This week marked the start of my crazy 5 weeks of festivals and summer frivolities with Slam Dunk taking up my bank holiday weekend. The end of May was just as amazing as the beginning of the month but I really do need to look after myself a bit more and relax/ slow down a little bit when possible.
Five Things I Did This Week
- Monday evening was a complete clash of events so I went straight from work to have dinner with my uncle (who was visiting from New Zealand) alongside my parents and grandad. Then straight after this, I went to my friend’s house to have a catch up with a bunch of my school friends including our friend who lives in the States and we again haven’t seen for ages.
- On Wednesday I went to Camden to catch Issues who are one of my favourite bands at the moment, a band who constantly push boundaries and encapsulate my mixture of musical tastes. The show was great and Tyler and Michael’s vocals never faltered.
- On Thursday evening, we headed along to Sushi Mania in Edgeware to celebrate my brother’s 25th birthday. I was a bit sceptical as I haven’t tried a lot of sushi but it was a buffet place with so much choice. I spent the evening munching on Katsu Chicken, dumplings and deep fried sweet potato. It was such an amazing dinner!
- Friday night I went out for dinner with a guy I had been speaking to from a dating site. The date itself was really nice and we had a good time but not sure there was anything there so we’ll see how it goes.
- The pinaccle of this weekend was Slamdunk Festival which saw me go up to Leeds on Saturday for the festival, head down to Birmingham on Sunday for the festival there before heading home on bank holiday weekend. The whole time was a haze of music, alcohol and socialising and it wa such a great event!
Five Great Things To Happen
- My flat is finally tidy with everything back in order after my new carpet being fitted. It’s nice to get back to some normality, and it’s been nice to have a big clear out.
- I ordered my next two Pop Vinyl characters, The Joker so I have a counterpart against my Arkum Asylum Batman, and Edward Scissorhands because he’s so damn cute. The more I look at the figures though the more I want, I just need to work out how I am going to display them properly.
- I booked in and paid the deposit for my Hawaii trip next Easter. I am just waiting for the tour to become guaranteed with enough people booked on and I’ll get my flights booked. It’s going to be my longest flight with an 11-hour flight and then a second 5.5-hour flight after.
- I booked Eurostar tickets to go to Disneyland Paris over Halloween weekend and I am so excited as I’ve not properly been and I want to see the Halloween parades and look out for Nightmare Before Christmas characters!
- After a shitty week at Slimming last week I managed to lose 4 pounds this week *hooray*, I’m still only where I started but that boost is definitely what I needed!
Five Things Which Sucked
- Again another week of shitty gym going. I need to get back into a routine but it’s proving really difficult to do. My mum cancelled on our evening so I didn’t bother going and I decided to snooze my alarms across two of my potential morning sessions.
- I have taken off the shellac from my nails and they look horrible. It took ages to get the shellac off through soaking, scraping and buffing. I am hoping it doesn’t take too long for my nails to strengthen again.
- I seem to have felt tired pretty much every day this week due to lots of late nights. I need to make sure this summer that I properly look after myself and don’t push myself too much.
- I totally realised this week that my implant should have been changed in March *oops* so I need to head to the clinic next week to have it changed. Last time it was a long evening (and a little uncomfortable) so here’s hoping for a better experience this time!
- With such a busy week I feel so behind on everything in general from blogging stuff, freelance work, relaxation and just general things like tidying my flat. Definitly need to take better care of myself this month.
Five Things To Do Next Week
- Pack and get sorted for my trip to Germany on Thursday for my first foreign festival of the year aka Rock Im Park.
- Get all of my reviews from Slamdunk completed and live so I don’t have to worry about playing catch up.
- See Alice Through the Looking Glass as I can not bear to wait much longer to see it.
- Not to buy any more makeup. I am on a beauty spending ban until New Year and I am determined to stick to it.
- Make sure I have a bit of relax as I am on the go so much over June that I want some me time. Lazy evenings binge watching TV and baths I’m thinking.
What have you been up to this week?