Live Musical Adventures In November

Frank Carter

The beginning of this month pretty much belonged to my fav’s with a trip to Birmingham’s Barclaycard Arena, London’s O2 Arena and Sheffield’s Arena to see Bring Me The Horizon. Other than saying I had a great time and the shows were amazing I won’t harp too much on about them as I wrote a whole post about the shows here.

On Thursday 10th I headed to Camden’s Electric Ballroom to see Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes. I was a huge Gallows fan, especially as Frank and the band were local to me so I’d see them down the shitty pubs in Watford, but I truly think the rattlesnakes is the best musical venture Frank has taken. The show was pure and utter chaos and showed me how incredible punk shows can be. Frank is possibly one of the great frontmen around at the moment as he’s angry, ballsy and chaotic but also respectful, humble and passionate. So many times he made comments on making people feel safe, respecting women and not talking down to those with disabilities pushing the message of love and not anger. Everything about this show was incredible.

On Friday 25th I headed to the Garage in London which is strangely a venue I’ve not been to in a while. I was there for the London farewell show of Yashin. This is a band who have been a big part of my life for the past 10 years’ and I still can’t over the fact that I won’t see them again. The night was great and they played such a collection of tracks including some older ones which I love, and they even invited the original vocalist out to sing some of the tracks which was a nice mixture.

My final show of the month was on Sunday 27th and was to see Letlive. and Pierce The Veil. Letlive. are a band I haven’t really seen a huge amount of other than knowing their lead singer Jason Butler is A one of the nicest guys in the industry but B is mental live. Their set was insane with him plunging into the crowd and going crazy. Pierce the Veil were amazing and their new album sounded so good live and when they did a track with Jason it was such a magical moment.

Have you been to any shows recently, or have anything coming up?
December 6, 2016

• Reply Ana De Jesus

I have no been to a gig in a while actually but I have a big bucket list of people to see next year!

December 7, 2016 at 9:54 pm
  • Reply Carrie Chady Rundhaug

I haven’t seen any shows in a very long time. We used to go all the time when we were in college. Maybe we should schedule to go to some in 2017.

December 8, 2016 at 10:20 am
  • Reply Mai C.

Wow! I haven’t watched bands playing live in a long time! I miss the energy and the hype! This is awesome, how I wish I lived nearer!

December 8, 2016 at 2:40 pm
  • Reply Gemma S

I haven’t been to a gig for a while but going to see Placebo on Monday and booked tickets forThe Maccabees next year. I used to love Gallows, think I saw them in Cardiff Barly when I was in uni.

December 10, 2016 at 3:40 pm
  • Reply Dena Jayne

Wow, what a month you’ve had! Your passion for music really shines through in this post! xo

December 11, 2016 at 10:19 am
  • Reply Beautyqueenuk

Wow you have seen alot! We saw Terrorvision on Sunday last week at Koko in Camden an that was as amazing as it always is x

December 11, 2016 at 3:30 pm
  • Reply Home and Horizon

I haven’t been to any shows lately but I’m hoping that when the kids grow up a bit I’ll get a bit more freedom back and be able to watch more. I know there’s always a great atmosphere!

December 11, 2016 at 4:14 pm
  • Reply Ickle Pickle

My teens are going to see The 1975 in a couple of weeks – I really wanted to see them too (I love them!) But it is standing only. I need a seat at my age lol! Kaz x

December 11, 2016 at 8:45 pm
  • Reply Elanor

It’s been such a long time since I went to see any live music, I think the last time was Bon Jovi’s ‘Lost Highway’ tour. Really wish I had the money and time, but hopefully we will get something organised next year! 🙂

December 12, 2016 at 10:12 am
  • Reply Claudia H. Blanton

I have not been to any concerts lately, which is a shame, because here in Las Vegas are absolutely massive amounts of shows and concerts to go to. Just been too busy, oh well. I am glad you had such a great time, sounded like it at least. Blessings!

December 13, 2016 at 4:23 am
  • Reply Sarahjane

The last concert, well festival, I went to was HebCelt. I fell in love with one of the bands there, Hunter & the Bear and they are playing my home town in May which I had to get tickets for! Super excited!!

December 13, 2016 at 9:22 am
  • Reply Nikki Hamilton

Sounds like a great month, I sadly dont have any concerts coming up. I need to have a look and see who is coming to Glasgow soon!

December 13, 2016 at 6:54 pm
  • Reply Jess | The Indigo Hours

Sounds like a great month, I’m super jealous of BMTH! And Yashin too, I saw them a few years ago and they were ace, gutted they’re no more. </3

December 13, 2016 at 8:28 pm
  • Reply Enricoh Alfonzo Naidu

fantastic month in review. sounds like alot of fun things are on the move. I loooooove Bring me the horizon!

December 13, 2016 at 11:32 pm
  • Reply Ana Ojha

Sounds like a wonderful month with so many fun activities! I attended the last concert of Ellie Goulding in Tampa and it was a blast!

December 14, 2016 at 9:09 pm
  • Reply Via Bella

I haven’t been to many concerts in my life.. actually… but it sounds to be a great month for you! ~http://viabella-thebeautifullife.blogspot.com/

December 14, 2016 at 9:52 pm
  • Reply Hannah Latoya Bond

Looks like you had a lot of fun. Merry chrsitmas x

December 14, 2016 at 10:33 pm
  • Reply Angie Rose-The Freckled Rose

That seems like so much fun! All those shows seem like they would be a great time 🙂 I’m actually thinking of getting my boyfriend tickets to a show for Christmas!

December 14, 2016 at 10:57 pm
  • Reply Elizabeth Doren

Seeing farewell tours is always just…nice? There’s probably a better word but it’s like the swan song for parting ways…

December 15, 2016 at 11:45 am
  • Reply Jazmin Williams

My best friend LOVES BMTH! I went to see Fifth Harmony back in October. I wouldn’t consider myself a fan, but when your friend is their European support act and hooks you up with tickets, not quite something you turn down! They were good though, to be fair. I have Olly Murs then in March and Little Mix on Halloween which is crazy that they put the tickets on sale over a year in advance, but I’m a big fan, so very much looking forward!

December 15, 2016 at 5:28 pm
  • Reply Zena's Suitcase

You have been so busy. This take me back to my gig days, live music is the best and you went to some great venues

December 15, 2016 at 8:02 pm
  • Reply Sarah Bear =]

I haven’t been to a gig in forever! Sounds like you had an amazing few days!

December 15, 2016 at 9:08 pm
  • Reply Alana

Lucky you fitting so many gigs into such a short space of time!

December 15, 2016 at 9:45 pm
  • Reply Leah Shafik

So many gigs! I haven’t been to see anyone in this has made me want to go book something for the new year! x

December 17, 2016 at 11:24 pm
  • Reply Sarah | LavenderLife

I haven’t gone to any concerts lately, simply because I haven’t had the time for anything else besides work. So I’m a bit jealous of all the gigs you went too! I should start setting off time for it again 🙂

December 18, 2016 at 10:58 am
  • Reply Sandra

I love gigs and concerts but never go see any for some reasons!
    Definitely adding it to my 2017 resolutions list 🙂
    Sandra x
    rustedbones.co.uk

December 18, 2016 at 6:03 pm
  • Reply Tamsin - Eco Fluffy Mama

I haven’t been to any shows recently. But I am due to go to a theatre in April with my friend to see Betroffenheit (Jonathon Young and Crystal Pite) – It’s meant to be heartbreaking. If you have a moment have a quick google as it came about after the death of Jonathons daughter a few years ago camping. I expect to be bawling during the show.

December 19, 2016 at 7:51 pm
  • Reply fashion-mommy

It’s been ages since I’ve been to a live gig, the last one was Kate Bush, that said, I haven’t got a clue who any of these artists are, so out of touch!

December 20, 2016 at 12:09 pm