Five Things – Week 39

Five Things – Week 39

Originally I had planned this week to be pretty chill but then realized other than Wednesday (when I still had aqua) I was out every other week night and both days at the weekend including a whopping four trips into London (Mon/ Fri/ Sat/ Sun). I don’t quite know how my body has coped with so much excitement this week but it’s been an awesome week for doing things.

Five Six Things I Did This Week

• On Monday I had a lovely catch up meal with two of my friends and we tried Maxwell’s in Covent Garden. This is somewhere I have been meaning to try for ages and Monday’s they have good money off main meals and £4.50 cocktails all day so it seemed like a great chance. I had the best mac and cheese, a few cocktails and an awesome freak shake so definitely a naughty evening of food.
  • On Tuesday evening I had a catch up with my group of school friends. We headed to Harrow to have an Indian meal but because I am not an Indian fan I just stuck to rice and a naan bread, but it was probably a good idea after how much I ate the night before.
  • On Friday night I went along to an awesome pub in Clapham and did my very first escape rooms with a company called Handmade Mysteries. I went along with three of my friends and it was so much fun despite us being super scared and not finishing.
  • On Saturday I did my indoor scuba diving training and it went really well. I was at the dive centre for about eight hours, with almost six of those being in the water so it was knackering but I’m so glad I did all my skills with no problems.
  • On Sunday morning I went shopping and had a catch up with my nan which was nice.
  • Sunday evening was my gig of the week and this time it was the mighty Billy Talent who were pretty awesome. I forget how great their back catalogue is sometimes but the night reminded me.

Five Great Things To Happen

• I had my passes confirmation for Pierce the Veil later in November and I am so excited to catch the band again.
  • I finally got hold of a Kat Von D lock it concealer and brush and the Double Dare liquid lipstick which I had been crushing on for ages so I can’t wait to try them out.
  • I bought the most awesome new coat for the winter time and it is so snuggly and warm that I’m actually looking forward to it getting colder.
  • On Saturday evening as I was so shattered from my scuba diving I caught up with a lot of sleep, falling asleep by 10pm Saturday night and not waking up until 9am Sunday morning (although I definitely could have slept for longer).
  • I found out that fast track passes at Disneyland Paris are completely free so I know what we’re doing as soon as hit the park next weekend!

Kat Von D

Five Things Which Sucked

• I found out my work end of year party is on the day when I am in Copenhagen which I am kind of gutted about as it was such a laugh last year.
  • I have been searching for a black denim jacket for ages and still can’t find the right one. I’ve ordered so many and they’re either cropped, too big or have thick lining which I don’t want. I can’t believe it’s so difficult to find one.
  • Same old sucky thing but I put on weight at Slimming World again. I am in such a bad routine and really need to sort myself out and get properly motivated.
  • I felt pretty ill/crappy on Sunday evening around the gig and by the time I got home I had a really bad headache which was annoying. Because I was feeling so bad I ended up having to cancel my interview with the band as I wasn’t in a state to do it.
  • I had planned to get quite a lot done on Saturday evening but as I was so shattered it has left me a little behind playing catch up.

Five Things To Do Next Week

• Pack for Paris next week and find my autograph book
  • Watch at least one new movie. I have such a long list of movies I need to watch that I definitely feel next week would be a good time to cross one off my list.
  • Edit my photos and do my Billy Talent review quickly so I don’t get behind.
  • Try not to spend too much money during my brief trip to Westfield’s on Monday before You Me At Six.
  • Do some more prep on my Christmas gift guides and get as much of November scheduled up as possible.
What have you been up to this week?

1. LaaLaa
    October 24, 2016 / 12:51 pm

I really want to try the Kat Von D lock it concealer and foundation but unless I’m prepared to travel to Oxford Street, it won’t happen for awhile. Fast track passes at Disneyland are necessary, it’s a lot better than standing in the long queues that’s for sure xo

2. Joanna
    October 24, 2016 / 2:06 pm

Looks like another fab week. Great that the Disney land Paris parses are free. Hope u have lots of fun.

3. October 24, 2016 / 2:34 pm

Sorry to hear that you were ill hope you are feeling better hun. That Mac n’ cheese looks amazing and I like the sound of 4.50 cocktails too!

4. October 24, 2016 / 3:16 pm

I am sorry but I can’t get passed that mac and cheese oh my goodness it looks absolutely amazing! x

5. October 24, 2016 / 7:31 pm

Wait, fast track passes are free at Disneyland Paris? How didnt I know this when I went. Have fun when you go

6. Beautyqueenuk
    October 24, 2016 / 8:17 pm

OOh I didnt know that about fast track for Disneyland paris and I go in 3 weeks x

7. Mellissa Williams
    October 24, 2016 / 9:05 pm

Where did you get a coat from after as I am after one? Hope you have fun in Disneyland Paris too

• October 25, 2016 / 8:10 am

I actually got one from Primark in the end. I was so shocked at the quality and it was only £18 but it’s so warm x

8. October 24, 2016 / 11:54 pm

We went out for Indian recently too. We love it though! Your scuba training must have been so intense!

9. October 25, 2016 / 5:51 am

Oh how excited you must be for Paris. I bet it looks beautiful at this time of year.

10. October 25, 2016 / 10:07 am

Sounds like you’ve had a busy week. I’ve been off plan food wise for a few weeks but went back on last week and lost 3lbs! It’s amazing how easy it is to do when you put your mind to it x

11. Hungry_Healthy_Happy
    October 25, 2016 / 10:10 am

I have a serious Mac and cheese craving after seeing that photo – it looks epic. I might have to make some for lunch.

12. Sarah | Susty Meals
    October 25, 2016 / 11:25 am

Sounds like a really busy week for you. I have been pretty busy sorting stuff out at home and taking part in and enjoying lots of events around Manchester Science Week – last night we went to a Behind the Scenes for Planet Earth 2. Really fun, even though I’m still recovering from a cold 🙂

13. Hannah Heartss ❄️⛄️
    October 25, 2016 / 7:18 pm

So jealous you got the Kat Von D Concealer – really want to try that! X

14. fashion-mommy
    October 26, 2016 / 10:00 am

Another busy week. I have felt ill this past week too so I totally agree that it sucks.

15. October 26, 2016 / 3:09 pm

Check Julien Macdonald for thedrnim jacket. They are usually a few in Debenhams.

16. Harriet @ Toby&Roo
    October 26, 2016 / 3:35 pm

If it makes you feel any better lovely lady you are not alone in the weight gain. I got into a bad habit at Disneyworld and I’ve gained relentlessly since! H x

17. October 26, 2016 / 5:56 pm

Sounds like a very busy week. How exiting going to paris, it’s a great place to visit

18. mummyslittlemonkey
    October 26, 2016 / 8:35 pm

Your weeks always sound so jam-packed and exciting! I did two loads of laundry today…

19. October 26, 2016 / 10:23 pm

Your week sounds fabulous, Billy Talent are such a great band! I believe in you with your slimming world journey, you can do this! x

20. Melanie Edjourian
    October 27, 2016 / 10:02 am

I haven’t tried Maxwell’s yet but that macaroni cheese looks delicious and cocktails sound good I had better get something arranged with my friends. Thanks for the suggestion.

21. sarah Lea
    October 27, 2016 / 6:07 pm

It sounds like a fairly good week! Catching up with school friends is always really nice! And yay for catching up on sleep, too! I NEED to do that this weekend, I have been SO tired this week. I hope you find the perfect denim jacket! xx

22. October 27, 2016 / 7:06 pm

wowzers! £4.50 for a cocktail in covent garden is a steal! I really need to get working on my gift guides too – thanks for the kick up the bum x

23. Saccharine Soul
    October 27, 2016 / 8:53 pm

I definitely have to check Maxwell’s in Covent Garden! I am constantly looking for new places I could discover on my city trips to London!

24. Kira L Curtis
    October 28, 2016 / 8:48 pm

I really would like to try out scuba diving properly like that! How much is it? Can’t wait to hear about your trip to Paris 😀

25. Francesca Nelson
    October 29, 2016 / 8:12 am

Hahaha glad to hear the escape room was a hit despite not finishing!! Scuba diving training must be really fun!!

26. October 29, 2016 / 10:56 am

Have fun in Paris! I’ve been there multiple times (also to Disneyland) and it’s a beautiful place! x

27. Viki Marden
    October 29, 2016 / 9:02 pm

I love these posts. Sounds like you have had a great week catching up with friends x

28. October 30, 2016 / 5:38 pm

It sounds like you’ve had a very social and full of fun activities week. Well done!

29. Deborah Nicholas
    October 31, 2016 / 10:29 am

Oh I love this idea!! I would be excited for Paris too and that Mac n cheese looks amazing!!