For the first time in ages I was in my own flat all weekend from Monday- Sunday and it was lovely to have my own bed for so long. I’m enjoying it while it lasts as I head off to Glastonbury on Wednesday morning *eek*. This week has been full of catch ups, failed bowling sessions and culminating in an amazing show at the O2 Arena and a great Fathers’ Day.
Five Things I Did This Week
- On Tuesday, a bunch of us went bowling to say goodbye to one of our friends who is going to India until September with her husband and son. It was lovely to catch up and see her before she went, plus I realised how rubbish I am at bowling.
- On Wednesday evening, I went to see Michael McIntyre in a small theatre in London as he was practising material for his next tour. Tickets were only £10 and it was such a fun evening.
- On Friday me and my friend went to see Me Before You at the cinema. I had read the book so knew exactly what was going to happen so I didn’t cry, although my best friend was sobbing her eyes out. I think the movie was done really well compared to the movie and it was really beautiful. Definitely something I’d recommend to anyone!
- Saturday was such a fun day. I headed along to the O2 Arena to go to Stone Free festival where I saw The Lounge Kittens who are amazing, and headliner Alice Cooper who was sensational. The day consisted of burgers, lots of cocktails and cider and a failed attempt at bowling.
- Fathers’ Day on Sunday was such a nice day. I don’t remember the last time I spent a whole day with my parents and it was so nice. We had a BBQ, played outdoor Jenga and I made my dad a plethera of cocktails.
Five Great Things To Happen
- I got straight back into my gym routine going both Monday and Tuesday evening which made me feel so much better and the buzz I get from working out is great.
- I booked my Reading ticket for Sunday to see Biffy Clyro/ Good Charlotte alongside a load of other great bands. It should be a really fun day and it will be nice to just go for the day.
- Good Charlotte announced some pre-festival shows so myself and a friend booked a ticket to see them in Birmingham the night before they play Reading and I am stoked to see them!
- My bullet journal and fancy pens arrived this week. I have pretty much added all the bits to it I have brainstormed but it isn’t quite as pretty as I’d yet like so I am going to work on this next. Look out for a post sometime about it.
- I have booked my coach to go to Woodbury Common Outlet Malls when I am in New York. I am doing this right at the beginning of my holiday as I will then know how much money I have spent here.
Photo taken by the incredible Graham Berry
Five Things Which Sucked
- Typically I haven’t been very good with my sleeping pattern and have been having super late nights meaning I’ve been tired for quite a few days at work. An early night to me is anything before midnight which is so bad so I need to address this soon.
- I was meant to be having my first scuba diving taster lesson on Thursday evening but I was so knackered I thought I should have an evening in so cancelled. I’m going to go after Glastonbury as I want to get my PADI.
- I was meant to see The Secret Life Of Pets with my friend on Sunday morning but her work shift got changed so we had to cancel. I really want to see the movie so definitely need to re-arrange.
- Due to the new series of Orange Is The New Black coming out I have majorly neglected pretty much anything else this weekend meaning my flat is in a little bit of a mess and I am a bit behind on my blog schedule so I need to get back into it before I go away on Wednesday.
- I’ve been messed around a bit this week by a guy who used to mean a lot to me and his actions are really doing my head in. You know when no matter how much of an idiot someone is to you you still care?! Well that’s how I feel and I wish I didn’t care.
Five Things To Do Next Week
- Set my out of office at work for Glastonbury. I keep forgetting to set it in the office but need to remember this time as I’m out of the office for four days!
- Make sure I am fully packed for the festival and that I haven’t forgotten anything.
- Check the Moz update. I know I’ll be holed away in a campervan in the fields of Glastonbury so I might have to check it late but I can’t wait until I am home to see how things have gone.
- Have a relax and be off my phone as much as possible when I am away.
- Enjoy every single second of Glastonbury. It’s the best festival I’ve been to so far and I know I’m going to have an amazing week there so I want to experience everything!