This week saw my latest out of country escape, this time to Paris where I spent four days with my friend exploring the city, eating macaroons and walking more in four days than I usually do in a week and a half (crazy!) The rest of the week before this was pretty peaceful as I packed and waited for my early morning alarm call.
Five Things I Did This Week
- I recovered from my Rough Runner event (pretty much) and didn’t even attempt to go to the gym until Wednesday afternoon as I was sore and achy but by then I had just about recovered (other than the bruises).
- On Monday I had my patch test for a batch of Soprano laser treatment and Tuesday was my first treatment. After 3 sessions of IPL on my underarms, I decided to carry on with this area and add in my full bikini. It’s an odd feeling exposing yourself in front of someone but I was so happy that the treatment didn’t hurt at all.
- I got to have a great catch up with my friend who came with my to Paris across Wednesday evening and our four days in the capital which was great.
- On Thursday evening, I caught Don Broco and Bring Me The Horizon in Paris and it was such a great show because the crowd really got into the show and it really showcased that language isn’t a barrier when it comes to music.
- I had my four days in Paris and it was such a wonderful trip full of exploration and macaroons- expect a full post soon.
Five Great Things To Happen
- I picked up my final piece of acrylic makeup storage from Muji (which the team kindly put aside as I can never find it instore) to complete my massive rejig of my storage. Expect to see a post about it very soon once it’s organised.
- Across the four days I was in Paris I walked over 20,000 steps a day and on two days we achieved 30,000 so I know that I got a lot of exercise in across the trip.
- For my birthday earlier this year my friend bought me a time out card and I finally got around to sorting it out and it arrived so I can now keep a eye open for deals with it.
- Easyjet announced a batch of new flights for the end of the year which were really good prices so I booked a weekend in Geneva with some friends in December to explore the Christmas markets and have a nice weekend.
- There were multiple Sephora’s in Paris and I managed to buy myself a few treats and things which I am excited to try out.
Five Things Which Sucked
- Since my obstacle run on Sunday, I have developed even more bruises and the one on my left knee is seriously impressive. It’s still a deep purple/ blue and covers my entire knee. Eek
- Because of my trip away, I had to miss Slimming World this week which means I am a week behind. Hopefully this will be a positive though and give me more time to push for a loss.
- I pretty much had no sleep on Wednesday night as my alarm went off at 2.30am to get ready to head to the airport. Because I was going on holiday this shouldn’t really have been a negative but I bloody love sleep and getting up not much later than I usually fall asleep is horrendous.
- This week was the week that my friend moved back to Germany and although I know that it’s going to be great for her I am going to miss her loads.
- While I was away the handle on my suitcase broke which means that it doesn’t pull the whole way up. It made moving it around pretty tricky.
Five Things To Do Next Week
- I think it’s about time for another cult movie to be watched and Fight Club is next on my agenda. I have the DVD watching in my room so that is on the hit list this week.
- Get my nails fixed. It’s been over a week since I lost a gel nail at Rough Runner and I really need to get them fixed as it isn’t looking good.
- See my friend and have a proper catch up now she’s back from her holiday in Vietnam and Cambodia which I am insanely jealous of.
- Make my own bath bombs. I found some guides online on how to create some yourself and I am intrigued to see whether I can make some creations of my own to try out in a relaxing bath. Wish me luck!
- Get my dad round to my flat to pop some bits and pieces up on my wall. Due to my flat being a new build I have to be super careful with putting things up due to pipes and things.