Normally August is a quiet time for live music but this week I’ve had three shows and a day at a festival so it’s been nice to get back into the mood for live music. After this week I am definitely going to need bank holiday to sleep and relax.
Five Things I Did This Week
- On Monday I headed to the Kentish Town Forum with some friends to see Good Charlotte. This is a band who were a huge part of my teenage years and it was incredible to see them live after all these years. It was a nostalgia filled night and they played every single song I wanted them to.
- On Wednesday I headed back to the Kentish Town Forum for an altogether different show where I caught the amazing Coheed and Cambria. It was a strong evening but very very warm in the venue.
- On Friday night my friend came round and we had homemade Fajitta’s and had a general catch up alongside watching the Da Vinci Code which I have not seen in bloody ages.
- On Saturday I made a trip to Birmingham for the second Good Charlotte show of my week. The show was absolutely amazing and I was lucky enough to take photos of the special show. I can’t wait for the band to announce their 2017 tour so I can plan which dates I’m going to do.
- On Sunday I headed to Reading Festival for a day and it was such a great day catching up with my friend and I managed to see some really great new bands alongside an epic headline set by Biffy Clyro.
Five Great Things To Happen
- On Tuesday I finally got around to re-dying my hair. The brand I used to use just didn’t seem to be lasting on my hair so I decided to change to Garnier and see if the red hangs on any longer.
- I bought my first pair of Dr Martens and I am so excited to start wearing them although it’s a little warm at the moment. I’ve heard tales of people saying how much they hurt until you break them in so I am not looking forward to that.
- As I haven’t had a lot of me time recently I have planned a nice London day trip out for myself next weekend and I am so excited. I am planning a day of shopping, a show and plenty of food.
- I managed to block write a whole load of blog posts ready to use in September as I have had a good amount of time to myself which is good.
- I had a few hours to kill in Birmingham on Saturday and bought a beautiful new skirt from H&M.
Photo by the amazing Graham Berry
Five Things Which Sucked
- As this week has been gig central I only made it to the gym once. Boo, naughty me. I definitely need to up my game.
- I was honest about my feelings towards a guy and sadly it didn’t have the desired results and has left us not talking anywhere near as much as we used to which is a shame as we were so close. But it clearly wasn’t meant to be.
- Because of some silly issues my tattoo appointment got cancelled which is such a pain as I planned my whole day in Birmingham around this. Now I need to re-book, but I won’t booking with the same person again.
- I was disappointed by the Fall out Boy co-headline set at Reading Festival as the band themselves just didn’t seem to have the intensity they usually do, and they didn’t look like they were enjoying themselves.
- I’ve had quite a few nights of limited sleep (no change there) which has left me a bit tired so hopefully I can catch up this week.
Five Things To Do Next Week
- See Bad Moms. It looks like a really shitty comedy film but I quite like the cast so it would be nice to see this
- Spend Bank Holiday Monday catching up with blog stuff and batch taking a load of photos.
- Start making plans for when I head off to Budapest in about 10 days time
- Go to the gym at least 3 times. I’ve been so bad getting off the gym band wagon and with a few walks/ runs over the next 2 months I need to get back into it.
- Try to spend one evening of the week off my laptop and spend the time pampering myself/ catching up with TV/ Watching a movie etc
What have you been up to this week?