This week saw my latest out of country escape, this time to Paris where I spent four days with my friend exploring the city, eating macaroons and walking more in four days than I usually do in a week and a half (crazy!) The rest of the week before this was pretty peaceful as I packed and waited for my early morning alarm call.
5 Things I Did This Week
- I recovered from my Rough Runner event (pretty much) and didn’t even attempt to go to the gym until Wednesday afternoon as I was sore and achy but by then I had just about recovered (other than the bruises).
- On Monday I had my patch test for a batch of Soprano laser treatment and Tuesday was my first treatment. After 3 sessions of IPL on my underarms, I decided to carry on with this area and add in my full bikini. It’s an odd feeling exposing yourself in front of someone but I was so happy that the treatment didn’t hurt at all.
- I got to have a great catch up with my friend who came with my to Paris across Wednesday evening and our four days in the capital which was great.
- On Thursday evening, I caught Don Broco and Bring Me The Horizon in Paris and it was such a great show because the crowd really got into the show and it really showcased that language isn’t a barrier when it comes to music.
- I had my four days in Paris and it was such a wonderful trip full of exploration and macaroons- expect a full post soon.
5 Great Things To Happen
- I picked up my final piece of acrylic makeup storage from Muji (which the team kindly put aside as I can never find it instore) to complete my massive rejig of my storage. Expect to see a post about it very soon once it’s organised.
- Across the four days I was in Paris I walked over 20,000 steps a day and on two days we achieved 30,000 so I know that I got a lot of exercise in across the trip.
- For my birthday earlier this year my friend bought me a time out card and I finally got around to sorting it out and it arrived so I can now keep a eye open for deals with it.
- Easyjet announced a batch of new flights for the end of the year which were really good prices so I booked a weekend in Geneva with some friends in December to explore the Christmas markets and have a nice weekend.
- There were multiple Sephora’s in Paris and I managed to buy myself a few treats and things which I am excited to try out.
5 Things Which Sucked
- Since my obstacle run on Sunday, I have developed even more bruises and the one on my left knee is seriously impressive. It’s still a deep purple/ blue and covers my entire knee. Eek
- Because of my trip away, I had to miss Slimming World this week which means I am a week behind. Hopefully this will be a positive though and give me more time to push for a loss.
- I pretty much had no sleep on Wednesday night as my alarm went off at 2.30am to get ready to head to the airport. Because I was going on holiday this shouldn’t really have been a negative but I bloody love sleep and getting up not much later than I usually fall asleep is horrendous.
- This week was the week that my friend moved back to Germany and although I know that it’s going to be great for her I am going to miss her loads.
- While I was away the handle on my suitcase broke which means that it doesn’t pull the whole way up. It made moving it around pretty tricky.
5 Things To Do Next Week
- I think it’s about time for another cult movie to be watched and Fight Club is next on my agenda. I have the DVD watching in my room so that is on the hit list this week.
- Get my nails fixed. It’s been over a week since I lost a gel nail at Rough Runner and I really need to get them fixed as it isn’t looking good.
- See my friend and have a proper catch up now she’s back from her holiday in Vietnam and Cambodia which I am insanely jealous of.
- Make my own bath bombs. I found some guides online on how to create some yourself and I am intrigued to see whether I can make some creations of my own to try out in a relaxing bath. Wish me luck!
- Get my dad round to my flat to pop some bits and pieces up on my wall. Due to my flat being a new build I have to be super careful with putting things up due to pipes and things.