This week has been a lot of getting back to normality after Glastonbury Festival and it was so wierd to have a weekend at home because for the past five weekends I have had festivals and it’s been a bit of a shock to my system. I had a few catch ups and birthdays this week which was nice, here’s what I’ve been up to.
Five Things I Did This Week
- On Thursday I had my first taster scuba diving session and it was such an odd sensation. I’ve never been scuba diving or even snorkeling before so using the mask and the air did take some getting used to but I loved every second of it. I’m going to do another taster session next week and then think about ordering my bits to start my PADI qualification.
- On Friday it was my friends birthday so we headed to play Laser Tag and it was so much fun. I haven’t played laser tag since I was a teenager and I forgot how enjoyable it can be. After we were all sweaty and messy afterwards we headed to the pub to drink away into the night.
- On Saturday evening I went to a really nice bar with a friend to have an epic tapas meal of quesildilas, halloumi and other various things all washed down with the best rum cocktails I’ve ever had. I love the place so much!
- During the day on Sunday I had a catch up with a friend who is moving in with me over the summer and it was nice to spend a few hours just finding out what we’ve both been up to since we last properly spoke.
- Sunday evening I headed to the cinema to see The Secret Life of Pets which was such a feelgood fun film, definitely one to watch.
Five Great Things To Happen
- I paid the deposit and booked my flights for Hawaii next Easter. They aren’t the best flights because I’m travelling over Easter Sunday and Monday so there’s less choice and it does mean two stopovers on the way back as opposed to one but I don’t care as it means my Hawaii trip is becoming even more of a reality.
- On Saturday I got my nails redone and they finally look acceptable. I opted for shellac this time as it works out much better for my nails than gel so let’s hope they last long enough for New York.
- My hair has been re-dyed so I am officially a redhead again *yay* I love the look of my freshly coloured hair and just wish red stayed in better.
- I recieved my Glamour Summer Edit box and I am really impressed with the variety of products that I recieved within it and am so looking forward to testing everything out.
- I had a good clear out of my bedroom and for once it is looking clean and tidy so hopefully when I head away on Friday it will stay clear for my return.
Five Things Which Sucked
- There was an accident on the roads in Watford on Thursday which meant I couldn’t get to the gym due to gridlock. I was really looking forward to getting back into it so I ended up doing a little workout at home, but it wasn’t the same.
- After scuba diving my ears felt really bunged up and odd for a day or so and it wasn’t the most comfortable thing. I really hope they aren’t as bad next week as I fly to New York the day after my scuba session.
- I was meant to be super productive this weekend getting back on track with freelance work before America but I didn’t do quite as much as I’d have liked so I need to have a really busy few days this week.
- I definitely overindulged in food and drink this weekend and I feel really guilty as I was hoping to lose some weight to cover me before New York but it doesn’t look like that will have happened.
- I am still have reoccurring annoying conversations with an ex of mine who just keeps changing his mind about how he feels and it is totally doing my head in. I’ve officially told him to leave me alone but I don’t have the self-control to not message him if he contacts me. Emotions suck.
Five Things To Do Next Week
- Finish packing as I head away to New York on Friday *eek*
- Search for my US travel adaptor plug as I have no idea where it is
- Make my Colour Pop order to have delivered to my NY hotel
- Finish off all my freelance work at least two days before my holiday to give myself some me time
- Start watching Weeds. It’s a show I’ve been meaning to try for a while and I think my travelling is a great time to begin.