The Perfect Winter Evening In

The Perfect Winter Evening In

It pretty much seems like Autumn came and went in a flash and we’re almost in full blown winter season. I’ve had to bust out my full sized coat and I rarely bother to wear one, and I’m finding I need to snuggle up more when sleeping. I actually quite like the dark evenings, there being no debate about being fully committed to the duvet cover and the chance to stay in more. Here are my top componants for a perfect winter evening:

It would have to start with a nice relaxing warm bath full of Lush products of course so the bath water looks pretty glittery. A hair mask would go on and a sheet mask would be stuck to my face and I’d just lay back and read a magazine. Times like this where I get to totally relax do not happen very often so I cherish them when I get the chance.

After the bath water starts to cool a little I’d snuggle up in the fluffiest biggest PJ’s and warmest socks. I used to be a huge fan of the onesie but the issue I tend to have is how cold you then get whenever you need to use the bathroom as you essentially need to strip off. Not good when it feels like minus a million degrees outside.

After snuggling up I’d turn off the lights in my living room and pop on as many candles as is deemed not a fire risk, my scents of choice, especially in winter, tend to be gingerbread, cinnamon, cookies, baking and of course pumpkin. With some of these burning, I’d turn on my fairy lights and get ready to snuggle up on the sofa with a movie.

No movie is complete without food so I’d make a huge serving of mac and cheese because who can resist a huge bowl of cheesy pasta goodness?! After demolishing this in seconds flat I’d make sure there were warm cookies, a large hot chocolate with cream and chocolate shavings and a box of Maltesers to munch on while the movie is on. Movie wise I’d probably opt for some sort of rom-com in this situation, such as Love Actually or The Holiday as they’re total Christmas favourites.

How would you spend your ideal winter’s evening?

1. November 24, 2016 / 8:00 am

Yes, that definitely sounds like the perfect evening in, except I’d replace the rom com with a foreign crime thriller. Love it all!

2. LaaLaa
    November 24, 2016 / 8:01 am

Haha I have the exact same feelings on onesies. I like to keep my clothes on the radiator during a bath so they’re nice and warm x

3. November 24, 2016 / 8:18 am

This definitely sounds like the perfect cosy evening in. I love curling up on the sofa with a good film!

4. November 24, 2016 / 9:27 am

Definitely sounds like a great evening – Love Actually is a must-watch over the Christmas season!

5. Jazmin Williams
    November 24, 2016 / 4:02 pm

Now this sounds perfect! My perfect winter’s evening would be a delicious meal – maybe even a takeaway if nobody fancied cooking – then having a stunning LUSH bath with candles lit and a chill playlist, before putting on cosy PJs and watching a Disney film with my two gorgeous dalmatians and of course my parents. x

6. November 24, 2016 / 5:50 pm

This sounds like my perfect night in too! I would add in getting into a freshly changed bed. You cant beat it! 🙂 xx

7. November 24, 2016 / 8:08 pm

What a lovely sounding evening, I think mine would include hot chocolate and movies for sure!

8. Beautyqueenuk
    November 25, 2016 / 9:40 pm

This sounds like a great evening in to me and I love a hot bath, glass of chilled wine, a good book and then when I am out the bath, warm PJs on and my blanket to snuggle in to x

9. Bex Smith
    November 26, 2016 / 7:04 pm

This definitely sounds like the perfect evening in to me!

10. November 27, 2016 / 12:28 am

Yessss I love bathtime, especially in the colder months.

11. Melanie Edjourian
    November 27, 2016 / 2:33 pm

I need to try the glittery bath bombs from lush and also one of those sheet face masks that I’ve heard so much about. Mac and cheese is one of my favourite comfort dishes.

12. November 27, 2016 / 4:18 pm

I’m with you on the movie snacks – the mac and cheese and cookies sound amazing! x

13. November 27, 2016 / 5:41 pm

Apart from the soaking in the bath part (only got shower cubicle in my apartment) I pretty much do the same and instead of mac and cheese I do like to do some ramen instead.

14. November 27, 2016 / 6:07 pm

Ooh I agree, I do wear a onesie and it can get so cold when I go to the bathroom . I definitely need some fluffy pjs xx

15. jigsawparenting
    November 27, 2016 / 8:09 pm

Oh I live in my onesie at the moment, I have the lamps on and the candles lit. I love my fluffy pjs too.

16. Natasha Mairs
    November 28, 2016 / 10:09 am

Omg, this literally sounds like my perfect night in! Was going to treat myself to some Lush products the other day, but the kids kept moaning when I was shopping so had to leave it. Wish I got some now

17. November 28, 2016 / 12:12 pm

My winter evening would include Lindt chocolate, raw nuts, a cozy throw and a nice movie to watch 🙂
    It’s really good to enjoy some quiet time every once in a while to recharge the batteries, right?

18. November 28, 2016 / 1:49 pm

This sounds like the perfect evening, I love lush products especially their christmas collection right now x

19. Leah Shafik
    November 29, 2016 / 9:34 pm

Great picks! I love a good bath – it’s my favourite thing to do and Mac and Cheese is my go to comfort food right now… pop in some crispy bacon bits, heaven! (unless you’re vegetarian of course!) x

20. Le Coin de Mel
    February 11, 2017 / 10:57 pm

Sounds like a perfect evening to me! You know what? I’ve never had Lush products. I always thought they were full of chemicals, but a friend recently told me they were nice / natural products. Now to find my closest Lush…