Five Things – Week 49

top posts

It feels so weird to be thinking that Christmas and the festivities from it were over a week ago and that when this goes live we’re already 3 days in 2017. It’s been a mental few weeks, and a mental year in fact but despite all the shit which has happened I’ve had a lovely year. As my last five things post was a bit early this is for a little over a week, hence why the things I did changes from five to seven things.

Five Seven Things I Did This Week

• I had my first Christmas eve off in 10 years’ and it was lovely. I spent the morning with someone special and we had a massive breakfast and watched Nightmare Before Christmas before I headed off to my parents and spent the afternoon baking and eating. Perfect combination right?!
  • Christmas Day itself was somewhat of a blur as the day was filled with food, presents and much-needed relaxation and time with my family. It was such a lovely day and I was thoroughly spoilt by my family and friends.
  • Boxing Day was one of my favourite days as it’s relaxing and was the day my brother and his girlfriend came home so we played games and ate more food. I even managed to sneak out and make it into Lush to buy some of their Christmas sale goodies.
  • 27th December was the day I headed home to take my presents home and have some me time which meant some tidying in my flat and a relaxing bath. I headed to my nan’s in the evening for our traditional post-Christmas fish dinner and then spent the evening with my other half.
  • The next three days 28th-30th kind of blurred into one with lots of cleaning of my flat, a trip to Ikea for a new desk, lots of building units and things and watching movies and relaxing in the evenings.
  • New Years’ Eve saw me spend about eight hours at my other halves friends’ house playing board games, meeting all of his friends, eating, drinking and having a really fun night. I was a bit apprehensive meeting them all but they were all lovely and I felt comfortable which was such a relief.
  • New Years’ Day was a really relaxing day where other than popping to Tesco Express I did not leave my flat. We watched the original Star Wars trilogy and just chilled and it was the best start to the new year I could have asked for.

Five Great Things To Happen

• Without trying to sound sappy or mushy or anything the special person I have been spending most of my time with over the past few months asked me to be his girlfriend and although I find the whole terminology very childish I am so happy.
  • After getting new units for my flat I now have sufficient room to showcase all of my DVD’s and I am sure this will mean I’ll watch more as I’ll know what I have.
  • I finally own my own copy of Star Wars after buying a fancy Blu-Ray version. I’ve not watched the movies as much as I should have because I didn’t own them myself but now I can watch them until my hearts content and I totally and completely understand the universes’.
  • I’ve finally seen all of Daredevil. It took me long enough to finish it but with some relaxing time over the festive period I smashed through the rest of season 2 and have to admit I absolutely love it and I can’t wait to see where season 3 goes.
  • I managed to clear out and clean my whole flat which has meant everything is that bit tidier and I managed to throw out a whole load of stuff which I didn’t need.

nightmare before christmas

Five Things Which Sucked

• On the Sunday evening, I was a stupid adult and lit the wrong part of my hob which caused a lot of heat, exploding a tempered glass cover which was on top of it. I was so scared as it sounded like a gunshot and there was a glass as well. Fortunately, I had help clearing it all up but it was super scary.
  • Although I knew I wasn’t going to be good with food over the festive period I did eat a lot, although I barely had any alcohol which made me feel less unbalanced. I definitely need to get back into a healthier diet with less take outs/ fast food.
  • My fitbit decided to not sync to my phone which meant that other than knowing daily it was next to useless as I like tracking things and having records so I went out and bought a new one which ended up being the new Charge 2 and I am loving it.
  • I normally have a routine of checking Bloglovin at certain points during the working day and keeping up to date with bloggers posts and reading new bits but because I’ve not been at work for 10 days’ I feel so out of touch with everything.
  • Due to the glass incident I had to throw away my living room rug. It is something I’ve been meaning to do for a while but now I feel like there’s a massive empty gap in my room.

Five Things To Do Next Week

• Make a food plan for the next few weeks’ so I can plan how I am going to be good. I am determined to properly get back into Slimming World and I want to do it right.
  • Get back into an exercise routine of 1-2 pre-work workouts and a few evening ones.
  • Take loads of images for my blog so I can schedule all the posts I wrote up pre- Christmas.
  • Try on all the clothes I bought in the sales and had delivered so I can work out what needs taking back and what I am keeping.
  • Finish the final season of Black Mirror so we can move onto a new series.
What have you been up to this week?
January 3, 2017

• Reply Jennifer Durrans

Always good to have a clean out! I cleaned out and tidied up my room ready for January! We’ll see how long the tidiness lasts! xx

January 3, 2017 at 4:03 pm
  • Reply sarah Lea

It sounds like you had a lovely Christmas! And your boyfriend asking you to be his girlfriend, SO sweet!
    I also need to make a food plan, I really need to get back into healthy eating.
    HAPPY NEW YEAR! xx

January 3, 2017 at 5:04 pm
  • Reply Hannah Latoya Bond

Sounds like you had a really good christmas. Happy 2017

January 3, 2017 at 8:14 pm
  • Reply sophie

sounds like you had a great christmas, glad you had christmas eve off! I was working but only until 12 so had the rest of the day to relax and get festive.

Sophie xx

January 3, 2017 at 8:59 pm
  • Reply Melanie Edjourian

I’m pleased to hear you got to have Christmas Eve off. I love the Nightmare Before Christmas it’s a great movie.

January 3, 2017 at 11:58 pm
  • Reply fashion-mommy

Your Christmas sounds lovely, and it is not the least bit mushy to announce you are now official with your boyfriend. Happy New Year.

January 4, 2017 at 5:48 pm
  • Reply Talya Stone

Sounds like you had a lovely time and a really good declutter too! Good luck in getting back into the exercise routine and food planning x

January 5, 2017 at 12:25 pm
  • Reply Lisa Graham

Sounds like you’ve had a great Christmas and got up to lots. That sucks about the hob and is completely something I would do, hope it’s all sorted now.

January 5, 2017 at 2:05 pm
  • Reply Lyndsey O'Halloran

I still really want to watch Daredevil. Still catching up on loads else though

January 5, 2017 at 11:52 pm
  • Reply Jenni - Odd Socks & Lollipops

Sounds like a good week, though I bet that glass exploding was scary! I do love having a good clear out. We cleared out so much this week and it’s lovely!

January 6, 2017 at 8:22 am
  • Reply Katy | Hot Pink Wellingtons

Well done on all the clearing out – I always get the urge at this time of year too! Sounds like a wonderful Christmas – sorry to hear about the hob though, that sounds terrifying! Enjoy Star Wars, I never watched them as a child but have got really into them all lately.

January 6, 2017 at 8:29 am
  • Reply Rachel Bee

I always love a post Christmas clear out, it just feels very settling. And an Ikea trip almost feels like a tradition in itself after Christmas!! ha ha

January 6, 2017 at 10:25 am
  • Reply Amy Green

What a lovely post idea! Glad you enjoyed your Christmas ox

January 6, 2017 at 10:36 am
  • Reply Mellissa Williams

Aw you now have a boyfriend, so sweet Rhian! Sounds like you had a great Christmas too

January 6, 2017 at 11:29 am
  • Reply Purely Amy

Sounds very productive and positive! I love your NBC collectables, Why is her corpse so beautiful?! When Tom asked me to be his girlfriend It felt odd, we’d been ‘dating’ for 3 months it seems so strange you have to ‘stamp’ it with a name but It does feel reassuring! Glad you had a good Christmas/New year break xx

January 6, 2017 at 1:49 pm
  • Reply Louise

I think it’s so sweet that your other half asked you to be his girlfriend! I love that feeling when you meet someone and you just know it’s heading in that direction.. x

January 6, 2017 at 3:47 pm
  • Reply Dana Andersen

It sounds like you had a great christmas! The thing with the glass sounds terrifying, I’d probably cry if that happened to me honestly.

-carryonbeautiful.com

January 6, 2017 at 4:41 pm
  • Reply Jayne

What an awesome round up! Glad you had a great Christmas, and congratulations to you and your friend becoming a couple, that’s lovely news 🙂 x

January 6, 2017 at 5:40 pm
  • Reply Milli @ milligrace.co.uk

In general it sounds like you had a fantastic christmas, as even the things that sucked aren’t that bad!

January 6, 2017 at 5:48 pm
  • Reply Rachel Nicole

Sounds like you had a lovely Christmas! Eee sounds very exciting about your new relationship! xo

January 8, 2017 at 1:22 am
  • Reply kerry norris

Sounds like you had a great Christmas. Playing board games is always fun and well done on having a good clear out x

January 8, 2017 at 12:11 pm
  • Reply Blogger Mummy Lauren

Sounds like you had a lovely festive season. The incident with the glass exploding sounds pretty scary though!

January 8, 2017 at 11:50 pm
  • Reply Rachel | Beauty and the Bird

It’s so lovely that you got to enjoy your Christmas Eve off – and baking is awesome! I always find it so relaxing.

January 9, 2017 at 3:27 pm