Five Things I Did This Week
- On Tuesday evening I drove up to Milton Keynes to see my friend and go to the Odeon Imax to see Doctor Strange on it’s opening night. I won’t ruin the movie for anyone who hasn’t seen it but visually it is insane and the story/ characters are also great. It’s also one of the first movies in ages where I really feel the 3D added something to the movie.
- I had a few nights in this week but I don’t feel that I was overly productive in them. You know when you feel like you’ve done loads but look back and there’s still loads to do?!
- On Friday evening I took my Nan out for a meal to Prezzo. In the run up to Christmas I always take out my mum, dad and nan out for a meal after we’ve done some Christmas shopping but didn’t have time last weekend to add a meal in with my nan so this was her meal. It was nice to catch up and the dinner was amazing.
- On Saturday me and my friend jumped on a stupidly early Eurostar to head to Paris for the weekend and we spent Saturday in Disney. We were there for about 9 and a half hours and managed to meet Jack Skellington (complete fan girl moment), explore the park, go on some rides, spend lots of money and eat loads!
- On Sunday we spent the day exploring Paris and walked so much. Like I’m talking miles and miles, but it was so nice to not be rushing around as we’d done most of the touristy things.
Five Great Things To Happen
- I got some more gig passes confirmed for next month including This Wild Life and Frank Carter and The Rattlesnakes.
- I booked tickets to the Revolution V&A Exhibition after it being sold out last time and I’m so excited to have a nosy around the exhibition in a week or so’s time. It’s all based around 1966-1970 music and the punk movement which I find so interesting.
- I’ve got a date later this week and despite having a few recent bad experiences I am hoping to prove to myself that not all guys are idiots who don’t think before they say things and change their minds in seconds. Although that being said I am super nervous, I don’t think I’ll ever get over that ‘meeting new people nerves’.
- When I was packing for Paris I found an extra 50 euros which I had stashed away which added to my Disney spending funds.
- I managed to find some limited edition nightmare before Christmas tsum tsum’s at Disney which are so cute and I can’t wait to add them to my collection.
Five Things Which Sucked
- After spending hours in a pool last weekend my nails are in horrific condition, my polish is all chipped and my nails are all weak.
- I was meant to see You Me At Six on Monday and I still wasn’t feeling 100% so I had to miss it and I was so gutted. Then they go and announce a tour for when I am on holiday next April :'( Boo!
- I realized I hadn’t actually booked my coach tickets for my trip up to Sheffield next weekend so I had to re-book them. I searched every card statement and Paypal account I have and can’t find anything. It’s so odd.
- I feel like I am slowly losing one of my best friends as every time I ask to meet up she uses work as an excuse and every time we do talk everything seems really one sided. There’s only so much effort you can make with a friend before it becomes too much effort.
- Having to get up at 2.30am on Saturday morning and having such a packed weekend has meant that I am so bloody knackered.
Five Things To Do Next Week
- Plan my day in London on Saturday 5th before Bring Me The Horizon play the O2 for the second time.
- Try not to drink/ eat too much at the four gigs I’m at during the week.
- Schedule up posts until at least Mid November (but ideally all month) so I can relax a little bit.
- Keep track of work on the music website I edit as my assistant editor is on holiday in New York *jealous much*
- Start doing my morning DDP Yoga workouts on Tuesday (Monday I’ll be too tired after Paris)