Glastonbury Is The Most Magical Place On Earth

pyramid stage

I’ve said it before and I’ll keep saying it until I’m blue in the face, Glastonbury is the best festival to exist, and it’s certainly something I feel everyone should experience at some point in their life.

This summer me and four friends packed up and escaped reality for five days to the fields of Worthy Farm. We decided to bite the bullet and spend money on hiring a campervan which was a complete godsend including a real bed every night, a functioning shower to use every morning, a real toilet which wasn’t even too bad emptying, USB slots to charge our phones on and gas to use to cook tea and toast in the morning. Like literal luxury.

glastonbury

As most of you probably saw there were super duper traffic issues on Wednesday getting to the festival which turned our 3.5-hour journey into one just shy of 13 hours. But at 7.30pm Wednesday night we finally parked up in the fields ready to explore.

The thing about Glastonbury is that you can go the whole weekend and not see any music and it genuinely wouldn’t matter. Wednesday evening and Thursday were completely designed for exploration as there was little music going on and we made sure we did it properly. Last time I went in 2010 I didn’t feel like I saw much and I wanted to change that last time. Wednesday evening was full of fireworks, bonfires and fire eaters while Thursday was the real special day. With so many areas and such a vast expanse there’s so much to do, over the course of the weekend we saw circus acts, comedians, dancers, trapeze acts, played ninja games, had a rave in a cave, went to a day of the dead themed bar/ club which included a special ‘shed’ and much much more.

glastonbury mud

When the music kicked in on Friday I saw enough to remind me it was a music festival but not too much, this included getting my grime on to Skepta and Stormzy, seeing pop princess Jess Glynn, Bastille and being introduced to the amazing Signor Ros. But Friday’s highlight for me was obviously Bring Me The Horizon. My favourite band, who are by no means a traditional Glasto band played the Other Stage which is pretty much like the second/ third biggest stage there and it was incredible.

Saturday saw me catch Madness, The 1975, a bit of Fatboy Slim although the tent was completely rammed and Adele. Now I am not an Adele fan at all, I really don’t like her music but all my friends wanted to go and there’s no denying that her voice is incredible. I am glad I can say that I saw her, and she is hilarious, but once is enough.

the unfair ground

Sunday morning was a massive highlight and saw us get up at about 8am to queue to see the premiere of Finding Dory, yes I’ve seen it already and I have to say it’s amazing. It’s not quite up there with Nemo but it’s not far behind! Well worth an early rise. After packing up and having a relax I caught Ellie Goulding who was a complete disappointment due to the fact that I am almost certain she was lip syncing. Her vocals were so out of time on the screens yet when she spoke at the beginning they were in time, then she stopped speaking to the crowd at all, constantly turning her back to say thanks and then a load of affects were added to the videos to stop the out of timing being so noticeable. I’d like to think she wasn’t miming but it’s hard to deny something was up! The day finished with Craig David who was one of my weekend highlights, and an amazing headline performance by Cyndi Lauper who was incredible.

Overall I had such an amazing weekend and even all the mud didn’t dampen the weekend. Oh and btw yes I did fall in it on Saturday evening, like wellie stuck, foot out, splat in the mud type of the thing. But I did not care (and I wasn’t even drunk haha!)

Have you ever been to Glastonbury? Would you ever go?

pyramid stage

copperdollar

arcadia

sunset

glastonbury art

June 29, 2016

• Reply StressedMum

Sounds like you had a great time, a friend of mine put a picture up the other day, her son has his own business and he had a bar there it looked amazing all lit up. I am going to have to brave it and go one year x

June 29, 2016 at 8:45 pm
  • Reply Hungry_Healthy_Happy

It is also the muddiest place on earth haha. I guess that is all part of the experience though, and it looks like you had an amazing time. I definitely want to go in a couple of years, when baby is old enough.

June 30, 2016 at 7:23 am
  • Reply Jemma Andrew-Adiamah

Glastonbury looks amazing! I’ve always wanted to go, may in a few years.

June 30, 2016 at 12:57 pm
  • Reply Melanie Edjourian

I have never been to Glastonbury but the idea of all that mud puts me off.

June 30, 2016 at 3:33 pm
  • Reply North East Family Fun

I went to Glasto in 2010 too (and I was PG at the time) Oh my goodness it is the most magical place on earth – I’m hoping to get tickets next year and take the kids. Can’t believe the traffic this year though :-O

June 30, 2016 at 6:55 pm
  • Reply The London Mum

I’ve never been but have always wanted to! The camper van idea definitely sounds like the best option and when I do finally go that’s the way I’ll do it!

June 30, 2016 at 7:10 pm
  • Reply testingtimeblog

I’ve been to many festivals but always wanted to go to Glastonbury! Nothing like a weekend in a tent, in a field, with many bands and acts around

June 30, 2016 at 8:27 pm
  • Reply Sarah Bailey

Glastonbury always sounds such an amazing experience so much atmosphere and fun. x

June 30, 2016 at 9:02 pm
  • Reply Rosana McPhee

wow this sounds like a muddy fun! I haven’t been yet, perhaps next year… R

June 30, 2016 at 11:05 pm
  • Reply Stella Kashmoney

Sounds like a magical place. I bet you had a good time.

July 1, 2016 at 11:33 am
  • Reply Linda Hobbis

I love Glastonbury – not sure about the festival though! I’d have loved to see Madness perform.

July 1, 2016 at 11:36 am
  • Reply Becca @ Amuse Your Bouche

13 hours!!! :-O Gosh that must have been terrible. I hope you planned ahead and took snacks in the car!!

July 1, 2016 at 1:13 pm
    • Reply Rhian Westbury

Because we had the campervan we had cupboards full of treats fortunately x

July 1, 2016 at 3:01 pm
  • Reply Nicol Wong

jealous you went there! ive been wanting to go. i need to be more prepared in getting the tickets!

July 1, 2016 at 1:44 pm
  • Reply Liz Mays

I’ve never been to a festival like that! I had no idea so much went on other than music. What an experience!

July 1, 2016 at 2:01 pm
  • Reply Helen Costello

I can’t believe we don’t have a picture of you falling in the mud! I’ve heard Ellie Goulding was disappointing but glad it didn’t spoil your amazing weekend. Thanks for sharing – Love watching it on TV but even better to hear someone else’s experiences.

July 1, 2016 at 9:57 pm
  • Reply Tanya Brannan

I’ve never been to Glastonbury before, bit I think a campervan would definitely be the best way to do it!!!

July 1, 2016 at 9:58 pm
  • Reply Jessica

oh, wow. I guess the flood/mud added on the experience. Would love to attend in Glastonbury too and experience a magical place. 🙂

July 2, 2016 at 6:52 am
  • Reply Beautyqueenuk

So many people I know went this year and from all the snapchats and facebook posts I saw, it looks amazing x

July 2, 2016 at 11:39 am
  • Reply Rachael Phillips

Amazing pics Rhian! I just couldn’t do it lol I’m a hotel and luxury girl – the rain and the mud would put me off instantly lol

July 2, 2016 at 5:35 pm
  • Reply Hannah Heartss ❄️⛄️

I wish I got to go this year, I have always wanted to go!

July 2, 2016 at 8:22 pm
  • Reply mummyslittlemonkey

I’m sooooooo jealous – I’ve ALWAYS wanted to go (it’s on my bucket list) but didn’t manage it before having kids. I might have to work it in to my mid-life crisis… 😉

July 3, 2016 at 9:24 pm
  • Reply Nicola

Love that last picture! I’m never entirely sure how I feel about festivals like this. I kinda want to go but I’m not sure I’d actually enjoy it!

Nicola // pink-confetti.co.uk

July 3, 2016 at 10:08 pm
  • Reply Sarah@WhimsicalMumblings

I LOVE GLASTONBURY SO MUCH! Haven’t been for a few years though, but I really want to go again soon, especially as I live so close!

July 3, 2016 at 10:16 pm
  • Reply helen bunn

I love the idea of Glastonbury but never seem to follow through! There was so many acts I’d have loved to see this year! Love how they have the charging slots too, why doesn’t everyone do this!?

Your pictures make it look amazing too!

July 3, 2016 at 11:17 pm
  • Reply Elanor

I’m not much of a fan of music festivals, but I know my friends would have enjoyed this – especially with ‘Bring Me The Horizon’ performing! 🙂

July 4, 2016 at 7:58 am
  • Reply sarah Lea

Glastonbury sounds like soooo much fun! I WILL go one day. Going in a campervan must be epic! Also, I’d loveee to see Madness! It sounds like you had a wonderful time 🙂 xx

July 4, 2016 at 9:41 am
  • Reply Agata @BarkTime

I’ve never experience it but I hope to go one year. It looks truly amazing!

July 4, 2016 at 3:26 pm
  • Reply Ana De Jesus

13 hours bloody hell, thank god Glastonbury is so good because that journey sounds like a nighmare. Ah yes a campervan sounds so much better than a tent especially with all the floods!

July 4, 2016 at 8:48 pm