The Perfect Winter Evening In

Winter Evening

It pretty much seems like Autumn came and went in a flash and we’re almost in full blown winter season. I’ve had to bust out my full sized coat and I rarely bother to wear one, and I’m finding I need to snuggle up more when sleeping. I actually quite like the dark evenings, there being no debate about being fully committed to the duvet cover and the chance to stay in more. Here are my top componants for a perfect winter evening:

It would have to start with a nice relaxing warm bath full of Lush products of course so the bath water looks pretty glittery. A hair mask would go on and a sheet mask would be stuck to my face and I’d just lay back and read a magazine. Times like this where I get to totally relax do not happen very often so I cherish them when I get the chance.

After the bath water starts to cool a little I’d snuggle up in the fluffiest biggest PJ’s and warmest socks. I used to be a huge fan of the onesie but the issue I tend to have is how cold you then get whenever you need to use the bathroom as you essentially need to strip off. Not good when it feels like minus a million degrees outside.

After snuggling up I’d turn off the lights in my living room and pop on as many candles as is deemed not a fire risk, my scents of choice, especially in winter, tend to be gingerbread, cinnamon, cookies, baking and of course pumpkin. With some of these burning, I’d turn on my fairy lights and get ready to snuggle up on the sofa with a movie.

No movie is complete without food so I’d make a huge serving of mac and cheese because who can resist a huge bowl of cheesy pasta goodness?! After demolishing this in seconds flat I’d make sure there were warm cookies, a large hot chocolate with cream and chocolate shavings and a box of Maltesers to munch on while the movie is on. Movie wise I’d probably opt for some sort of rom-com in this situation, such as Love Actually or The Holiday as they’re total Christmas favourites.

How would you spend your ideal winter’s evening?
November 23, 2016

• Reply Elizabeth

Yes, that definitely sounds like the perfect evening in, except I’d replace the rom com with a foreign crime thriller. Love it all!

November 24, 2016 at 8:00 am
  • Reply LaaLaa

Haha I have the exact same feelings on onesies. I like to keep my clothes on the radiator during a bath so they’re nice and warm x

November 24, 2016 at 8:01 am
  • Reply Jemma Andrew-Adiamah

This definitely sounds like the perfect cosy evening in. I love curling up on the sofa with a good film!

November 24, 2016 at 8:18 am
  • Reply Milly

Definitely sounds like a great evening – Love Actually is a must-watch over the Christmas season!

November 24, 2016 at 9:27 am
  • Reply Jazmin Williams

Now this sounds perfect! My perfect winter’s evening would be a delicious meal – maybe even a takeaway if nobody fancied cooking – then having a stunning LUSH bath with candles lit and a chill playlist, before putting on cosy PJs and watching a Disney film with my two gorgeous dalmatians and of course my parents. x

November 24, 2016 at 4:02 pm
  • Reply Nikki Hamilton

This sounds like my perfect night in too! I would add in getting into a freshly changed bed. You cant beat it! 🙂 xx

November 24, 2016 at 5:50 pm
  • Reply Sarah Bailey

What a lovely sounding evening, I think mine would include hot chocolate and movies for sure!

November 24, 2016 at 8:08 pm
  • Reply Beautyqueenuk

This sounds like a great evening in to me and I love a hot bath, glass of chilled wine, a good book and then when I am out the bath, warm PJs on and my blanket to snuggle in to x

November 25, 2016 at 9:40 pm
  • Reply Bex Smith

This definitely sounds like the perfect evening in to me!

November 26, 2016 at 7:04 pm
  • Reply Tara | C&CO.

Yessss I love bathtime, especially in the colder months.

November 27, 2016 at 12:28 am
  • Reply Rachel Nicole

This sounds like my perfect evening in, I can’t wait to crack our Love Actually this festive season. One of my favourites! xo

November 27, 2016 at 1:28 pm
  • Reply Melanie Edjourian

I need to try the glittery bath bombs from lush and also one of those sheet face masks that I’ve heard so much about. Mac and cheese is one of my favourite comfort dishes.

November 27, 2016 at 2:33 pm
  • Reply Stephanie Merry

I’m with you on the movie snacks – the mac and cheese and cookies sound amazing! x

November 27, 2016 at 4:18 pm
  • Reply Anosa

Apart from the soaking in the bath part (only got shower cubicle in my apartment) I pretty much do the same and instead of mac and cheese I do like to do some ramen instead.

November 27, 2016 at 5:41 pm
  • Reply Ana De Jesus

Ooh I agree, I do wear a onesie and it can get so cold when I go to the bathroom . I definitely need some fluffy pjs xx

November 27, 2016 at 6:07 pm
  • Reply jigsawparenting

Oh I live in my onesie at the moment, I have the lamps on and the candles lit. I love my fluffy pjs too.

November 27, 2016 at 8:09 pm
  • Reply Natasha Mairs

Omg, this literally sounds like my perfect night in! Was going to treat myself to some Lush products the other day, but the kids kept moaning when I was shopping so had to leave it. Wish I got some now

November 28, 2016 at 10:09 am
  • Reply Lubka Henry

My winter evening would include Lindt chocolate, raw nuts, a cozy throw and a nice movie to watch 🙂
    It’s really good to enjoy some quiet time every once in a while to recharge the batteries, right?

November 28, 2016 at 12:12 pm
  • Reply BRAND AND BEAUTY

This sounds like the perfect evening, I love lush products especially their christmas collection right now x

November 28, 2016 at 1:49 pm
  • Reply Emma Hope Newitt

This is my perfect night in, I spend a lot of my Winter evenings doing stuff on this list. Glad I know someone who enjoys nights like this too! 🙂

Emmie

November 29, 2016 at 6:53 pm
  • Reply Leah Shafik

Great picks! I love a good bath – it’s my favourite thing to do and Mac and Cheese is my go to comfort food right now… pop in some crispy bacon bits, heaven! (unless you’re vegetarian of course!) x

November 29, 2016 at 9:34 pm
  • Reply Le Coin de Mel

Sounds like a perfect evening to me! You know what? I’ve never had Lush products. I always thought they were full of chemicals, but a friend recently told me they were nice / natural products. Now to find my closest Lush…

February 11, 2017 at 10:57 pm