Five Things I Did This Week
- On Tuesday evening I headed into Kentish Town to have a catch up with a friend and finally try Dirty Burger and I have to say it’s right up there as one of the best burgers I’ve had.
- Wednesday night was something I’d been waiting for for bloody ages: Friendsfest. You’ve probably seen so many blog posts about this event already so I won’t bore you too much but it was so cool seeing some replica sets from the iconic show especially Central Perk and of course the girl’s apartment. It’s made me want to re-watch the entire show.
- On Friday evening I went to the local theatre to see a product of the Buddy Holly story. I have seen this show about four or five times already but it always makes me smile. I was brought up on rock and roll thanks to my nan so it always means a lot to see the show especially as I went with her, my auntie and my brother.
- On Saturday evening through to Sunday morning, it was this years’ Cancer Research Shine Night Marathon Walk so I walked 26.2 miles/ 42km in aid of the charity. It was tough and I ache a lot but I managed it. Look out for a blog post about it soon!
- On Sunday late afternoon after as much sleep as I could manage I picked my parents up from Heathrow airport after their holiday in Cyprus. It was so nice to see them again but I am jealous of their tans.
Five Great Things To Happen
- Disneyland Paris tickets have officially been booked for Saturday 29th when me and my friend are going to go on a hunt for Nightmare Before Christmas characters. I literally can not wait!
- I made a food plan for my week from Monday for Slimming World and other than eating out Tuesday I have stuck to it. I need to get into the habit of doing this more to keep myself on track.
- The Lush Halloween launch has happened and I ran to the store on my lunch break on Friday to snap up as many new bits as I could. Check out my post which will be live any day.
- My temporary housemate has now moved out which means I can sort out all of my space again, start tidying and get everything back to where it should be again. It’s been nice living with someone but I’m happy to have my own space back again.
- With the Shine Night walk I managed to shave an hour and a half off my time last year due to better planning and I was so happy with my progress.
Five Things Which Sucked
- Due to it being very last minute I had to turn down an event invitation from Hotter Shoes to their launch event in Watford. This would have been my first ever event and I am gutted it was so last minute
- I’ve not had very much time this week to read or watch much of Daredevil as I’ve been so busy with my friend moving out and tidying so I need to make more time next week.
- Despite being much better with my food this week I managed to put on a pound again. I need to push myself to have completely 100% good weeks at least, to begin with, to kick-start my weight loss again.
- I missed a whole load of deliveries this week so I’ve had to re-arrange them all. I hate having post and not knowing what it is.
- Despite all the positives of the Shine Walk I am in a lot of pain ranging from my calves, knees and ankles through to my back and shoulders as I had a small rucksack with me.
Five Things To Do Next Week
- Finish having a total clear out/ clean of my flat
- Go lightly back into the gym after the marathon but get myself read for my 10km obstacle run next weekend
- Book London Eye tickets for a London day out I have planned with my parents
- Lose any amount of weight at Slimming World
- Finish watching Daredevil Season 1 before Luke Cage comes out Friday.
What have you been up to this week?