The past week has gone by in such a flash I am slightly worried that it’s now mid-August (mental!) I have been out and about pretty much everyday catching up with friends, eating burgers and drinking cocktails that a quiet day on Sunday was much needed. Here’s what I’ve got up to this week.
Five Things I Did This Week
- On Monday I headed to Islington Academy to see Don Broco play their album ‘Priorities’ in full. When this album came out in 2012 it was on repeat for a long time and it was so good to hear the album in full.
- On Wednesday I headed into Milton Keynes to see Suicide Squad and despite critics slating the movie I was pleasantly surprised. There were a few negatives including Cara but overall it was an enjoyable watch.
- On Thursday I went into London to meet a friend for a cheeky burger and it was a nice evening of catching up.
- On Friday me and the girl living with me met up a friend and had some drinks in Watford which resulted in plenty of cocktails and busting open my new Edinburgh gin.
- On Saturday I had a day in Camden catching up with a whole bunch of people from the music website I edit which ended up being about a 10 hour drinking session including plenty of cocktails and it was a great evening.
Five Great Things To Happen
- I had my pass confirmed for Coheed and Cambria in a few weeks and Black Peaks in September which means just one thing, gig season is starting to kick off again.
- Somehow despite a week of eating out loads and loads I managed to lose 1 and a half pounds at Slimming World which I was so happy about.
- I recieved my Sephora order earlier this week and I am so happy because I ordered the Anastasia Beverley Hills glow kit which I regret not buying when I was in the States, I also got a few liquid lipsticks as well.
- I had a nice lazy day on Sunday where I got to do some tidying, have a lie in and generally have a bit of a catch up.
- I got the new Twin Atlantic album through this week and I am so happy that it’s a great album because I was worried I wouldn’t like it as much as their previous album.
Five Four Things Which Sucked
- I didn’t manage to head to the gym once this week which is a nightmare as I’m trying to get back into things properly now festival season has pretty much finished.
- With a few nights out and plenty of meals I spent so much money this week so I need to make sure I have a bit more restraint this week.
- I had a date this week and although the guy was nice enough I didn’t feel any sort of spark and I was kinda gutted as we got on so well. Sometimes things aren’t meant to be.
- I had a batch of jobs I was meant to apply for but because I have been so busy I have missed most of the deadlines.
Five Things To Do Next Week
- Pack and sort out my stuff for V Festival which I head to on Friday
- Head to the gym at least twice. I’ve come a bit off the bandwagon and haven’t been properly in a few weeks so I need to change this back now
- Have a pamper evening one day this week and do a intense face mask and use my new coffee body scrub.
- Be a little more sensible with what I eat as although I lost weight last week it might come back and haunt me this week.
- Go back to Scuba as I have missed two weeks and I need to get back into it.