This week was an odd one being my first week back to work after my holiday and experiencing what in the UK is a complete heatwave meaning a lack of sleep and difficulty knowing what to wear. It’s been a nice week catching up with people and getting back into some sort of routine.
Five Things I Did This Week
- When I returned back from New York I had a lovely catch up meal with my family to see everyone and hand out presents. It was nice to see everyone again because although I wasn’t gone long I’m used to seeing my family quite often.
- I got back into my gym routine and managed to go back twice this week and also hit my 10,000 steps on the day which I didn’t head to the gym so I felt pretty productive.
- On Friday night I had a catch up meal with a friend at Pizza Express and was able to give her the present I got her from my holiday.
- On Saturday lunchtime I went to an afternoon tea with a friend in our town centre and it was such a great deal on Groupon.
- After my lunch I went into London and had a catch up day with a friend which involved bowling and Nando’s.
Five Great Things To Happen
- Within two days of coming back from America I had completely unpacked, washed all my clothes and deprepped from my holiday.
- I had my third laser appointment on Monday evening and it seems to be going really well. Because I was in London I made my first trip to the central’s Forbidden Planet which is incredible. I managed to pick up three pop figures which I couldn’t find in NY.
- The sun has been shining for most of the week and it has been so nice to have heat and nice weather. I was kind of hoping for some breeze after the heat in New York but I’m actually glad of it.
- I managed to catch 7 Pokemon on one walk to the shops on Sunday, sad I know but it’s start to my collection. Having only opened the game about four times I feel I am doing okay.
- I managed to get back on track with my blog work having scheduled up and completed images for quite a few posts.
Five Things Which Sucked
- Going back to work wasn’t the easiest thing when I’ve not donned my smart clothes and gone to work for eight days. It wasn’t too bad as the weather was so nice and the week went relatively quickly.
- It’s been so hard to sleep this week because of the heat. I know the sunshine is a great thing but it’s been a week of less sleep than normal.
- I realised quite how bad at bowling I am after my friend almost doubling my score when we went on Saturday.
- Having planned to eat at the mac and cheese store in Camden Market we turned up at 430pm and they had closed *gutted*
- I have a feeling that I have ruined a friendship with someone I was very close to by being too open and pushing things more than I should have.
Five Things To Do Next Week
- Go back to Scuba. I didn’t go when I got back from New York as I had such a manic week but I need to go back so I can order my PADI qualification kit.
- Plan an epic day in London with my bestie for next Saturday. We have reasonably regular days out in London and I need to plan it to make sure it’s amazing.
- Have one evening/ day (either Friday evening or Sunday daytime) and have a relax; I’m taking full out face mask, bath, bubbles, watch a movie. Proper me time.
- Start job hunting. I have been at my current job for 2 years now and I want to have an explore out and see what oppurtunities are out there, what skills I’ll need for those jobs etc.
- Book tickets to Friends Fest which is happening in Stevenage later this year.