial tour, my star wars exhibition tickets and my sunset trip to the top of the rock. Each week I get more and more excited for my trip.
5 Things Which Sucked
- On Monday I was quite ill which meant that I missed the Bloggers Hangout Afternoon Tea event and I am absolutely gutted. It was set to be my first ever event and I was going to meet so many lovely people
- I totally got my whole week mixed up and thought I was going out for a meal with my friends on Tuesday but I wasn’t. It was probably a good thing as I had time to catch up and relax but it’s really confused me.
- I ordered some more acrylic storage to get my make-up even more organised but one of the items turned up cracked which means I have to either wait for a new one to arrive or re-order. I was really hoping to spend a few hours having a sort out of my things.
- During my obstacle course run I somehow managed to cut my knee and although it ended up not being anything serious it did hurt for a bit of the race and it scared me seeing blood dripping down but not being able to see it as I had compression leggings on.
- During my run I managed to snap off a nail and while this doesn’t sound like a big deal I wear permanent pink and white gel nails so it’s a bit more severe. I need to push to get my nails re-done asap.
5 Things To Do Next Week
- Finish packing for Paris as I leave on Thursday morning.
- Book our taxi to take us to the airport on Thursday morning. We have to be at the airport at 4am so it’s going to be a super early start!
- Pre-plan some blog posts and schedule them up for the few days after I get back from my trip so I don’t have to worry too much when I get back.
- Relax a bit after being super sore and achy from my obstacle course run.
- Finish reading my next comic: Winter Soldier.