Places Within The UK I Want To Staycation In

Places Within The UK I Want To Staycation In

As you’ve probably guessed from my blog I absolutely love going on holiday but I love going away for weekends in the UK as much as jumping on a plane. In the UK you don’t have to worry about passports, currency or a difference in language and there’s just as much to do over here as there are in cities across the world. I want to make more of an effort to go on weekend trips and just jump in the car and drive to places and explore my own country. Here are sone of the places I’d love to head to.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh is my favourite city outside of London and 2016 saw me head there twice, but there’s always so much more to do in the city and I have an ever growing list for going back including some Harry Potter related things. I want to be a real tourist and get on one of the hop-on-hop-off buses to see the city in full and then explore some of the nice restaurants. I’ve always wanted to go for New Year as well as their Hogmanay celebrations are legendary.

The Lake District

As much as I love cities I also love the idea of being far away, almost in the middle of nowhere, no 3G service and the ability to just walk around. The Lake District has over 900 square miles of lakes, mountains, and forests and from the photos I’ve seen there are some stunning views. I’d love to stay in a little cottage somewhere and wake up to the green views while having breakfast before going on a long walk and just see where I end up.

Cornwall

I remember going to Cornwall once as a kid but never right down to Lands End but with harbors, sandy beaches and coves to explore I’d love to head here for a lazy holiday. Plus my inner foodie knows it’s the only place to get authentic cornish icecream and a cornish pasty. In the summer I’d totally go and try to learn to surf (although I know I’d fail).

Bath

I went to Bath for the Christmas market last December but it was so manic we didn’t get to explore more. With the UNESCO Roman Baths I’d love to explore and then head to the Thermae Bath Spa to bathe in thermal waters which comes directly from the natural hot springs underneath the city. This is another of those cities where I’d love to just to walk along the cobbled streets, find a cosy pub and relax in the city.

Isles of Scilly

Just off the Cornish coast, there are a bunch of islands which are covered in sandy beaches and I’d love to have a summer holiday here. With 5 inhabited islands I’d love to take a trip and feel like I owned my own island and just relax on the beaches as the islands get a lot more heat than the rest of the country due to their location. There’s a 17th-century castle, subtropical plants and even a shipwreck along the islands and I think it would make a beautiful summer holiday.

Where would you love to staycation?

1. *Beth Twinderelmo*
    December 16, 2016 / 7:04 am

I keep saying to my husband about a long weekend in Bath as it looks so beautiful. I adore Cornwall. We always used to go there as kids so it has great memories!

2. Melanie Edjourian
    December 16, 2016 / 1:18 pm

I’d love to go on a staycation it would be much easier with my three children although I can’t decide where to go.

3. December 16, 2016 / 1:44 pm

I’d love to visit Bath – I went to Bristol recently, which was lovely! I’d also like to go to Cardiff again as I haven’t been in 10 years!

4. December 16, 2016 / 2:44 pm

I’ve been to Edinburgh quite a few times for the Fringe Festival and love it there x

5. December 16, 2016 / 7:45 pm

I’d love a visit to any of these really, but I think Edinburgh and the Isles of Scilly would top my list.

6. December 16, 2016 / 8:01 pm

2017 I have declared is the year for staycations for me and all these are on my list. I want to start with bath, can’t wait to start driving and head off

7. December 16, 2016 / 8:03 pm

There are some really pretty and picturesque places in the UK. We underestimate the beauty of the UK I guess a lot of it is due to weather.

8. Ickle Pickle
    December 16, 2016 / 9:10 pm

I LOVE The Lake District, and Bath. Where I live in Pembrokeshire is pretty awesome too! Kaz x

9. December 17, 2016 / 7:45 am

I like staycationing on my remote north sea island, but if we spend the fortune to get to the mainland I love the Lake District. So many trees!

10. Emma White
    December 17, 2016 / 1:59 pm

I have so many lovely childhood memories in Edinburgh as my uncle lives there and my grandparents took me at least 3-4 times yearly a beautiful city

11. Beautyqueenuk
    December 17, 2016 / 7:17 pm

The Lake District is high up on my list too, ive seen so much beautiful scenery from other peoples posts x

12. Amy
    December 17, 2016 / 7:19 pm

I live about 20 minutes away from Bath and always love visiting – it’s such a pretty little town and the buildings are beautiful. The Lake District is also a lovely place to stay!

13. December 18, 2016 / 7:51 am

I would to visit Edinburgh again and have a proper tour.

14. Francesca Nelson
    December 18, 2016 / 11:25 am

I have been saying for YEARS that I really want to visit cornwall!! We know a lot of people who go there regularly and also who grew up there and they always talk so lovingly about it, I can’t wait to finally make this happen!

15. December 18, 2016 / 5:41 pm

For me it has to be the lake district, its near where I live and the scenery is lovely

16. Baby Isabella
    December 18, 2016 / 9:10 pm

We love Bath! There are so many cool places to staycation in the UK. Somerset, Wells is great too! That’s where they filmed Hot Fuzz! You could do Bath at the same time 🙂 x

17. December 19, 2016 / 10:14 am

I’ve been to Bath and Edinburgh and loved both equally. I still need to visit Cornwall, which always looks stunning

18. December 19, 2016 / 10:31 am

I love a good Staycation! I have wanted to go to Bath for ages, so I plan on doing that soon. York, Edinburgh, Dublin and Brighton are also on my list too! xx

19. Jazmin Williams
    December 19, 2016 / 10:52 am

I’d love to go to Edinburgh and Bath! Brighton is where I went for my 21st and it was gorgeous.

20. Leah Shafik
    December 19, 2016 / 10:58 am

I love a staycation as we have our boy Rupert (dog) and we prefer to holiday with him. I would definitely recommend the peak district though – we live here and with the lovely villages and the hills and Chatsworth house close by it really is just very nice to visit if you’ve never been. We actually staycationed for our honeymoon in the forest of dean and that was stunning too x

21. Gemma S
    December 19, 2016 / 12:33 pm

West Wales is perfect for a staycation with all of its beaches, castles and national park. I recommend Dorset too, spectacular coastline.

22. December 19, 2016 / 8:24 pm

The Isles of Scilly are totally on my to do list- and cornwall of course en route!

23. December 20, 2016 / 8:54 pm

I have so many places that I want to visit next year. York is one of them and some places up in the north of scotland x

24. Bex Smith
    December 20, 2016 / 11:56 pm

I love your choices, especially Cornwall – it’s such a beautiful place!

25. beautykinguk
    December 21, 2016 / 10:29 am

I go to Edinburgh regularly with work and it is an amazing place.

26. December 21, 2016 / 11:02 am

The lake district would be my first pick; it’s so pretty out there.

27. Louise Smith
    December 22, 2016 / 10:46 am

I love Cornwall and the Lakes <3 I would absolutely live in both places. I'd love to visit all the others on your list too 🙂

Louise x