Most weeks I struggle to find enough things to warrant putting in the ‘things I did’ or ‘great things to happen’ bits but for some reason this week has just been my week and it’s been bloody fantastic. The first week has been one of the best I’ve had for ages partially in fact that I’ve caught up with so many friends across the week, made so many plans and just tried to be overly positive, and it seems to be working.
5 Things I Did This Week
- On Monday evening, I enjoyed the sunshine which we have started to be getting and did a nice 3-mile walk with my friend through our local park. I am so excited for the lighter warmer evenings as I am hoping it encourages me to get active more.
- On Tuesday evening, I had a lovely catch up meal with my friends from school. I am super lucky that the eight of us from secondary school still see each other fairly regularly. Tuesday night was made even better by a massive Lebanese buffet that we had.
- On Friday night I went to the Royal Albert Hall to see Bring Me The Horizon and it was such a sensational because the performance was with the philharmonic orchestra and a choir. It was such a beautiful emotional night.
- On Saturday evening I went to Camden to catch Counterfeit who are the punk band who include Jamie Campbell Bower who was in both Sweeney Todd and Twilight. We chilled out with the band to do an interview and caught their show which was incredible.
- On Sunday evening we went to The Comedy Store for my friends birthday for an improv night and it was such a fun night. It made me realise how much I love comedy shows.
5 6 Great Things To Happen
- I signed up to an Alice in Wonderland inspired virtual race where you upload walks or runs to complete a marathon. The virtual race can be completed over any time span and it’s done virtually on a route in Oxford which shows you characters as you head round. I am so excited to complete it so I can get my shiny Alice in Wonderland medal.
- I finally had the last delivery of my acrylic makeup storage arrive and I am so happy with the way that my collection looks. Everything is far neater and easier to access and I have where possible grouped together products. Keep your eyes peeled on a post about this soon (below is a before shot).
- On Thursday, I had my gel nails taken off and it was a lot better process than I thought. I’ve been getting gels taken on and off constantly for the past 7 years *oops* and finally decided it was time for a break and to let my nails recover. Fortunately my nails aren’t quite as thin as I thought and it didn’t hurt to buff and sort them *phew*
- Somehow I managed to lose 2 and a half pounds at Slimming World. I am so happy because I didn’t go last week and then I was in Paris and I was scared I would have put on but I didn’t *happy dance*
- I had an amazing catch up with my friend on Thursday evening after she disappeared for three weeks to Vietnam and Cambodia for a holiday. It was so nice to find out all about the trip and what’s going on in her life.
- I’ve booked my tickets to see Civil War next Friday at 00:01. Yes I will be very tired on Friday at work but it will be well worth it.
5 Things Which Sucked
- My sleep pattern has been completely awful this week and I blame it on late night phone calls and distractions but I really do need to get back into some sort of routine.
- I was meant to be heading to the gym on Wednesday morning but I was so tired that I just slept through my early morning alarm *oops*
- I wasn’t in my flat pretty much all weekend so I haven’t had chance to have a spring clean so I definitely need to make an effort on Monday evening to have a proper clean up.
- I was planning to rewatch a few episodes of Game of Thrones before the first episode of season six starts but I didn’t manage to so I’ll need to just go straight in and see how much I remember.
- My car failed it’s MOT on Saturday which sucks. Kwik Fit quoted me £220 to fix it but I am going to do some shopping around.
5 Things To Do Next Week
- Sort everything out for my bank holiday weekend trip. Me and five of my friends are heading to a converted barn in Lincolnshire (I think) like we did last year to have a fun weekend away so I need to pack and sort everything out.
- Plans some trips and days out with my best friend who has been on holiday for the last three weeks. It’s mad how much I’ve missed seeing her and I want us to go out and do some fun things.
- Have a mini spring clean of my flat. As I have been so busy the last week or two I need to just have a few hours to blast through the house and have a tidy up/ clean.
- Drop my car at a few different garages to get quotes for it’s failed MOT.
- Sort out a whole load of blog images to plan my posts and schedule them in advance.