Five Things I Did This Week
- I got back into the routine of going to the gym this week *hooray* going both Tuesday and Wednesday evenings and I did feel great doing so. I need to keep this up and make sure that I get into more of a habit now.
- On Wednesday evening, I had dinner round my Nan’s. I love spending time with my family and try to catch up with them as often as I can.
- I managed to have a little bit of a relax on Thursday evening consisting of a bath, a TV show binge watch and an early night which was well needed!
- I was at Download Festival this weekend which was a pretty great weekend despite the weather. I managed to see a couple of my favourite bands (Bury Tomorrow/ Beartooth) alongside some new favourites.
- At Download I managed to catch up with some friends I haven’t seen in a while and watch some bands with them which was really nice. It’s so good at festivals managing to see people who I don’t see for months on end.
Five Great Things To Happen
- There is a Tim Burton themed pop-up bar open in New York for a short period this summer and despite it being very tricky I managed to book two spots for myself and my friend to go when we are over there. Yes it’s at 11.30pm and yes it’s a Sunday evening but the images and design looks so amazing that I can’t not go!
- I bite the bullet (no pun intended) and have decided to start a bullet journal. I have ordered my notebook (after extensive research), going out to look for pens and other bits and spend hours pouring over ideas of what to include inside it. I am really excited to get started with it. Expect a blog post about it once I’ve got used to it.
- I managed to completely catch up with the new series of New Girl which culminated in Schmidt and Cici’s wedding which was beautiful. I love New Girl so much and don’t know what to do until next season 🙁
- I got an offer of a job interview for the awesome job I applied for last week but sadly I have had to turn it down because the wages were just a bit too low for me to consider compared to what I am on now and travel expenses. It was nice to know that they felt I was qualified but I did hate to have to turn it down.
- I found out the hotel I am staying in in New York will allow me to ship post to them while I am there which means before I go I am going to make a Colorpop order saving me loads of money shipping to the UK *yay*
Five Things Which Sucked
- As soon as I got home from Germany my boots broke 🙁 I was toying with the idea of leaving them there as they were cheap ones and covered in mud but I thought no they might be good at other festivals, then they go and break.
- The weather at Download was one of the absolute worst things, it rained pretty much none stop all day Friday, Saturday and Sunday so I spent a large proportion of the weekend damp. You might have seen some of the images floating about of the mud which was pretty bad.
- On Sunday morning I had a little back spasm which left my back in a bit of pain all day. Fortunatly by the evening it eased up but let’s hope it doesn’t come back.
- My friend drove us both home Sunday evening when she had finished work at abou 12.30-1am and I had to go to work on Monday morning which was so tough after a few days away. This is going to be one long week.
- Due to the excessive rain I ended up leaving my tent in the fields at Donnington. It was a pretty good tent because it didn’t leak and it was a nice size but it was just too damp to pack it up and I had no energy to put it down.
Five Things To Do Next Week
- Start prepping ahead of the big festival of the year Glastonbury which I head to next week. I can’t wait for this one but I definitely want to be prepared.
- Have a cinema trip. There are so many movies which have come out that I want to see including Warcraft, Me Before You and the new Ninja Turtles movie so I need to go!
- Get my diet back in gear and lose some weight next week!
- Go with my friend to a Scuba Diving class on Thursday. I really want to get my padi qualification so I can properly go diving in Hawaii next year so I’ve got to start somewhere.
- Have a relax. This is the first week in ages where I only have a single day festival in a bit so I want to have a lie in at the weekend (Sunday) and just be a bit lazy.
What have you been up to this week?