Why I’m Glad We Don’t Have Sephora In The UK

The title of this post might come as a shock to my many of you because of A/ the amount of makeup I own and buy but also B/ How excited and crazy I get when I go away and find Sephora’s. I know lots of people are dreaming and wishing for Sephora to return to the UK but I am pretty glad it doesn’t exist here. There are quite a few reasons why:

Sephora is part of the novelty of going away

I don’t know about you guys but Sephora is a novelty, it’s part of the reason I love going to the US and it’s always exciting to find it in other European cities. If there were Sephora’s dotted around the UK it wouldn’t be a novelty as it would just be like when you see H&M abroad because they’re bloody everywhere.

There is no guarantee of getting the brands that we want

Not every country get every brand, for example in France they didn’t stock Kat Von D but they did in Copenhagen. If we got Sephora in the UK chances are we wouldn’t get all those brands that we lust over from the US.  I know when I make Sephora wishlists I focus on products that I can’t get here which is part of the fun.

Sephora Paris

It could just be like any other department store

Going on from the point above if we had Sephora then other than their awesome own brand products it would just be like any other department store selling Urban Decay, Estee Lauder and Clinique. Yes you don’t get the irritating sales assistants trying to sell you stuff in Sephora but it wouldn’t be much different to setting foot in Debenhams/ John Lewis/ Selfridges

Things are sometimes cheaper abroad

Especially in the US I find that a certain number of brands are slightly cheaper than back home and so I stock up on these products and that’s one of the best things about Sephora. If we had them in the UK things would just be the same price as they are everywhere else. Plus there’s no guarantee we’d get the Sephora Card option as they don’t have it in most other European cities which is a shame, I’d have wracked up some good points in both Paris and Copenhagen.

I’d forever be poor

If we had a Sephora in the UK I’d most certainly be poor because I’d pop in for just one thing and come out with ten just like I do with any Sephora visit.

Do you wish we had Sephora in the UK?
June 30, 2016

• Reply Tara | C&CO.

I really wish we had a sephora in the UK. I’m going to Rome this month + really hoping to pick up some Kat Von D

July 1, 2016 at 8:11 am
    • Reply Rhian Westbury

I hope they stock it. I’ve found Kat Von D in Copenhagen but not Paris. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you x

July 1, 2016 at 3:02 pm
  • Reply Jemma Andrew-Adiamah

Ha! I could go mad in Sephora, love it!

July 1, 2016 at 8:36 am
  • Reply Liz Mays

I know what you mean about it being special because you can only go when you’re in the U.S. I’m US-based but there’s not a Sephora near me, so it’s very much a treat when I can go.

July 1, 2016 at 2:13 pm
  • Reply Zoë IKIWN

Haha! The last point made me chuckle, it’s exactly what went through my mind when I read the post title. I’m definitely glad we don’t have Sephora in the UK because I would definitely be poor! Would love it if Kat Von D was available over here somewhere though… that Shade & Light eyeshadow palette is just perfection. x

July 1, 2016 at 4:26 pm
  • Reply Harriet @ Toby&Roo

Ha that last point made me smile! I’ve never tried it so can’t comment! H x

July 1, 2016 at 5:02 pm
  • Reply Sarah Bailey

I could definitely spend way to much at Sephora! They seems to have some amazing products. x

July 1, 2016 at 9:12 pm
  • Reply Susanna

I can so vouch for the last one! Boots is bad enough for me, and I can’t even step into a MAC store without my wallet whimpering in pain…

Still, Kat Von D and Tarte on demand? I’d give my right hand for that!

July 1, 2016 at 10:19 pm
  • Reply Le Coin de Mel

I was really surprised by the title of your post. How can she not like Sephora? I thought. Ha ha! I agree actually, it’s part of the novelty of being in France for me too to get my little treats from Sephora!

July 2, 2016 at 1:07 am
  • Reply Charli B

I’m glad we don’t have it here too, it is a nice little treat when you go away. Plus I’m bad enough going into Boots or Superdrug for something as simple as cotton buds then dropping £50 on everything else… But, forgetting the cotton buds haha! Could you imagine how bad I would be in there? xx

July 2, 2016 at 9:01 am
  • Reply fashion-mommy

Just got back from Portugal and they had Sephora, and, like you, I got all excited. Think it is a fun part of a holiday.

July 2, 2016 at 10:45 am
  • Reply Nikki Hamilton

I kinda wish they do but I get what you mean about the excitement of finding it when you are away!

July 2, 2016 at 10:59 am
  • Reply Beautyqueenuk

I would love to have a Sephora but you are right about the novelty and the brands x

July 2, 2016 at 12:58 pm
  • Reply Ickle Pickle

I am sorry to say that I have never heard of Sephora – but I am off to google them now! Kaz x

July 2, 2016 at 8:20 pm
  • Reply Hannah Heartss ❄️⛄️

I would love to have a Sephora here but then I would never have any money left haha

July 2, 2016 at 8:48 pm
  • Reply Emily Underworld

I feel the same way to be honest! Going in Sephora in Paris was so much fun for me, it’d be less of a novelty if we had it in the UK!
    – Emily from http://www.emilyunderworld.co.uk

July 3, 2016 at 4:53 am
  • Reply Kira L Curtis

I agree so much! I love finding Sephora stores abroad and if it was in the UK I’d forever be spending my money! Or I’d do the opposite because I always feel like treating myself when I’m abroad where as I wouldn’t here!

July 3, 2016 at 1:53 pm
  • Reply Helen Clark

I’ve never been to Sephora but I agree they wouldn’t be the same if they were everywhere (and it’s one of the reasons we want to go to New York!)

July 3, 2016 at 2:22 pm
  • Reply Ana De Jesus

Your right, I was so surprised by the title but it makes sense. It would take away from the novelty of buying it abroad if it was available in the UK!

July 3, 2016 at 7:30 pm
  • Reply Sally Akins

Oh I completely agree – I’d be forever spending a fortune if there was one near me! And as you say, it wouldn’t be quite so special

July 3, 2016 at 7:32 pm
  • Reply Candice Nikeia

Sephora is so popular in LA. We have 4 locations in the city! Takes the quality down to me.

xoxo, Candice

July 3, 2016 at 7:46 pm
  • Reply Jessica

Sephora sounds tempting. Like my friend who took a lot when we’re in France. Your control will be challenged if there’s any easily available. Haha.

July 3, 2016 at 11:16 pm
  • Reply Culinary Travels

Sephora is great. I do wish we had them here, but I confess it’d be very expensive 😉

July 4, 2016 at 2:44 pm
  • Reply Nicol Wong

i do wish there was a sephora but like you said, id be poor! haha. its so deadly there. i prefer the usa over the french sephoras

July 4, 2016 at 6:09 pm
  • Reply Beth

I have never heard of these before. But I agree with what you are saying

July 5, 2016 at 1:08 pm
  • Reply Becca @ Amuse Your Bouche

I agree with enjoying a bit of novelty when you go abroad – gives you something extra to look forward to! It’s always sad to be in an amazing foreign city and see all the same shops you see at home.

July 5, 2016 at 3:07 pm