First Impressions Of The Too Faced Melted Matte Liquid Lipstick

First Impressions Of The Too Faced Melted Matte Liquid Lipstick

I am a complete and utter liquid lipstick obsessive ever since getting my first one at the end of last year, and now my collection has reached over 45 different ones across more than 10 brands. When I made a recent order with Sephora I had some points to spend and noticed the Too Faced Melted Matte Liquified Long Wear Lipstick was there and seeing as Too Faced wasn’t a brand I had tried a liquid lipstick off I redeemed some points and popped it in my basket.

When my ordered arrived from the US I was so excited to try the Too Faced Melted Matte lipstick especially as the shade was absolutely stunning. It’s called Sell Out and is an absolutely perfect nude shade. It is slightly darker than normal lip shade so it’s obvious you’re wearing something and it’s more of a nude pink than a nude brown, but definitely not overpowering. As you can see from my picture it really is stunning and I almost think I prefer it to my holy grail nude liquid lipstick aka Kat Von D’s Lolitia II.

I’ve tried it a few times since my order arrived and I thought I’d give some of my first impressions on it. I can’t really comment too much on the packaging as I received a sample size, but from the look on the website,Β it’s your standard clear see through tube with a doe foot applicator which captures enough colour to only need one application. The colour blends on really well and doesn’t need multiple layers, and it feels really moisturizing even hours down the line when some other brands might have started to dry.

Another great thing about the Too Faced Melted Matte lipstick is it doesn’t cling to any of the lines on my lips, this might be because of the shade but I was impressed with that. I have quite high expectations when it comes to longevity of a liquid lipstick and anything under six hours I deem as a bit rubbish, while 6-7 hours is about standard and I have to admit this stayed on really well with the colour still vibrant about 7 hours after application, and a reasonable amount still visible around 9-10 hours later. Now again this might be because it’s a nude and brighter/ darker colours might not survive as long but for the time being I am very happy with my choice to redeem my points.

Have you tried any Too Faced lipstick products?

1. bloggingastrid
    December 16, 2016 / 6:43 pm

I’ve never tried this lipstick or any liquid lipsticks for that matter. I would love to though. I like your description of the shade.

2. December 17, 2016 / 9:30 am

I have never tried this range before but do have a love/hate relationship with liquid lipsticks, I love them but not foud the right one for me yet, will have to try this range x

3. Hannah Latoya Bond
    December 17, 2016 / 3:25 pm

I’ve tried a few of these ones and love them. The quality is awesome and the color choice is fab. They don’t dry your lips out either. When it comes to liquid lipsticks one tip of advice. Don’t waste your money on that Kylie Jenner rubbish. I went past a store in London that had them advertised in the window and they were selling them for around Β£60. For that money you could buy two of these Too Faced ones which actually are worth the money. For Β£60 you could even buy stuff from proper brands like Dior or Chanel. On my beauty blog I have reviewed these products.

4. December 17, 2016 / 8:13 pm

Matte lipstick is my favorite. I feel like it last much longer than glossy lipstick. I need to try this one you’ve described so well!

5. December 17, 2016 / 9:34 pm

I like that it doesn’t cling to lines in lips. I wish I could wear lipstick, but I have tried so many and they just dry my lips out so I keep up my addiction with chapstick

6. Jodie Whitham
    December 18, 2016 / 12:15 am

Great description – my lips are so dry and chapped and want something to cover over them to stop my lip biting! lol this one sounds lovely, and i love nude colours more x

7. December 18, 2016 / 7:32 am

These sound like a great thing to have. I have really dry lips this time of year so I should invest in some.

8. December 18, 2016 / 5:55 pm

Not tried two faced before but sounds like you had/having lovely experience. I need to give them a try.

9. Paula
    December 18, 2016 / 10:20 pm

I’ve never tried Too Faced products, I wish I had because everyone says they are awesome! Hope this Christmas I could get some, and this lipstick sounds great, specially because you say it doesn’t cling on the lip lines, love that!

10. Beautyqueenuk
    December 19, 2016 / 8:44 am

I am a huge fan of these lipsticks, I love that they are not drying when applied and they don’t budge so easy x

11. December 19, 2016 / 9:23 am

I’ve not tried much from Too Faced but I’d love to try their matte liquid lipstick – it sounds lovely x

12. December 19, 2016 / 6:45 pm

I’ve heard so much about these, and I really like the shade you got! I’m not sure I’ve actually tried anything from Too Faced but I’ve got so many of their products on my wishlist!

13. Lyndsey O'Halloran
    December 19, 2016 / 9:02 pm

I don’t think I’ve tried anything from Too Faced. Sounds like a good brand though

14. December 19, 2016 / 11:19 pm

I love too faced. I think they have changed the packaging of this lippie as mine is in a squeezy tube but this colour looks lush!

15. December 20, 2016 / 8:04 am

No I haven’t tried any but I want to. Heard good things about the brand.

16. Clairejustineo
    December 20, 2016 / 9:49 am

I’ve not tried this one before. It looks and sounds great. I will have to have a look out for it πŸ™‚

17. Chelsea Coulter
    December 20, 2016 / 1:32 pm

Matte seems to be all the craze at the minute! I’m yet to try one! Shocking I know!

18. Louise Smith
    December 22, 2016 / 10:36 am

I love liquid lipsticks and the Too Faced ones are some of my faves! I haven’t tried this shade, but it looks gorgeous πŸ™‚

Louise x

19. December 22, 2016 / 8:22 pm

Looks gorgeous. Not something I’ve tried yet, but I will definitely look out for it

20. Mellissa Williams
    December 22, 2016 / 8:23 pm

That’s a pretty colour, nude but still you can see it on. I haven’t tried Too Faced cosmetics but I will look out for this brand when I am in the US next. Can you buy Too Faced cosmetics in the UK?

21. December 22, 2016 / 9:16 pm

I have to admit I’ve tried a few Too Faced products but nothing from their lip range, I may have to try them next though πŸ™‚ x

22. Amy
    December 22, 2016 / 10:50 pm

I’ve never tried any but this colour is lush! I have very dry lips so a liquid lip is probably more suitable for me πŸ™‚ ox

23. Jazmin Williams
    December 23, 2016 / 11:17 am

I’ve been wanting to try this lippy for ages! I’ve got Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara for Christmas πŸ™‚ x

24. Crystal Gareau
    December 23, 2016 / 2:00 pm

I have never heard of this brand before. It’s a good shade, I like it.

25. Sabeeka Lambe
    December 23, 2016 / 6:04 pm

I’m super fond of liquid lipsticks as well.. Looks like a good shade too

26. December 28, 2016 / 2:05 pm

I love too faced’s entire range – these liquid lipsticks are great in my opinion!