How the hell have I been doing this feature for 14 weeks already?! I have no idea where the year is going. Last week I published the feature a day later than usual due to bank holiday so this is only covering six days but it’s been an interesting week. The first few days were pretty much write-offs as I felt lazy and lethargic but I tried to make up for it at the tail end of the week.
Five Things I Did This Week
- On Thursday, I had a catch-up evening with one of my best friends that involved cocktails, milkshakes, burgers and pretty much everything that I shouldn’t eat. But I needed it!
- On Friday I had a trip to Ikea with my bestie and we had the famous Ikea meatballs (wow!) and I managed to pick up a few bits and pieces for my flat. You know the kind of stuff you don’t know you need until you see it.
- Saturday morning I did the Color Obstacle Rush in Windsor so spent an hour of my morning running around throw inflatable obstacles and having paint thrown at me. It was pretty fun and a nice way to spend a Saturday morning.
- Once I had cleaned all the paint off me I met up with two friends in London for drinks, food and catch ups and it was great. We are getting into more of a routine seeing each other and it was such a nice evening.
- Sunday morning saw me and my bestie head out for brunch and then a trip to the local comic book store where I was very restrained and only bought two comic books and one pop figure. I can’t wait to get stuck into them!
Five Great Things To Happen
- Seeing as my New York trip is now only just over two months away I have started to make some more plans (and to buy lists) and this has included booking an appointment at the http://www.rhianwestbury.co.uk/2016/07/five-beauty-hotspots-hit-new-york.htmlBite Beauty Lab where they will create my own personalised lipstick to my exact requirements. Now just to decide what sort of shade I’m looking for.
- I had my pass for Issues later this month confirmed. I bloody love the band and I am so excited to see them in a venue as amazing as Koko.
- I booked a really last minute flight to Copenhagen for a quick one night stay on Friday 20th May as I needed a May trip anyway and I found a return flight for £40 which I just couldn’t turn down.
- I found out my ESTA is still valid until next summer so at least I know that is one less thing I need to worry about prior to my trip to New York which is now 8 and a half weeks away *eek*
- Due to changes in plans I actually had Sunday afternoon to myself. I did some tidying, took some photos, had a relaxing batch and began watching Orange is the New Black which I have been putting off for ages. It’s safe to say that I am hooked.
Five Things Which Sucked
- After some shit which happened last week I feel like I’ve lost a best friend, someone who for a few weeks I spoke to everyday about everything yet now we hardly speak and I feel a bit empty.
- I was all set to go to the gym pretty much every morning and a load of evenings but I just didn’t have the energy or want to go which has left me a little behind.
- I put on weight yet again at Slimming World this week. I had a real hard look at my dieting and it’s appalling. I lost over 4 stone about 3 years ago and slowly have put it all back on. I know I can do it and I know what I need to do but I need to push myself to know it can be done again.
- It’s been a few week since I’ve had my gel nails taken off and I keep having to cut my nails short because I can feel how weak they are underneath. I am hoping it doesn’t take more than a few months for them to grow out and come back a bit stronger.
- It’s my Auntie’s birthday next week and I am really struggling to find anything to get her as she’s so hard to buy for. I have spent so much time scouring around but can’t find anything 🙁
Five Things To Do Next Week
- Clear out everything in both my bedroom and my spare bedroom/ office next weekend ready for my new carpet to be laid on Monday morning, eek.
- In conjunction with the one above I want to throw out at least three bin bags worth of rubbish from my flat by having a massive spring clean!
- Try and sort out a day to go to Enigma Escape. I have seen so many things about escape rooms and things and I have wanted to do something like this for ages, so now it’s time to convince some friends and get it booked.
- Plan up the rest of my month’s work of blog content because things are going to start getting super busy from the end of May (even more so than usual) and I don’t want to fall behind.
- Get back into a good habit with my gym going by doing a walk, two evening gym sessions, and two morning gym sessions. Wish me luck!