Five Things – Week 47

Five Six Things I Did This Week

• On Monday I went out for a meal with my dad as every year I take out my mum, dad and nan for Christmas meals so it was the turn of my dad and we went to Bill’s where I indulged in all the cheese including crumbled halloumi and mac and cheese.
  • On Tuesday I had my works’ department meal out to a local buffet restaurant and I definitely ate way too much including two plates of deserts *oops*. We ended the meal with our annual Penguin racing competition using wind-up penguins from special Christmas crackers. Sadly I didn’t win.
  • On Thursday evening I went to the Odeon to see Rogue One: A Star Wars Story and it was incredible, so much so I think I prefered it to Force Awakens and I loved that a lot. I won’t reveal anything but it’s definitely worth a watch.
  • On Friday I had a nice lazy evening in and watched a new Netflix movie: Spectral and had a naughty KFC dinner. After a manic week it was much needed.
  • On Saturday I headed into London to Junkyard Golf for some friends’ birthdays’ where we played indoor golf in a bar and it was so much fun.
  • On Sunday I was taken for a day trip out to Winchester Christmas Market which made me feel super Christmassy and it was a nice change of scenery from home/ London.

Five Great Things To Happen

• I finished watching Season 2 of Black Mirror and the final episode was so clever. I’m really into how messed up these episodes are but also how interesting every element of them are.
  • I finished wrapping all of my Christmas presents which has made me feel so much better about the next week or so because I am far less stressed. Now I know I need to have a tidy of my flat but I think I’ll wait and do it between Christmas and New Year.
  • Me and a friend booked flights to Amsterdam to spend a long weekend there in February and I am so excited to actually get to explore the city. I’m also going with my friend to see The Weeknd when we’re there which should be fun.
  • My nails have been properly re-done and I’m so happy with how they look as they’re purple and super glittery. It’s crazy how something as little as your nails can affect how you feel.
  • I booked tickets to see the amazing Hans Zimmer play at Wembley. I have been wanting to see him perform for ages as I love his scores and he’s done so many great movie soundtracks and I am super excited to be able to see him.

junkyard golf

Five Four Things Which Sucked

• I am still waiting on three items from Parcel Force who are messing me around with deliveries. I hate how inflexible their system seems to be and it’s stressing me out as one is a Christmas present.
  • I had a little bit of an insecure breakdown last week resulting in a few tears and feeling pretty crappy but after talking out the situation I felt so much better.
  • I’ve been feeling a bit ill at the later end of this week (lady things- eurgh) but the upside is I’d rather feel a bit crappy now than this time next week.
  • I couldn’t make my hair cut this week so i’t’s now not until Thursday and I’m getting to the point where my fringe is so long it parts and when it doesn’t I can’t see all that well. I can’t wait to get it chopped.

Five Things To Do Next Week

• My Christmas baking. I always make a lot of the deserts for Christmas so I am planning on doing these on either the 23rd or Christmas eve
  • Watch Nightmare before Christmas. I always watch this movie at both Halloween and Christmas (and usually loads in between) so I need to watch it this week.
  • Try not to spend too much money on the New Look sales which tend to start on Christmas eve.
  • Have a nice break over the Christmas period. I’ll be taking some time out from blogging to just relax and enjoy spending time with those who mean a lot to me.
  • Plan a London day out for Monday 2nd January just before I head back to work.
What have you been up to this week?
December 19, 2016

• Reply Claire @ Country Mouse Claire

Indulging in all the cheese sounds like my kind of night!

December 19, 2016 at 10:26 am
  • Reply FussFreeJen

I hope you do have a nice Christmas time; with some good time out for yourself. I love The Nightmare before Christmas too, that and Muppet Christmas Carol. Oh dear.

December 19, 2016 at 3:21 pm
  • Reply Joanna

Looks like you have hadca busy but great week. I hope u have a lovely Christmas.

December 19, 2016 at 4:03 pm
  • Reply Sarah Bailey

Once again you have had a busy and fun week and most of it good! I do hope you are feeling better and that your items are delivered soon from Parcel Force.

December 19, 2016 at 7:20 pm
  • Reply Hannah Latoya Bond

Looks like you had a great week. I haven’t wrapped any presents yet cause i still need to buy them x

December 19, 2016 at 7:32 pm
  • Reply Jo Wiggins

I’m due on my ‘lady things’ on Christmas day 🙁 very jealous you’ve done your Christmas wrapping, I’m nowhere near finished x

December 19, 2016 at 9:36 pm
  • Reply Lilinha Espindula

I was also sick last week, such an awful cold. As you said it’s better to be sick before Christmas. Glad to hear you are feeling better now! 🙂

December 19, 2016 at 9:49 pm
  • Reply Jodie Whitham

It sounds like such a hectic week! I love being busy though. So many amazing highlights. I like it when it’s this time of year and you can make plans for the new year 🙂 have you been to amsterdam before? Hope your parcel turns up. I hate parcel services at the best of times! The presents i’ve sent have taken like a week to send x

December 19, 2016 at 9:54 pm
    • Reply Rhian Westbury

I’ve been to Amsterdam once before but it was for a gig so I didn’t get to explore much so I’m super excited for this trip x

December 20, 2016 at 9:45 am
  • Reply Lubka Henry

Fingers crossed you get all the deliveries on time and good luck with all the baking xx

December 19, 2016 at 10:16 pm
  • Reply Teresa Bowen

I had some problems with a parcel not turning up and ending up tweeting about it using #poorservice. Amazing how quickly all the problems were solved!

December 19, 2016 at 10:24 pm
  • Reply Ana De Jesus

I am a big Black Mirror fan, if you love Netflix as much as I do then you spend a lot of time watching tv shows haha. I recommend Bojack Horseman and Archer if you are a fan of animated comedies?

December 19, 2016 at 10:32 pm
  • Reply Melanie Edjourian

I need to fish out our nightmare before Christmas dvd and watch it with the kids. Good luck with the baking.

December 19, 2016 at 10:58 pm
  • Reply Abracadabra Girl

I love this post, you have such a lovely writing voice a pleasure to read I liked quite a few of the things you’ve been up too. I’ve seen black mirror on Netflix so may give that a go now. Thanks K x

December 20, 2016 at 3:01 pm
  • Reply Beautyqueenuk

I am sure I am the only one who cannot get into Black Mirror, maybe I need to give it another try x

December 20, 2016 at 7:28 pm
  • Reply Dena Jayne

I enjoyed a buffet works christmas do too! I deffo ate too much too xo

December 20, 2016 at 9:07 pm
  • Reply francesca

I love Winchester so jealous you got to the Christmas market!! Don’t remind me that i still need to do wrapping!!! I have tons of places to fly around to tomorrow to get the last few bits!!! Ooo exciting about your amsterdamn trip in Feb!!

December 20, 2016 at 9:33 pm
  • Reply Baby Isabella

My folks saw Rogue One: A Star Wars Story too! And my mummy was in Winchester today with colleagues having a DIM T. The christmas market there is lovely x

December 20, 2016 at 9:34 pm
  • Reply Clarissa

I keep wanting to do lists like this, Ive had a lot on so always next month 🙂 lovely read and grr parcels hope they come asap

December 20, 2016 at 9:52 pm
  • Reply Lyndsey O'Halloran

I’ve heard really good things about Black Mirror but haven’t gotten around to watching it yet

December 20, 2016 at 10:41 pm
  • Reply Cherie xo

I really love Black Mirror, and hope you enjoy season 3 whenever you get the chance to watch it xx

December 20, 2016 at 10:55 pm
  • Reply Stella Kashmoney

Busy getting ready for my holiday. Hate the Christmas rush.

December 21, 2016 at 8:21 am
  • Reply Clairejustineo

Sounds like you are super busy. I love to go out for a meal also love lazy nights in with Netflix’s. Looking forward to my Christmas baking too. I usually do mine Christmas eve or we all eat it if I do mine the day before 🙂

December 21, 2016 at 8:29 am
  • Reply Laura Hartley

Gah I binge watched all three season of Black Mirror last week and I just felt so depressed! They are all so interesting but I’m not sure I can say I “enjoy” watching them!

December 21, 2016 at 10:50 am
  • Reply Stephanie Merry

Sounds like you’ve had another busy week! I’m off to see the new Stars Wars film this week and can’t wait x

December 21, 2016 at 10:56 am
  • Reply Jemma Andrew-Adiamah

I’ve always wanted to go to the Winchester market it looks so good.

December 21, 2016 at 3:00 pm
  • Reply Anosa

Awww I sometimes have a little cry when I feel insecure about something. Hope all is ok now and wishing for a lovelier week

December 21, 2016 at 6:26 pm
  • Reply Zena's Suitcase

I’m really jealous that you’ve finished all your wrapping, I wish mine was all sorted. I’m going to Amsterdam in February too, it’s a great city

December 21, 2016 at 7:32 pm
  • Reply Tanya Brannan

Junkyard Golf sounds amazing! I love Black mirror and hans Zimmer (not together obviously)
    I would love to see him in concert!

December 21, 2016 at 10:01 pm
  • Reply Candice Nikeia

It’s Black Mirror so good! I watch all the seasons in one day! I love how crazy each one is! Have a wonderful Holiday!

December 21, 2016 at 10:57 pm
  • Reply Angela Milnes

Sounds like you had an busy week, I’m not yet starting to wrap any presents.

December 22, 2016 at 1:55 am
  • Reply Jayne

What a lovely idea for a post. Sounds like you had a pretty awesome week. Apart from you being upset of course, I’m glad you managed to talk it out though, a problem shared is a problem halved 🙂 Merry Christmas to you and your family x

December 22, 2016 at 8:11 am