Normally I do my five things post on a Sunday but seeing as this Sunday is Christmas *eek* I thought instead of not doing it I would just make it earlier in the week. I also realized that this is my final five things, and indeed final post of 2016 as from now I am going to be taking 10 days or so off from blogging to celebrate and spend time with my family.
Five Things I Did This Week
- On Monday I went to the gym with my mum for our final session before Christmas and then went to my nan’s for dinner. This was slightly interrupted in the middle by having to go and pick up a drunken dad from having Christmas drinks with an old work colleague. It’s funny how it’s role reversal and it’s now the kid picking up the parents.
- On Tuesday I had the first of a double whammy of Christmas meals and it started with a Pizza Express lunch with one of my closest friends. We managed to have a nice catch-up, eat loads of food and exchange Christmas presents which was nice.
- On Tuesday evening I had another meal out in Camden with two of my friends. We had an amazing burger at Band of Burgers which is bring your own booze so we took a few drinks with us, we then moved to a cocktail bar close by called Simmons and had a few drinks. It was lovely to catch up before everyone goes their separate ways until the new year.
- On Wednesday evening I went to The Comedy Store for an improv night which was so much fun that I left with my cheeks hurting from laughing so much. We also had a lovely meal in Bella Italia beforehand.
- On Thursday I finally got my hair cut which means my fringe doesn’t try to part slightly just so I can see. I am so happy it’s been done and I feel like I’m completely ready for Christmas now.
Five Great Things To Happen
- I managed to finish wrapping all of my Christmas presents by Monday which meant I had all week to relax and do other bits.
- I had a nice pamper evening during the week and relaxed in a bath filled with Lush goodies, and read a magazine with a face mask on. I definitely need to do this and pamper myself more often.
- After a quick Moz check on Tuesday, I saw my blog had increased another DA point and hit the 29 mark. I am so happy although I now really want to get over the 30 mark. 2017 is the year for it hopefully.
- I bought a new acrylic set of drawers from Muji which means my liquid lipsticks are far more organized and I can see them all. It’s mad how much happier a small bit of storage can make me.
- Me and my best friend booked tickets to see Russell Howard at the Royal Albert Hall next year. He’s doing quite a lot of dates but I managed to find one show which still had stalls tickets left so we chose this day. I can’t wait as it’s been a while since I’ve seen him perform live.
Five Things Which Sucked
- My parents bathroom clock recently broke and I’ve been trying to find the same one online so I can re-purchase it for them as they love it but I can not find it anywhere for the live of me.
- My aqua aerobics class got cancelled on Monday so although I still went to the gym I didn’t get the full workout I had hoped for before Christmas.
- Another rock magazine collapsed this week. Team Rock which owned Metal Hammer and Classic Rock ceased to exist leaving most of their staff out of a job with no pay before Christmas. A wonderful JustGiving page was set up to raise money to split between the staff due to their missing payments and it’s so nice to see a community come together. I’ve met a few of the guys from Metal Hammer and my thoughts go out with them.
- I put on half a pound at Slimming World this week, in all honesty I shouldn’t be feeling bad about this considering how much I ate this week but I know in the new year this needs to be a huge focus for me.
- My flat is a bit of a mess and in all honesty other than taking the rubbish out I’m not going to bother cleaning until I get back from my parents after Christmas.
Five Things To Do Next Week
- Enjoy every single minute of the festive period and enjoy some relaxed family time.
- Work out what the hell I am doing for New Year. It is quite unlike me to leave things until the last minute but I’ve decided to wing it and see what happens.
- Finish watching Season 2 of Daredevil. As I’ll have much more time I will definitely have this finished.
- Not go too overboard on the sale shopping but buy myself some nice treats.
- Spend a day of my holiday having a massive clean of my flat.