Halloween Homeware Haul

Halloween Homeware Haul

Halloween is one of my favourite times of the year because finally shops start selling homeware items with skulls and bats on and pretty dresses and outfits come out which most would only deem appropriate during this month of spookiness. Home Sense and TKMaxx are my favourite places to shop for Halloween homeware as their collection is always amazing, although I have to be careful to buy things as soon as I see them as items seem to disappear in seconds.

I made a beeline to the shops mid-September thinking it was about time their Halloween collections started to appear and I was right (although I’ll definitely be making another trip in October to seek out more goodies). Home Sense obviously had a far bigger collection as the TKMaxx homeware section is always smaller anyway but it seemed that Halloween snow globes are their go-to items this year.

Halloween glasses

The first thing I picked up were an assortment of glasses from Home Sense. I picked up a set of the black etched tumblers which have a spider/ spider web design all over them. You need to be very careful with them as they are hand wash only but at £5.99 for the pair they were too good to say no to. I also picked up two of the black and gold skull tumblers as I love the fact that their opaque and of course you can’t beat a skull. And at £2.99 each it was cheaper than buying a coffee in Starbucks.

Next up from Home Sense were these super cute tea towels for £4.99, there were so many designs but I picked this pair as most of the others had one patterned towel and one plain and I wanted two which had patterns on. I am planning on having a mass kitchen clear out so these can replace some older ones I throw away.

Roses and Skulls

Next up were some bits from the same collection in TKMaxx. To begin with, I bought these skull ornaments, they’re actually place-card holders but they’re such a good size I can scatter them around my flat in various places. They’re really heavy duty and would definitely come in handy if you were serving up a spooky Halloween dinner. A steal at £7.99 for the quality. I then bought this small plaque which can be either stood up or hang on the wall. I just liked the design and the black boxy look to it, and at £3.99 it was hard to say no.

The final thing I picked up was technically from the Autumn collection but I think they’re pretty Halloweeny. These fake red/ black coloured roses are so pretty and because I can not keep anything alive fake flowers work really well for me. They don’t have a really plasticky feel to them which is good, especially as they were a bit more pricey at £7.99, but the colours of them made it worthwhile for me. Now just to find somewhere to put them.

What do you think about Halloween inspired homeware?

1. Claudia Barnett
    September 23, 2016 / 8:37 pm

I love homesense and TK Maxx for seasonal bits and bobs! You really can’t go wrong. x

2. Jo Wiggins
    September 24, 2016 / 12:29 pm

Aw I love Halloween, seeing all the kiddies getting excited. I must admit though, I have never thought about getting themed bits for my house before x

3. La French Connection
    September 24, 2016 / 5:36 pm

Usually I go back home for Halloween and we have a big party together but this year I’ll be working so I’ll be in England. Time to see what Halloween looks like in here 🙂

Mika | http://www.la-french-connection.com

4. Hannah Heartss ❄️⛄️
    September 25, 2016 / 9:32 am

I’m so excited for Halloween! I can’t wait To decorate our house x

5. Jessica Dearnley
    September 25, 2016 / 7:27 pm

I love your haul. I like collecting skull candles at Halloween and lots of roses.

6. September 26, 2016 / 3:09 pm

I love the glasses, they are really funky and what a great price too!

September 26, 2016 / 5:06 pm

I used to be into skulls and stuff but now I can’t stand it! I think it is very creepy, but I guess in Halloween everything is appropiate hah x

8. Tanya Brannan
    September 26, 2016 / 6:02 pm

I love all the things you can buy around this time of year! I just haven’t got round to buying anything yet. Need to get my skates on x

9. Little Steps
    September 28, 2016 / 11:31 am

Love them and I bet my daughter will love them too. She’s into skulls and especially loves sugar candy skulls, she has loads of temporary tattoos of them 😉

10. Alice Mills
    September 28, 2016 / 7:10 pm

Ooh nice! I do like Halloween, the dark nights, the chill, the warm toast inside, fireworks, hot drinks – Autumn/Winter is the best time! I’d love to do Halloween parties each year – will need to start collecting for that!! x

11. Tooting Mama
    September 28, 2016 / 7:47 pm

Great Halloween collection. They don’t celebrate Halloween at all in France, not a jot going on around Halloween. But I’m joining forces with some American mums to get our share of Halloween fun. Super suggestions – thanks!

12. Lyndsey O'Halloran
    September 28, 2016 / 8:05 pm

I really like the glasses, they’re something I’d buy for myself.

13. Laura @dearbearandbeany
    September 29, 2016 / 5:47 am

Great picks! We’ve been getting ready for Halloween too, the girls have been loving picking their outfits.

14. Tracy Morgan
    September 29, 2016 / 6:59 am

Ooh, I love them all! I am so envious at how organised you are – I am most definitely a last minute Harry! haha

15. Aurelie
    September 29, 2016 / 7:48 am

I’m not celebrating it right now, I’m just waited for the kids to be a bit bigger that we can do something really special as a family.
    I had a look at Homesense, I knew I was going to buy everything so left my wallet at home lol

16. Life Unexpected
    September 29, 2016 / 7:36 pm

I love the candle holders and the skulls. I really wish we had a home sense in Cornwall. I’ve heard some amazing things about it but have never been to one myself. x

17. September 30, 2016 / 8:50 am

We’re big fans of Halloween in this household! We like putting sugar skulls up and the little glass candle holders would be perfect for us xx

18. September 30, 2016 / 3:17 pm

Oh I just love shopping in TKmaxx for Halloween! There are always some really beautiful and unusual finds. I’m such a sucker for doing the house up at this time of year. Those skulls are just perfect.

Jordanne || Thelifeofaglasgowgirl.co.uk