Before I went to New York in July I had never tried anything from Anastasia Beverley Hills and my mind was happy in the knowledge that Kat Von D and Sephora own brand liquid lipsticks were the best out. On my very first day in New York – and the first of a million trips to Sephora – I picked up an Anastasia Beverley Hills liquid lipstick to try it out and decided to wear it to Warped Tour. During that trip I bought three more shades and since coming home I have ordered two more from Sephora which kind of shows how impressed I am with the formula.
Personally, I can not find a fault with the formula, the standard applicator holds enough product to fill the lips and it glides on smoothly without feeling too runny. The formula is easy to move around to cover the whole lips and doesn’t dry too quickly. Once it does settle down all the shades are super matte without being drying which is great and they’re also really lightweight. So many times I have been wearing them and thought they’d rubbed off because of how light my lips feel but they’ve always still been there.
The staying power is also incredible, I can easily wear one of these from 830am in the morning before work and get through a whole day of work including eat breakfast, eating lunch and drinking loads (I always forget to use a straw) and still have pretty much a full lip on. I’ve also had these liquid lipsticks last through greasy burgers and cocktail sessions. The great thing is the formula doesn’t seem different in any of the shades. With some brands, I find one shade might have great lasting power but others not so much but all of these are consistent.
Here’s a rundown of the shades I have:
- Ashton- Midtone yellow-brown which is a slighter darker than nude brown. This is probably the one I reach for least out of the six shades but when I have a brighter cheek or eye I opt for this neutral tone.
- Dolce- Muted coral. This is my go-to everyday shade as it is light, fresh and has the right amount of colour without feeling too dark to wear to work.
- Dusty Rose- Dusty mid purple tone. This is one of my favourite shades and the first one I picked up. It’s a mid-tone lilac/ pink colour and it’s just such a pretty shade.
- Catnip- Soft plum which is slightly brighter than Dusty Rose. This is slightly more pink than purple but the good thing is it’s dark as opposed to bright. I don’t suit really bright colours so this is perfect.
- Kathryn- Berry brown which is one of my darker shades but the brown hue in it stops it from being too bright and the muted berry tone doesn’t wash me out like some other darker lip shades can.
- Craft- Sangria is a really deep pinky red tone and is great for going out if I want a darker more vampy style lip. Naturally this isn’t one I find myself reaching for very often but you always need a good going out shade.
Have you tried anything from Anastasia Beverley Hills?