September was such a quiet month for live music that somehow I only ended up going to see McFly, which was insanely incredible. I went to the first night of the Anthology tour in London which saw them play their first album ‘Room on the Third Floor’ in full alongside some other great tracks and it was so special. I am so glad I bought tickets although pretty gutted that I didn’t manage to grab tickets to night two as well.
October is where things get busy so here’s a look forward at the bands I’m looking forward to seeing:
- The month starts with Of Mice and Men at Brixton on Friday 7th and I’m keen to see the band again as it feels like forever since I last saw them.
- Steel Panther will be heading back to Wembley Arena around the middle of the month for a Saturday show and I am super excited for it. I am hoping to do photos at this show as the band are always fantastic to photograph and it’s always such a fun show. Plus the band are being supported by Bowling For Soup so you know that’s going to be fun.
- As the month starts to draw to a close I am going to see Billy Talent at the Roundhouse and this is one of the shows I am most looking forward to. Seeing them at both Rock Im Park and Download they were incredible so the show is set to be a special one.
- I am hoping to catch You Me At Six when they play Shepherds’ Bush Empire on 24th October but I am going to have to rely on press related tickets as I didn’t manage to get any when they went on sale. The guys have been away for so long I really don’t want to miss them.
- The final night of the month see’s me spend a second Halloween with Bring Me The Horizon and it’s the start of a week of shows for me. This night will be even more special as Enter Shikari have been added in as a special support act. It’s going to be a strange feeling seeing the band at the O2 Arena as that place is bloody massive but I know it will be special.