This week has had a mixture of highs’ including a quick trip to Copenhagen and some shopping but also some lows as I have been ill over this year. Fortunately by Thursday I was feeling much better and ready to enjoy my weekend.
Five Things I Did This Week
- On Monday, it was my Auntie’s birthday so we had a lovely meal out with the family. I am close to my family so I like to see them as much as I can.
- On Tuesday evening I went to the midnight showing of the new X-Men movie. This wasn’t because I was so desperate to it but merely because I would have no other time. It was quite good in parts and Nightcrawler and Quicksilver made the movie for me.
- On Wednesday, I went into London with my best friend and we had a little shopping trip to Forever 21 and Primark on Oxford Street so we could pick up some treats. And then we went along to the Hard Rock cafe as neither of us had eaten in the London one before.
- Over Friday and Saturday I had an impromentu overnight trip to Copenhagen partially because I needed to get away in May as per my year challenge, but also as I wanted to relax somewhere. It was a lovely two days which consisted of lots of walking, exploring and relaxing. Just what I needed.
- At 930am Sunday morning myself and an old school friend did the Watford 5km Colour Run which was quite fun. The 5km seemed a lot shorter than I thought which is good and it was nice to raise money for the local Peace Hospice.
Five Great Things To Happen
- My new carpet was all fitted on Monday and it looks amazing. I managed to get most of the stuff back into the rooms and tidied up within a few days and it was a great chance for a clear out.
- I booked all my stuff for Germany for Rock Im Park including my flight and a hostel for myself and my friend which means no camping *yay*
- I had my passes confirmed for Stone Free Festival in June to see Alice Cooper who I have been dying to see for years. The Darkness and The Lounge Kittens are also playing so I’m really excited.
- I managed to read so much over my trip to Copenhagen which included two graphic novels including the amazing volume 1 of Game of Thrones, and almost two whole novels. I was on a roll.
- I finished all three seasons of Orange Is The New Black and it was amazing. I can not wait until more seasons’ come out because I am at a bit of a loss of what to watch now. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Five Things Which Sucked
- I was a bit ill at the start of the week so didn’t go into work on Tuesday or Wednesday. I hate having time off work and I always feel unproductive when I am stuck in bed.
- My flat is still a bit of a mess because of the movement of all of my stuff. I hate living in mess but it always seems to take much longer to put things back than it does to move them in the first place.
- I spent way too much money on make up in Copenhagen (Kat Von D was in Sephora, oops) so I am going to put myself on a make up spending ban until New York which is about 7 weeks away. I hope I can do it.
- I have gotten so behind with blog work with my trip away and being ill that I feel like I am playing a little bit of a catch up which sucks.
- I put on weight again at Slimming World *boo* so I am going to make up a food plan for the rest of May and all of June so I can plan what I am eating and not waste food. Wish me luck.
Five Things To Do Next Week
- Pay the deposit on my Hawaii trip for next Easter because the trip currently has money off and I don’t want to miss out.
- Apply for a freelance role which I found for a music magazine. I’ve been putting off doing my covering letter for a week or so but the deadline is the beginning of June.
- Prep everything for my weekend away at Slamdunk Festival including packing all my clothes.
- Get ahead of my blog scheduling as June is such a busy month I do not want to get behind after such a great first 5 months of the year.
- Get my shellac polish taken off my nails and paint them for the first time in forever. I hope my nails just aren’t too thin after years and years of gel. Eek