This week has been a really nice week which culminated in a trip to Edinburgh for three days to showcase one of my favourite cities to my parents. We had a more relaxed few days that it would have been had I of been on my own but it was so much fun. Especially when it began with an early Moz update *eek*
Five Things I Did This Week
- On Monday I had a nice catch up meal with my family and it was nice to see everyone as we all lead busy lives so it doesn’t happen very often.
- On Wednesday I headed into Soho for a catch up evening with two of my friends. It started off with happy hour drinks and included a Wahaca Mexican meal which was amazing and cocktails.
- On Friday I headed to Edinburgh with my parents and finally managed to see the Crown Jewels at Edinburgh Castle which is one of my favourite spots in the city. Later the same day we did the Scotch Whisky Experience (for the benefit of my dad).
- On Saturday I did two things which I had never done in Edinburgh before; The Zoo (which was amazing) and the Royal Britannia Yacht which was really interesting and had some of the best food I had in Edinburgh.
- On Sunday before we came home I revisited both the Gin Distillery and Holyrood House to share the experiences with my parents.
5 6Great Things To Happen
- I read the new Harry Potter book and although it was nothing like the older books as it’s not even written by J K Rowling it was nice to have a bit more to the story which was a huge part of my childhood.
- I got a photo pass confirmed for Good Charlotte in Birmingham later this month. I am so excited to finally see the band and this is just the icing on the cake.
- Due to being in Edinburgh we walked so much over the three days that I managed to hit 18,000+ steps across the three days.
- As my parents had such a great weekend with my planning we’re looking at going to Liverpool next year for another long weekend.
- I finally got round to listening to the new Biffy Clyro album and it has got me even more excited for Reading Festival.
- The Moz update happened early for once and I managed to move up a few spots on my DA which I am so happy about after a slight drop last time.
Five Things Which Sucked
- My room is a complete and utter tip once again. I seem to tidy it, it stays nice for a few days and then poof, messy again. It’s how I can imagine it feeling having a small child.
- As I had so much on this week and didn’t want a late night before going to Edinburgh (it still happened) I missed scuba diving this week which sucks.
- I had a pretty bad gym going week and only managed to haul myself there twice. I need to get back into the habit of going some mornings.
- I haven’t managed to read any more Suicide Squad comics which is a pain as I am heading to see the movie on Wednesday (and I don’t care what the critics have to say either).
- One of the cute little shops I wanted to visit in Edinburgh was shut which was a shame. I’ll just have to make any visit.
Five Things To Do Next Week
- Have a tidy up of my bedroom as after a weekend away in Edinburgh and some late nights it needs some TLC
- Have a good healthy week so I can try and get back on track with slimming world
- Make sure I take a few minutes every single day to relax as I have a very busy week so I know it might be a long one
- Get back on track with my image taking for my blog and make sure that I take some batches so they can be used at later dates
- Do some reviews so I can grab some additional freelance work