Festival Frolics in June

the lounge kittens

My monthly gig round-up seemed a bit null and void over the summertime when there are virtually no shows happening but it doesn’t mean there’s no music, it’s just festival season *yay*. I love festivals (most obvious statement) and this month I went to four straight after my slam-dunk duo weekend.

The first weekend in June saw me head to Germany for Rock Im Park. This was my first ever experience of the festival and despite lots of issues with travel (read more here) I thoroughly enjoyed the festival. I got to see some of my favourite bands aka Bring Me The Horizon, Biffy Clyro and Panic! At The Disco and I got to finally see Trivium *woop*. Red Hot Chili Peppers final night headline performance was also magical and made me realise how much I love them.

frank carter and the rattlesnakes

The following weekend saw me make my annual pilgrimage to Donnington Park aka Download Festival. Now the weather was shocking and it did sadly tarnish the weekend a little but my the music was amazing. I won’t go on too much about it as you can read more here but I love festivals where I can wander around and catch new bands I’ve been meaning to see for ages such as Black Peaks and Counting Days.

alice cooper

The following weekend I popped to the O2 Arena to Stone Free Festival and it was nice to be inside in the warmth for a festival! The main reason I was there was to see Mr Alice Cooper who I’ve been meaning to see for ages, but I also managed to catch The Lounge Kittens who are amazing (check them out if you haven’t!), Apocalyptica (who are a group of heavy metal cello players!) and The Darkness who sadly disappointed me this time. The day was a lot of fun and gave me the chance to catch up with a few friends and fail epicly at bowling!

pyramid stage

As if I wasn’t knackered already the final weekend of June saw me head to the best festival in the world, Glastonbury, you can read more about my festival experience here. I love Glastonbury because it doesn’t matter what music you’re into your covered, and it isn’t just about the music, there’s so much more to explore and see across the festival from DJ’s, clubs, art, crafts, circus acts, comedians, trapeze acts and so much more. I managed to see a little music across the five days including my fav’s again BMTH, Craig David who was a personal highlight and Adele who I was dragged to see. I love this festival so much and can not wait to hit it back up again!

July 1, 2016

• Reply Hungry_Healthy_Happy

I am really sad that there are hardly any gigs this summer, as everyone is at festivals. When they do start giging again, I will be too pregnant haha.

July 2, 2016 at 10:09 am
  • Reply Charli B

I’m surprised you aren’t knackered and needing a month of rest after that! I adore festivals just for the variety of music and all of the acts you can see in one place xx

July 2, 2016 at 11:28 am
  • Reply StressedMum

Wow you really have had an amazing and busy month, I have not been to a festival we have tried a couple of times to get to one, but things have always got in the way x

July 2, 2016 at 12:21 pm
  • Reply Jess | The Indigo Hours

Rock Im Park sounds brilliant! I love Bring Me The Horizon. I’ve never been to a festival but I’m hoping to get to Download next year 🙂

Jess xo | The Indigo Hours

July 2, 2016 at 1:05 pm
  • Reply Laura Hartley

Your music posts always make me so jealous! I’d love to see Panic! At The Disco live, they’re one of my favourite bands 🙂

July 3, 2016 at 9:41 am
  • Reply Kira L Curtis

I never really fancied going to festivals until I started reading your posts! You’ve really made me start to think about which ones I should try out and actually go to!!

July 3, 2016 at 10:56 am
  • Reply Beautyqueenuk

I am slightly jealous you got to see so many amazing acts but you would never get me in a tent x

July 3, 2016 at 5:03 pm
  • Reply Sarahjane

Wow!!! What an amazing experience! Big shame about the weather at Download. I really wanted to go fingers crossed for next year

July 3, 2016 at 8:15 pm
  • Reply Melanie Edjourian

Wow ALice Cooper, bet he was good, shame about The Darkness.

July 3, 2016 at 10:46 pm
  • Reply Jessica

Hey! I was in Rock Im Park too. The weather made it lots of adjustments in terms of performances but Red Hot Chili Pepper just made it memorable. 🙂

July 3, 2016 at 11:57 pm
    • Reply Rhian Westbury

Wow, what a small world! Yes they were a definite highlight!

July 5, 2016 at 9:08 am
  • Reply Anosa

What an amazing festival round up, you’ve done more in one month than I have in my entire life. I would love to head to Glastonbury

July 4, 2016 at 7:15 am
  • Reply Hannah

Wow you’ve been busy! You’ve done more in one month than i’ve done in a lifetime! I keep meaning to sort tickets and then never get round to it….

July 4, 2016 at 9:28 am
  • Reply MadeFromBeauty

Wow you have been busy! I am sad to say I’d never been to a festival, but hoping to tick it off my list soon!

MadeFromBeauty.co.uk

July 4, 2016 at 8:27 pm
  • Reply helen bunn

I’d have loved to see Adele at Glastonbury! You’ve definitely done festival season right though!

July 4, 2016 at 8:42 pm
  • Reply fashion-mommy

It sounds like you are having a fantastic summer of music, a bit jealous of the Chilli Peppers, who I have loved for ages and never seen live.

July 4, 2016 at 9:18 pm
  • Reply theCuriousPixie

Wow what are summer you’re having. Great festival roundup. Love to get to one or two myself.

July 4, 2016 at 9:33 pm
  • Reply sarah Lea

Ahhh the ‘Rock Im Park’ festival looks and sounds epic! I love Panic at the disco!! And the Red Hot Chilli Peppers! You’ve been to soooo many festivals, it all sounds like great fun! xx

July 5, 2016 at 7:16 am
  • Reply Gingey Bites

Wow so busy! I can’t believe you fitted it all in! Download is just near my mums house so I used to go when I was younger, I live in Bristol now so no can do! Sad to have missed Glasto this year too!

July 5, 2016 at 7:35 am
  • Reply Beth

Oh wow!
    I would love to watch Red Hot Chilli Peppers, I was a huge fan a few years ago, not heard anything from them for a while though.

July 5, 2016 at 12:53 pm
  • Reply Leslie Hernandez

Looks really cool I have never been to a huge festival like this one looks like a lot of fun!!! Red Hot Chilli Peppers sound amazing!!

July 5, 2016 at 3:22 pm
  • Reply Ana De Jesus

Yes you had a busy month festival wise. Sorry to hear The Darkness was a disappointment but I am sure that the Glastonbury made up for that x

July 5, 2016 at 3:49 pm
  • Reply MyLifeAsAMummy

Wow, what a fantastic time you had! I would love to see Alice Cooper! You did make me chuckle when you said dragged to see Adele!

Laura x x x

July 5, 2016 at 6:47 pm
  • Reply Nayna Kanabar

Music festivals are something I have never attended. They look so much fun and exciting.

July 5, 2016 at 8:27 pm
  • Reply Ickle Pickle

They all sound so exciting! We are off to our first festival at the end of the month – Camp Bestival, we can’t wait! Kaz x

July 5, 2016 at 8:37 pm