Five Things I Did This Week
- On Monday when I got back from Sheffield I did some shopping in London, made a trip to Fat Burger and met a friend for some catch up cocktails which was nice.
- On Wednesday I had my rearranged date and it actually went so well. I get very nervous before dates and tend to get very chatty but for the first time in a long time I felt so comfortable, I wasn’t ghosted after we departed and we’ve arranged a second date *wahoo*
- On Thursday evening I headed to the Electric Ballroom to watch Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes who were absolutely incredible. Frank Carter has the perfect stage personality he’s angry, ballsy and personifies the punk persona but at the same time is passionate, humble, respectful and promotes love not anger.
- On Saturday I had a lovely few hours in London with some friends where we finally managed to go to God’s Own Junkyard. Then we had dinner and some drinks and then headed to Propaganda for a night out which was fun.
- On Sunday I had a friend round and we had food, watched a movie and just chilled. It was nice to just spend together and chill.
Five Great Things To Happen
- I managed to make a trip to the Disney Store on Oxford Street to pick up one of their Nightmare Before Christmas Christmas tree decorations. They seem to have sold out of some online but the Mayor that I got is so cute.
- I am really proud of an article I wrote for my music website about my experiences’ over 10 years’ and 50 shows’ with my favourite band. If you haven’t had enough of me rambling on about Bring Me The Horizon you can read it here.
- Despite a week of frankly awful eating I stayed the same at Slimming World which makes me really happy. I just need to push myself to be good this week.
- My American order came through which meant a huge bath and bodyworks haul and a Kylie lip kit which I gave in and bought.
- After a Topshop order I think I have finally found a black denim jacket which I am happy with the fit of. I have ordered so many over the past few months I am so happy. Now I can cover it in enamel pins and patches.
Five Things Which Sucked
- I wore my new DM’s to Sheffield and thought I’d worn them in but turns out I hadn’t as my feet hurt so much on Monday walking around London.
- I planned to start getting up earlier in the mornings to do my DDP Yoga before work but I have not been able to get up this week so I’ll be trying again on Monday.
- I felt a little ill on Sunday moring after my night out but fortunately after a shower and some more sleep I felt a bit better.
- I went to order a Christmas present for my auntie the day after finding the link and it’s now out of stock and I can not find anything I like as much. Serves me right for not buying it there and then.
- After being made redundant my dad is having a hard time applying for jobs and finding something he’s qualified in and I hate seeing him feel so down about himself.
Five Things To Do Next Week
- Get everything ready for my Lake Dives over next weekend and make sure I get a good nights’ sleep on Friday night.
- Look into hotels in advance of next years’ Slam Dunk Festival in Birmingham so I can get a good rate.
- Get on top of my Christmas shopping and sort out Secret Santa presents and the bulk of my family presents.
- Lose any weight at Slimming World. This means less cake and burgers *boo*
- Go to bed before midnight as many nights as possible. My sleeping patterns have been horrendous lately.
What have you been up to this week?