This week has been a bloody manic one, namely because my favourite band are touring which means I’ve been to not one, not two, but four shows within seven days. Twice in London, once in Birmingham with my brother, and a great hometown show for the lads up in Sheffield. Not content with having gigs all week I planned some a meal out, a date and a day trip into London before one of the shows. One day my life will slow down but who knows when.
Five Six Things I Did This Week
- Monday marked the start of the Bring Me The Horizon tour in London so I went up to the O2 Arena to celebrate Halloween with the band. I had no idea what to expect from the tour but I was blown away by the production and set list.
- On Wednesday I met up with a few friends in Mornington Cresent to try out a new burger restaurant (Band of Burgers) which was really yummy, and then we headed to a cocktail bar next door called Simmons which was great. The cocktails were great and it was nice to catch up with my friends.
- On Friday I headed to Birmingham for the second date of my Bring Me The Horizon shows. The night marked my 50th show and it was great to spend it in Birmingham (where the best crowds are). Plus it was my brothers’ first show which was pretty special too.
- On Saturday I headed into London to go to the ‘You Say You Want A Revolution’ exhibition at the Victoria and Albert which was very interesting, all about the 60’s from music and culture to feminism and gay rights. I ended my afternoon with a trip to Southbank market for some awesome food.
- Saturday evening saw yet another Bring Me The Horizon show at the O2 Arena again. This time I was seated with a friend of mine and it was nice to see it from another perspective.
- Sunday saw me hop on a four hour coach up to Sheffield for the final show of my week in the bands’ hometown. It didn’t matter I was on my own, so far from home it was special and I am so glad I went.
Five Great Things To Happen
- Another week and another show which I’ve had passes confirmed for. This time it’s for Jimmy Eat World in London later this month. I haven’t seen this band for ages so I’m excited to catch them again.
- I have booked my lake dives to complete my scuba dive training. I am a little nervous about being in a massive lake diving especially when it comes to doing stuff like taking my mask off underwater, plus it’s going to be cold, but I am super excited to qualify.
- I finally seem to have had a chance to sort out things in my flat and tidy up so lets hope I can keep track of it.
- After trying for ages to go there I’ve finally tried Big Easy and it was amazing. The cocktails were yummy and I had lobster mac and cheese which was amazing!
- Considering I spent 4 hours Sunday (and 4 hours Monday) on a coach I managed to have time to do some reading and catch up with some things I hadn’t had chance to before.
Five Things Which Sucked
- A friend of mine was diagnosed with cancer a few months back and she’s undergoing chemo at the moment but I still haven’t had a chance to go and visit her. I feel so bad as things have been so hectic and really need to push to make time.
- I tried to make my Sephora VIB Rouge 20% off order on Friday but found out that it’s only applicable for US residents which I feel is a little unfair. I tried to make an order with a mail forwarding courier but sadly most of them got cancelled 🙁
- I am stressing a little bit about Christmas shopping as by the second week of November I am usually far more organised than I seem to be this year.
- I had to re-schedule the date I had planned this week which was a shame as I had worked myself up for it. Here’s hoping everything goes well next week when we arrange to meet up again.
- As I didn’t get to any of the Bring Me show’s early enough I missed out on all the limited edition t-shirts which they had on offer which was a shame.
Five Things To Do Next Week
- Have a bath and a relax one night (if I can!)
- Work out what outfit I am going to wear when I head out in London on Saturday. I am so bad with choosing outfits that I need to plan so much in advance.
- As it’s now a week into November start finalizing my Christmas presents so I have more of a concrete plan of what to get people.
- Get my Frank Carter images from Thursday’s show edited pretty quickly so it’s one less thing looming over me.
- Finalize the rest of my Christmas gift guides.