This week has generally been up and down with some great catch up’s and days out including my fun bank holiday weekend. But it was tarnished with some emotional turmoil at the end of the weekend which I’m still pushing myself through without dwelling too much. Here’s what I got up to this week.
5 Things I Did This Week
- I managed to have a good clean of my flat which made me feel so good. Everywhere is neat and tidy (although how long will that last?!)
- On Wednesday evening, I had someone special over to my flat and we spent the evening eating as much food as our bodies would allow (which was a lot) and watching Straight outta Compton which was a great movie!
- On Thursday, I had a lovely catch up with a friend who I haven’t seen properly in what feels like ages. We went to Meat and Shake in town and filled ourselves with milkshakes and burgers while we caught up with each others lives.
- I was one of those people who headed to the cinema at 00:01 on Friday morning to see the first showing of Civil War and my god was it worth it. I won’t spoil anything for those who are planning to see it but I was seriously impressed.
- On Friday me and the girls went away for three days to Lincolnshire and had a relaxing bank holiday weekend full of exploration, food and catch ups.
5 Great Things To Happen
- My dad popped round to help my get up my latest canvas prints and images on my wall. I would do these sorts of things myself but due to being a new build there are loads of pipes and things in the walls so my dad has to test everywhere before putting anything up.
- I had my flat measured for the new carpet I am getting and paid the deposit. It’s sad how excited I get about stuff like this but when it’s my own place I know I want it exactly how I like it.
- I watched the entire new season of The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, it came out on Netflix a few weeks ago and over two or three days I managed to binge watch the entire season and it was just as expected- amazing!
- McFly announced three special shows across a few different cities and I managed to nab tickets to the opening London night based on the band’s album ‘Room on the Third Floor’. This is hands down one of my favourite albums and I am so excited to be a) seeing them again and b) hearing this album again!
- The Urban Decay Alice through the Looking Glass collection went on sale through Selfridges last week and although I didn’t manage to nab the purple shade that I wanted I did get two of the others.
5 Things Which Sucked
- On Monday, my walk with my friend got cancelled because things came up which did suck as it meant I was less active during the day but it did give me more time to clean so silver lining.
- My car failed it’s MOT last weekend so after some shopping around I had to fork out money which I didn’t really want to on getting it fixed which sucks.
- After a great weight loss last week I managed to pretty much put it all back on this week but I blame it on two nights of pizza with all the trimmings. Damn!
- I’ve been so bad with going to the gym this week as I’ve had to get up early most mornings to drop my car at garages as opposed to heading to the gym.
- On Sunday evening I had to deal with a bad situation which ended in lots of tears and plenty of unanswered questions. I’m not usually one to show my emotions and I hated feeling like that.
5 Things To Do Next Week
- Finalise where I am heading for a quick weekend in May and get it booked as it will only be a few weeks in advance.
- Book Budapest. I found great price flights and accommodation to head there for three days in September with my best mate and I want to get it booked up before prices change.
- Check my ESTA ready for July’s New York trip. I know my one was valid for my trip last year but I’m not sure if it still will be for this year so I want to get this sorted in advance.
- Now I have all my tax details I want to file my 2015/16 taxes so I can pay off the money I have saved for it and tick this off my list.
- Motivate myself to run more as I have my next obstacle course run next Saturday in Windsor. Eek.