Five Things I Did This Week
- On Tuesday evening I had an evening with my mum and we grabbed dinner and then went to the cinema to see Bridget Jones. I know she doesn’t get to go to the cinema much as she doesn’t drive and her and my dad don’t have similar movie tastes but I knew she had to see this one.
- On Friday evening I went to my first live show of Octover and saw Of Mice and Men play at Camden’s Kentish Town and it was such a good show. I managed to catch up with a few friends and see some great music, it was an awesome evening.
- Saturday was a day out in London with my parents which I organised and saw us begin at the Befeater Gin Distillery in Kennington. I’ve become somewhat of a gin drinker and my dad loves it too so it was a great start to the day which carried on with a trip to the museum of childhood, a ride on the London Eye and cocktails.
- On Saturday evening we discovered a great seafood restaurant in the heart of Camdens’ Stables Market called Seawise, and I have to say it was the best seafood I think I’ve ever had, the salmon was incredible.
- On Sunday I finally got round to see Miss Periguines School for Perculiar Children and it was such a great movie and so typically Tim Burton.
Five Great Things To Happen
- In two words Luke Cage! I’ve watched the whole season now and I have to admit I absolutely love it and I’ve got into it much more than I did with Jessica Jones. I can not wait to find out what Marvel and Netflix do next.
- I bought the Yankee Candle Advent Calendar as there was a great deal on Groupon. I had been debating this one for December but the saving made me hit buy quicker than anything.
- I recieved my package from MyMallBox which was a mail forwarding service I tried to get some US products. I am so happy with what I bought so keep an eye out for a post coming on it next week.
- My flat is finally clean, tidy and organised exactly how I wanted it to be after a few weeks of clear outs and things.
- I got around to tackling clearing out my wardrobes which was a huge task – shamefully I have three triple ones (yes three) – and it was nice to clear out some stuff for car boot sales so I can get into them properly.
Five Things Which Sucked
- On Wednesday we had some bad news finding out that my dad had been made redundant from his role at Trinity Mirror after 24 years’ so this week has been a bit worrying for us all as my dad was the main breadwinner at home.
- Due to the bad news this week me and my mum didn’t make it to the gym much this week so I am a little behind (although it was probably a much needed break after a tough few physical challenges recently).
- One of my friends seems to be going through a bit of a tough time at the moment and I hate feeling like there’s little I can do to make things better for her.
- I really wish I had been able to queue up on Saturday to meet Kat Von D at Debenhams as I think she’s such an amazing person and an inspiration but I didn’t want to cancel my plans for the day.
- I stayed the same weight at slimming world this week. Usually I wouldn’t be unhappy about this but I have been trying really hard as I’d like to lose a stone before Christmas.
Five Things To Do Next Week
- Complete my PADI training so I can ready for my intensive indoor dive session.
- Have a solo London date day on Saturday. Every so often I love to pop into London on my own to explore places I’ve been meaning to go to and eat at places I’ve had on my bucket lists.
- Buy my Christmas cards. I know it’s only October but I always like to be super duper prepared.
- Starting prepping and planning my Christmas gift guides so they can start launching next week.
- Finish season one of Daredevil. I took a break to watch Luke Cage but I need to get back into it.